AES Version 1.90 released!

OPabst

... and the Scenery with the directory "Addon SceneryFlightzone02_SCscenery" is in your Scenery Library and activated (checked) there.

Yes...

AES reads the Scenery library and reads all Directories (LOCAL=) of [Aera'S], which are set to ACTIVE=TRUE.

In this directories it look for the BGL files defined in the CFG.

and yes...

So, when all this BGL's are in the active directory, AES should detact the Scenery.

and... NO :lol:

A mistery to solve. :)

I am flying at the moment in Portland, so the scenery is for sure more than active. ;)

harpsi

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sorry that we have to solve this issue. It has a solution I am sure. This is the BEST utility for FS ever done so I am sure you will turn it arround. ;)

harpsi

• Developer
Just another thing I thought:

you sent "me" a file named AESA_KPDX_FTS.bgl. Inside the AESairport directory the name of the file ends in ...FLS.bgl. Even if you try both solutions the problem subsists. So, it is not a problem of the file name as well. (I tried all solutions as you see...)

harpsi

I oversee this point: You mean that you have a AESA_KPDX_FLS.BGL in your ..AESAIRPORT directory? I never have made this file :?:

So can you please try the following:

Delete the Subdir AIRPORT below AES (only this one)

The run the installer of 1.90 again. Let us see what happens. Because maybe there is something wrong from older versions.

But don't delete all! Only AIRPORT.

• Developer
same here, problems with Portland, cant get it activated,saying not installed.

Ok, I must check that, when I am at home, where I have the scenery on my PC. I have no idea at the moment, what is so special at that product.

I oversee this point: You mean that you have a AESA_KPDX_FLS.BGL in your ..AESAIRPORT directory? I never have made this file

So can you please try the following:

Delete the Subdir AIRPORT below AES (only this one)

The run the installer of 1.90 again. Let us see what happens. Because maybe there is something wrong from older versions.

But don't delete all! Only AIRPORT.

Which directory should I delete exactly?

harpsi

Hi

Ok. I deleted aerosoftAESAirportFlightscn folder as well as the two files AESA_KPDX_FTS, bgl and cfg as well. I reinstalled version 1.90 and... the problem stays. I can´t activate Portland.

harpsi

Hi,

I think (I am no teckie) that this problem might be caused by Ultimate Terrain Europe (UTE) turning certain bgl files off. I must stress I am no teckie and might well be wrong.

I realise Portland is in the USA but perhaps USA Terrain does the same.

I had similar error messages relating to Santander & Barcelona, the files being seached for by AES were switched off, I believe by UTE. I found a solution to the problem, all now works well.

Because the solution involves altering some of the AES files I do not want to post my solution. I will happily E-Mail it to Oliver if he feels it might help.

Hope this helps.

Dave

Portsmouth UK

I think (I am no teckie) that this problem might be caused by Ultimate Terrain Europe (UTE) turning certain bgl files off. I must stress I am no teckie and might well be wrong.

I had similar error messages relating to Santander & Barcelona, the files being seached for by AES were switched off, I believe by UTE. I found a solution to the problem, all now works well.

Because the solution involves altering some of the AES files I do not want to post my solution. I will happily E-Mail it to Oliver if he feels it might help.

Hope this helps.

I never had that addon installed so it might not be the cause of the problem...

I just have the megasceneries USA installed. The most closed one is seattle and it works fine...

harpsi

• Developer

Haspi,

can you post a screenshot of your

Addon SceneryFlightzone02_SCscenery

Directory, so that I can see which files are in there?

Hi,

Hope this helps.

Dave

Portsmouth UK

Dave, I've got the same problem with Santander & Barcelona. Could you please PM me the solution?

EDIT: Found the solution myself. The UTEurope patch alters the files AES are serching for.

• Developer
hi

here they are

harpsi

Harspi,

please try the attached cfg as a last check, before I go in deep.

replace the AESA-KPDX-FTS.CFG in the <FSMAIN>AerosoftAESAIRPORT directory.

It will only search the file FZ02xmlobjects.BGL which is definitiv in there.

• Developer

So Harspi,

next step to do:

1.) Please can you check by pressing the right mouse button and "properties" on the File FZ02xmlobjects.BGL in the Flightzone02_SCScenery directory, if that file is flagged as hidden ? Thats the only point, why AESHelp maybe don't find the file.

2.) Replace your AESHelp.exe with the attached one and check if that works (there the hidden files will be seen too).

3.) if that not helps, please create a Text file named AESA_KPDX_FTS.TXT into the ..Addon SceneryFlightscenery02_SCScenery directory

What you write in the file, doesn't matter, only a file with this name must be in that directory.

Then start AEShelp again and check if PDX can be selected and found.

Hi

Ok, There are no hidden files because I doin´t use that option for any file in my computer. I checked that one as well as the other three.

I substituted the AEShelp you sent and I added that text file inside the Flightzone02_SCscenery folder.

Results: still negative... the message still appears...

harpsi

• Developer
Hi

Ok, There are no hidden files because I doin´t use that option for any file in my computer. I checked that one as well as the other three.

I substituted the AEShelp you sent and I added that text file inside the Flightzone02_SCscenery folder.

