Bug with Radio Tuning Unit

zacklaws

I noticed yesterday and confirmed today, that there is a bug with the Radio Tuning Unit. It concerns the frequency tuning knob inner and tuning an ADF frequency. Initially it will work as normal, the knob will rotate clockwise and anticlockwise with left and right mouse clicks and also using the mouse wheel and the frequency will increase or decrease as normal and work perfectly to set a frequency.

But something happens, and no matter what, once again with mouse button or the wheel, the dial will still rotate clockwise and anticlockwise, but the frequency will only decrease despite which way the knob is turning. If you go past the frequency you want, it is a long job to get back round 99 units to get back to where you want to be.

The outer works with no problems and the inner also works OK for NAV and COM frequencie, its just affecting ADF frequencies for some strange reason.

Ideally I could do with a way of typing the frequency in as a workaround but not had chance to check if I can.

Tried to emulate the problem today. I could only get it to do it on ADF2, it was not affecting ADF1 or anything else. In fact if I recall, yesterday it was also doing it in ADF 2 but I think ADF1 was OK but not sure.

Tried it again, Did absolutely nothing apart for apply parking brakes and just went to the tuning unit. ADF 1 works OK and same for everything else apart for trying to tune ADF 2. The inner tuner knob will only decrease the frequency regardless of if I use the left or right mouse button or the mouse wheel. The direction the knob turns does correspond to the relevant mouse action.

Reinstalled all mouse drivers and problem still exists with tuning ADF2.

But I did find out that you can change frequency by just holding the mouse over the digits and left and right clicking to increase or decrease the frequency which is easier but I see no mention of this in any of the manuals. Also I understand you can do it in the FMS if you turn the inhibit switch off which I will try tomorrow if I get chance.

I get the feeling no one is reporting the same problem as no one replied to the original posting of any other alternative ways to tune the ADF and that implies to me no one has been using ADF 2 frequencies or tuning frequencies in general much or only know how to use the tuning knob and experiencing no problem so never had to look for an alternate way to help out or still like me, learning how to use the sim by slowly going through the tutorials and manuals.

Archived