AES modified textures

zth

Hello

I would like to express my appreciation for AES, it's truly a magnificent addon. It's hard to imagine the simulator now without it, and I wish you great success with it in the future.

I've reworked some of the ground vehicle textures that are shipped with AES for my personal enjoyment, and thought if perhaps there might be some interest in having them made available. :D

The modifications I've made are mostly Lufthansa-oriented, and will probably be to the liking of LH fans. The modifications are:

- Clean white stair trucks and lavatory trucks (no aeroservice logo)

- Catering trucks with LSG Lufthansa Service Sky Chefs logo

- New marshaller with standard uniform and Lufthansa logo vest

- New cabin service van texture resembling - very scarsely - a Ford Transit with Lufthansa Cabin Service logo

aes_mod_1.jpg

aes_mod_2.jpg

aes_mod_3.jpg

aes_mod_4.jpg

In light of any interest, I'm wondering if it's permitted to somehow distribute them, even if it were only to some friends, privately? Thanks in advance for the response, and keep up the excellent work!

Kind regards,

Zoltan Hegedus

• Developer

Hi,

you can provide them to your friends, but include the info, that they all will be overwriten with every install of AES and that there is no support give from me or aerosoft.

Zoltan,

just noticed that the antenna on top (and down under) is not red, but white (see picture) Possible to change that?

Best regards,

Ron

Hi Ron

This has nothing to do with AES...

You have to repaint the aircraft then.

Hi

You can find the reason for the antenna's color in the readme within the package: it is due to a limitation of the feelthere 3d model.

For those interested in the AES texture pack: I will try to upload the files as an attachment to this topic on the weekend.

Regards,

Zoltan Hegedus

Hi all,

Since a few people have asked for the textures, I will provide them for those interested as attachments in this post. I am not able to upload them all at the moment, as unfortunately some of my reworked textures were lost during the upgrade to v.190 ... this should be a reminder, that, as Oliver has already emphasized, these textures are always overwritten with the supplied ones when the AES installer is run, during an update as well. So if you plan on using them, keep the following in mind:

- Make backups of the original textures: you might not like these, and might want to switch back some time!

- Remember that after updating your AES software, the textures will need to be copied again to replace the default ones.

- These modified textures are not officially supported by Aerosoft. You will not get any support regarding them. If you have any trouble with them, just write here in the forum, and I will try to assist you.

Having said that, here are the first three textures, in a zip file.

To download the file, you must be logged in to the forum.

Included are:

- Marshaller with Lufthansa logo vest

- Stairs with "aeroservice" logo removed

- LSG Lufthansa Service catering truck (completely reworked version, see below)

aes_mod_catering_0.jpg

The rest of the textures will follow soon, I have to rework some, and start some over from scratch :cry:

A few words about installing and using the textures.

Once again, remember to make backups of each texture you are replacing!

To install the textures simply copy them to FS9AerosoftAESTexture

That's all. :)

Enjoy!

Regards,

Zoltan

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...