Results: still negative... the message still appears...

harpsi

Ok, then AES don't see the directory of Portland in the scenery.cfg, so can you please attach a ZIP of your Scenery.cfg

Hi

Here is a copy of what I have in the scenery.cfg related to flightzone2 and AES base pack:

[Area.325]

Title=FlightZone02 LandClass

Layer=325

Active=True

Required=False

Local=Addon SceneryFlightZone02_LC

Remote=

[Area.326]

Title=FlightZone02

Layer=326

Active=True

Required=False

Local=Addon SceneryFlightZone02_SC

Remote=

[Area.390]

Title=AES-BasePack

Local=aerosoftAes

Active=TRUE

Layer=390

Required=FALSE

Remote=

Like I said, all are active...

harpsi

• Developer

Ok,

looks good, same as mine which works:

[Area.225]

Title=FlightZone02 LandClass

Layer=171

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

Local=Addon SceneryFlightZone02_LC

Remote=

[Area.226]

Title=FlightZone02

Layer=172

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

Local=Addon SceneryFlightZone02_SC

Remote=

What I wonder about, that the new AESHelp 1.90a don't see the AESA_KPDX_FTS.TXT file. could it be, that AESHelp has no privileges to read the directories there? I don't think so, but something must be special there, when all other Addons could be found.

Ok, A workaround for you:

1.) Copy (not move) the file AES-KPDX-LIB.BGL from

..AerosoftAESAIRPORTFLIGHTSCN

to the

..Addon SceneryFlightZone02_SCScenery

directory

2.) Rename the file AESA_KPDX_FTS.CFG in AESA_KPDX_FTS.off (in subdir ..AerosoftAESAIRPORT)

Then check KPDX in AESHELP (should not make an error anymore) and check if the jetways can be seen in PDX

Hi

Ok. The first step is done and finally I can activate the airport. I used the version 1.90 of AEShelp. Maybe it works in the same way as 1.90a.

Let´s try the second step which is to open FS and see if the gates are active and there. :P

harpsi

Hi

OK. I did a very short flight arround portland with an A320, departing from D14 and arriving at D12. Everything is functioning well, follow me car, gates, cars, trucks, and so on. SO, now, I can rename the AESA_KPDX_FTS.off file into AESA_KPDX_FTS.bgl? I used the old version 1.90 so it means that your AEShelp 1.90a is not needed. The solution was the last one. I will try to remove the text file and to go back to the original files except the AES-KPDX-lib.bgl which I will not move from my FZ02_SCscenery folder. I will let you know what happens.

harpsi

• Developer
Hi

OK. I did a very short flight arround portland with an A320, departing from D14 and arriving at D12. Everything is functioning well, follow me car, gates, cars, trucks, and so on. SO, now, I can rename the AESA_KPDX_FTS.off file into AESA_KPDX_FTS.bgl? I used the old version 1.90 so it means that your AEShelp 1.90a is not needed. The solution was the last one. I will try to remove the text file and to go back to the original files except the AES-KPDX-lib.bgl which I will not move from my FZ02_SCscenery folder. I will let you know what happens.

harpsi

NO, the AESA_KPDX_FTS.off is the AESA_KPDX_FTS.CFG, you should rename, that AES don't read it, so it don't search for the FlightScenery.

Both steps was to see as one for the solution only two steps to do.

So, you copy the AES-KPDX-LIB.BGL to the FZ Scenery directory, thats the Library for the jetways and normally AEShelp will do that, when the CFG is there and working.

The rename of the CFG to OFF is only that AES dont read it. the AESA_KPDX_FTS.BGL must be there, because otherwise you don't see KPDX in AESHelp and you can check it.

So, keep all as it is to work and wait, until I found the solution for the problem and update all the installer.

Hi

I already did it and tested. Now I have it like this:

1. AES-KPDX-lib.bgl - copied from AESAirportFlightscn to FS02_SCscenery

2. AESA_KPDX_FTS.bgl inside AESAirport and AESA_KPDX_FTS.cfg (renamed from .off to nothing which means it is a .cfg now)

3. AESA_KPDX.FTS.cfg like this:

NAME=Flightscenery Portland Intl

SOURCE=FLIGHTSCN

DEFAULT=Addon SceneryFlightZone02_SC

SEARCH=PDXJetways,jetwayspart2,FS_marshaller

ADD=AES-KPDX-LIB

4. AEShelp 1.90 working and not 1.90a, the one you sent later

I think that the problem is that it doesn´t add/copy the AES-KPDX-lib.bgl to the scenery of FlightZone02_SCscenery...

harpsi

• Developer
2. AESA_KPDX_FTS.bgl inside AESAirport and AESA_KPDX_FTS.cfg (renamed from .off to nothing which means it is a .cfg now)

No, it works because a file with no ending is not a cfg in the view of AESHelp, so it don't see the CFG yet and so it don't search for the FZ directories.

Wenn you rename the AES_KPDX_FTS to AES_KPDX_FTS.CFG you will see, that AEShelp will not work anymore too.

But what is not clear, why AESHelp 190a will not work, even when the CFG is not there, but we ignore that now.