Ist Dec 2017

edetroit

• 2 weeks later...

Last AES update was January 2017, AES Development preview was January 2014.

I know all AES customers find this level of support wholly unacceptable...... but Aerosoft does not?:mellow:

I have raised this this issue so many times, the support and level of service from AES is wholly unacceptable, yet they continue to sell credits on a well know online market.

This thread will probably be locked, that seems the only way they deal with things, such a shame as I once had a lot of respect and confidence in both AES and Aerosoft.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please accept reality that behind AES is just one developer, and he is being busy this year with the many many P3Dv4 updates for add-ons Aerosoft is releasing. This has been communicated widely in the forums. For AES this surely is not an optimal situation, but it simply wasn't possible to do both.

The argument that AS is still selling credits for AES is not an argument at all.

1.) Why should you buy credits if you do not already know where to use them for?

2.) And yes of course they are and stay available as there are hundreds of add-ons that are fully supported by AES.

3.) And finally, yes of course Oliver will also come back to AES to add the airports that have been released/updated this year.

• Aerosoft

I do not believe we ever sold promises as you seem to suggest Flight Conex. The product is what it is, the list with supported airports is public. You seem to believe that you bought a guarantee for future updates. I disagree with that notion.

All the credits you bought are used by you in airports, you did not waste anyhting, right?

Mathijs 

To clarify as I have done before, I bought UK2000 most recent EGCC scenery, that is contained within the most up to date AES version, the problem is one of the docking bridge (yes I hear you may say only “one” problem) does not work correctly as this is down to AES not UK2000, Oliver acknowledges that himself, however this was raised early Summer with a view to updating it in the “next version” whenever that may be, so I am sorry you don’t believe I should not have an expectation to expect an update, I have used and assigned credits to that particular scenery, but the functionality of AES is not complete within that scenery in terms of the issue I raised.

It is not unreasonable to expect a timeline as to when the next version of AES can be expected, there are a lot and I mean a lot of people who are equally not happy with the service given by AES, so please don’t imply that I am the only one who is unhappy and the only with expectations.

I am very disappointed with the service and communication given, therefore I have made my point and don’t intended to get into any heated exchange and will not comment any further.

However on a last note if you want to see how many people are dissatisfied with the service from AES then why not run a pole and see the response yourself.

I wish you happy Christmas and New Year in the meantime.

As TOM A320 says "Please accept reality that behind AES is just one developer, and he is being busy this year with the many many P3Dv4 updates for add-ons Aerosoft is releasing." I fear the reality is that us FSX users that have supported AES from the beginning have now been sidelined in favour of P3Dv4. If not, then why make all airports for P3Dv4. Should have created just a few then back to new FSX airports, or come clean and admit there is no further support for FSX in the pipeline. 11 months is way to long for new updates... 

• Deputy Sheriffs
2 minutes ago, Speedbird592 said:

If not, then why make all airports for P3Dv4.

It might be related to this...

Please login to display this image.

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/128744-there-comes-a-time-of-the-year-aerosoft-anniversary-poll/

So the poll you are showing shows less than 500 users of Prepared 3D 4 and less than 100 FSX users. Do you really believe there are less than 100 FSX users out there? if so, why is anybody still making addons for FSX? and are you saying that because of this poll AES for FSX really could be dead in the water?

• Deputy Sheriffs
3 minutes ago, Speedbird592 said:

Do you really believe there are less than 100 FSX users out there? if so, why is anybody still making addons for FSX? and are you saying that because of this poll AES for FSX really could be dead in the water?

Of course not, and I don't think that it helps to make such ridiculous allegations.

The reason why I posted the outcome of the yearly AS poll is that it gives a certain hint where most online customers are currently on (and before anyone again tries to put something into my mouth I haven't said: that is of course by far not the only measure AS takes for their market research). 

I can fully understand that you are waiting for an AES update. But fact is, that for the larger part of this year the focus was on P3Dv4, as I said above, and as it has been communicated multiple times in the forums.

But as it should also be clear to everyone, a focus can also change again...

• Aerosoft

The amount of users for a specific simulator is only one part of the story. More important for us is how willing these customers are to buy add-ons. For example there are still a huge amount of FS2004 but they stopped buying add-ons in early 2015. 

5 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

For example there are still a huge amount of FS2004 but they stopped buying add-ons in early 2015. 

What did I buy in 2017?...... of the top of my head.

Uk2000 ExTreme Manchester FS2004

Uk2000 ExTreme Norwich FS2004

Uk2000 ExTreme Gatwick. FS2004

TROPICALSIM - SÃO PAULO GUARULHOS SBGR 2017 FS2004

BLUEPRINT - HOUSTON INTERNATIONAL KIAH FS2004

JENNASOFT - LYON SAINT EXUPERY AIRPORT FS9

FRANCEVFR - LA REÚNION FS9

I would have bought more if I did not have to wait years for a little AES support.

• Deputy Sheriffs

There really is no much point in driving this road further down.

Behind AES is just one developer (Oliver) and he spend a huge amount of time this year on P3Dv4 add-ons. This was a conscious decision by AS and Oliver. And of course it was clear from the beginning that AES would suffer from that, with all it's consequences.

Hello Tom, Hello All. I've posted on this subject more times than there have been updates on AES. As I have said on a number of occasions for many AES is an integral part of their Flight sim experience, others clearly would think that's crackers. I buy depending on what has AES, put simply if Aerosoft had a body working on it and updating they would not only sell more credit packs but also more scenery. In the above post you have said ' And of course it was clear from the beginning that AES would suffer from that ' , so why does Aerosoft not just state this. I have repeatedly said all I'm after is a straight answer. I would hate to see it go, but if AES isn't going to have any more updates why cant Aerosoft just come clean? I have always respected you Tom, you always try to answer but quite frankly its getting ridiculous. It is a unique product and I think that goes over some heads, It costs a fortune and an update isn't to much to ask. All the Best to all, I'm off to see if I can spot Santa, you never know, miracles could happen ;)

• Aerosoft
17 hours ago, edetroit said:

What did I buy in 2017?...... of the top of my head.

I am sure the developers are all pretty thankful for that. We also released FS2004 versions of our software this year but we simply see that it is very hard, and sometimes impossible, to recuperate the investment. Part of that has to do that we are a larger company with larger overhead. A smaller company might be able to make money on a much smaller amount of sales. 

Fact however is that FS2004 is 14 year old software and that it has limitations that more modern simulators do not have. We pushed FS2004 to its absolute limit, so much that we hit the borders on every possible way. In memory, in animations, in amount of polygons etc etc. In modern simulators we can't even see the edge yet, and are only limited by the available hardware. 

Oliver is an independent developer, we sell his product and are proud to do so. When de decides to extend it we'll gladly sell it as well. But it is his decision what to focus on and we'll stand firmly behind his choice.

Archived