[P3Dv4.1] Bergen Airport ground not changing to winter

Er!k

Hello Aerosoft team,

Since winter is approaching, I ran the config tool for Bergen and set the season to winter. Indeed some textures are indeed changed to winter now, like the trees etc. However, the photo ground is still green. The surroundings are white and that looks a bit strange. I have played with setting the season in P3D to winter as well, but it does not make any difference. Can someone explain please?

Thanks,

Erik

• Developer

Also, make sure that you're using the correct photoscenery files, there's two sets of files included, one for default and one for users that have FTX Norway installed. The default files switches to winter in December while the FTX Norway files switch in January.
The different photoscenerys are located here, "...\BergenX\option - FTX Norway - Photoscenery".

I am pretty sure I have selected default since I only have FTX Global, but will report back this afternoon. Thanks for the reply!

Hi Jo Erlend, I have manually moved the 2 scenery files from the default folder, and now it is working. Thanks for the help! I can enjoy a nice white/grey Bergen now the coming months!

• 1 year later...

Hi Jo, 

sorry that i answer to this Topic after bit more than a year, but i faced this Problem on my first flight to Bergen in P3Dv4.3 in the current winter Season. In my Config tool (which i run as admin) i have set Winter Season textures. And -as i do not use FTX Global and FTX Norway, i have removed the Folder named "FTX Norway" from the Folder you mentioned above. However with the present day (4.12., and also 22.12. -the first day of winter-) i still have fall textures. After playing around a litte bit, i found that my textures only Change to winter in Jan/Feb. But when i understand you correctly, in Default -which it is the case here- it should Change in dec.? I also found that the two single files in the "FTX Norway - scenery" and "Default-senery" Folders have exactly the same Name, file size and time stamp (so, are These different files at all?). 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Yes. the files look to be the same, but when you copy them to the scenery folder you get winter beyound 22.12.:

Please login to display this image.

Dont take care abou the "anomalities" in my picture but thats due to FTX Norway being installed ;)

Hi Otto, 

thank you for your quick Response :-). Now I have winter textures -even on the present day!. However, this seems to be Independent from what i selected in the config tool (e.g. winter textures selected --> White in winter and green in summer). Is this an expected behaviour? Anyway thanks for your help :-). 

• Deputy Sheriffs
3 hours ago, Tobi.E. said:

Hi Otto, 

thank you for your quick Response :-). Now I have winter textures -even on the present day!. However, this seems to be Independent from what i selected in the config tool (e.g. winter textures selected --> White in winter and green in summer). Is this an expected behaviour? Anyway thanks for your help :-). 

The tool is setting some textures for trees, buildings etc.

The seasons for photo scenery is coded in the photo scenery bgl file and switched automatically by the sim.

Archived