Lost sounds on Airbus

I am having a problem of losing some sounds on all models of the Aerosoft Airbus. This problem is a recent one and before this all sounds worked. I did not make any changes inside the sim or thru the right MCDU. The only changes I have made are installing some newly purchased scenery.
I did work thru the "If you have problems with the Airbus ... Do This!" thread. My Microsoft C++ Redistributable's are up to date and I also ran the .Net Repair Tool. I have NOT tried re-installing the Airbus.

The problem that is occuring happens when I deploy the spoiler on descent late into the flight. This cause's no sound from the spoiler, the wav file does not play. Once the spoiler is deployed other sounds that did work do not now. I lose light click sounds (ie. Beacon, Nav etc) and also the 2500, 500, 100 etc feet callouts. In addition the 20ft retard sound does not play. Pressing and recycling the sound via the "Q" keystroke does not cure the problem. I believe I am losing other sounds as well.

My flight sim is FSX (Boxed), operating system is Windows 7 and the Airbus is version 1.31.

Thanks in advance for any help you may offer. Would a RE-Install of the Airbus be in order?

Sheldon

• Deputy Sheriffs

Reinstalling the bus should actually be the first thing to do as you could see from that topic. 

So please, give that a try, by following these steps to the point:

Tom,

My apologies, when I read the topic I got stuck on the " Typically, reinstalling the software does not in of itself resolve problems, " and inferred that I shouldn't re-install. I will re-install the Airbus and see if that corrects the problem.

Thank you for your quick response.

Sheldon

• Deputy Sheriffs

Not every problem is always directly linked to a specific cause on the local computer, i.e. it's not always possible to say something like "do this and your problem will be gone". From all the steps you can do to try to fix your problem without knowing it's cause in detail, reinstalling the bus is the easiest one. If that doesn't fix it, the next step would be the vcredist packages. But that is much more time consuming, so better start with the more easier and faster step. And that actually already solves quite a lot of problems. 

Hello Tom,

I have made two test flights after re-installing the Airbus and some sounds have returned, specifically the NAV, Beacon etc light "click" sound. I still do not hear the rumble spoiler wav sound when the spoiler is deployed. I also am still not hearing the altitude callouts, IE 2500, 100, 100, 50 etc or the retard sound.

Sheldon

Tom, and to those following this thread, it appears I have fixed the problem. Most sounds returned after the re-install of the Airbus, but not all, specifically the altitude call-outs and retard. Since the wav files were located in the proper folders and would play when clicked I reasoned it had to be my system that was causing the problem. I don't have an exact solution but after messing with my sound settings inside FSX and my motherboards sound settings the remaining sounds are now heard thru the sim. Its a strange issue because to the best of my knowledge I do not change ANY of these settings prior to the issue arising. Since the very first day, of the Aerosoft Airbus install, all sounds played without error. The only thing that was changed to my system, and specifically to FSX, was the install of a few sceneries and the Aerosoft CRJ.

As I said it appears all is working now and I can once again enjoy an excellent aircraft. My appreciation to Tom A320 for his assistance.

Sheldon

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello Sheldon, 

I am glad to read that you have your sounds back. Don't expect computers to be always logical (unlike your famous name brother). Under the cover they always are, but nowadays they are way too complex to really be able to see that logic at any time 

Happy flights with the bus! 

Tom. 

Archived