ENGM - service vehicles - reset to default not working

Hello,

I would like to revert to the standard X-Plane 11 service vehicles instead of the customized ones that come with the AS ENGM scenery. As one would expect they show up on other airports as well as the documentation clearly explains. That said, I can't get rid of the customized vehicles (and logos) neither by using the built in Service Vehicles Tool nor manually (following the instructions in the pinned article in this forum). In fact, both the textures and the library.txt in the ENGM folders dhow the default entries - yet I still have SAS vehicles driving around ENGM and now also the new EDDF.

Any idea where there could be residue of the ENGM customized vehicles hiding?

Thanks,

Jan

• Administrator

Hello Jan,

that is strange.

Do you have done it exactly like described?

If you change the vehicles, then X-Plane 11 must not running.

After you have changed it you shall start X-Plane 11 and one time go to ENGM.

This shall work.

Greets Heinz

Thank you Heinz for your quick answer.

It is strange indeed. I just tried it again. I used the custom vehicle tool this time, ran it in admin mode, disabled the anti virus software (you never know) and set the custom vehicle tool to enable (both the models and the logos), started XP, went to ENGM -> customized tugs and logos. Also the library.txt is the one for the customized models and logos and in the assets folder I had the customized *dds files. So far so good.

Then I closed XP, ran the custom vehicle tool again, set it to default (again in admin mode with anti virus off), started XP, went to ENGM -> still all custom models and logos. Checked the assets folder and library.txt and both have the correct files and content (see screenshot). So it appears that the vehicle tool is working flawlessly, but still XP is getting the customized vehicles from some other place.

I'm at a loss where XP is getting the custom models from. Is there any other place they can be pulled from?

Thanks so much,

Jan

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

• Developer

Hi, do you have the Aerosoft addon scenery for Bergen as well? That one also includes the custom service vehicles, if so run the service vehicle tool included with Bergen as well.

Archived