Catalina PBY Sound Issue

Colonel Poupon

I just downloaded and installed the awesome Catalina PBY for P3D v4.

All the sounds are working except for the side windows and top hatch. When I open or close them all I hear is a very soft tat-tat-tat sound. This happens for all PBY variants.

I found the sound file that should be used:

...\Aerosoft_PBY-5A_Mil\sound\Aerosoft_Sound_System_Cat\CAT_WINDOW.wav

I can play this just fine in Windows but it won't play in the sim.

Can you guys help me with this issue?

Thanks,

-Jim

• Aerosoft

In that case I simply have no idea. I am unable the recreate the issue and as far as I know we have no other customer that reported the same issue. Why on only your system, only one sound is causing issues is extremely weird. 

I just tried an uninstall and reinstall of the PBY but the audio issue remains.

Is there another version of the installer I can try?

In addition to the audio problem the installer I downloaded also has an issue with missing gauges in the civilian models.

Please login to display this image.

• 4 months later...

Hi all,

just was testing the Cat for some online flying in our VA. I can confirm the same as posted above. Tested in p3d 4.1 and 4.2. Latest AS installer 1.22. Sounds for windows are broken like described above. Switching on hydraulics getting into a crackling loud noise loop killing all other sounds until hydraulics switched off again. Same intsrument problems as in screenshot.

I know this is an old thread but was there some internal feedback on this one?

Cheers and Thanks

Thorsten

• 7 months later...

Archived