Strange G/S capture issue

I often experience the aircraft violently ascending or descending at the moment the aircraft is supposed to start descending on the G/S path. Last example was at KIAH Rwy 09 intercepting on a course of 050. Localizer is captured fine. Then the aircraft descended at >3000 fpm at the moment of G/S capture. Next time around it ascended at >3000 fpm. Seen this at various airports, like KDEN rwy 08. Both default airports.

Something strange going on here for sure.

• Developer

I've heard about that once or twice but it still didn't happen to me (Frank Docter posted the same in another thread) nor have I seen a report on the beta forums or bug tracker.

Do you use ActiveSky by any chance? Alexander (our flight dynamics guy) posted something about wind effects being way too strong. This might(!) influence GS HOLD although I'm not sure that's actually the reason. I'll keep my eyes open but until now, this issue successfully hides from me.

Ok, try the two places I mentioned. Winds were calm as visibility was zero at the airport, so not likely an AS issue. I also have no issues with AP disconnects like others have experienced. Had to disconnect the AP at this point and it was very hard to fly afterwards as it seemed the elevator  pitch was very very sensitive compared to normal. It is like something happened to the trim system. 

• Developer

AP Disconnects are almost exclusively caused by control inputs. That's why we have a sensitivity setting in DAVE.

I'll try those ILSes at KIAD and KDEN (damn... need to send more money to Flightbeam before I can do that :D)

I am not talking about AP disconnects. I don’t get those. The AP was working in these cases. For some a huge descent/ascent was commanded and then I disconnected the AP to save the flight, after which the aircraft was very hard to control by hand with vertical speedrocketing between huge ascent and then huge descent with very little input from the yoke.

Archived