Mega Airport EDDF V1.0 Xplane 11

Hi team,

many thanks for this great airport product. Long time awaited I really appreciate this one.

Just a couple of questions.

There are some missing linings in the service hangar area and in the cargo area. Further the tarmac in the Gate A section was removed and replaced with concrete. Is there any chance this can be addressed at a possible later update? 

Just a couple of photos to compare the ?current status.

EDDF1 - tarmac gone - replaced with concrete

Please login to display this image.

EDDF2  - white circles for the parked taxiways missing

EDDF3/4 - service apron missing ground markings

EDDF5 - cargo apron missing ground markings

cheers and thanks a lot,

Sascha

I want to chip in as well. First of all congratulations Aerosoft for releasing this beautiful airport. EDDF was long overdue and I'm really happy to finally have it. The quality of the textures is amazing and FPS are so as well.

However, there are a few minor issues that do stand out and should be manageable. I'll attach a few pictures to clarify what I'm referring to.

Misalignment of the ramp object with orthos.

Missing elevated road segment. The elevated road ends as shown, while in reality it continues all along the entire Squaire complex.

The Road ("Airportring") is misaligned and to far to the left in this pic. It runs alongside the noise barrier very closely.

Just like in the pic above the Airportring road is too far left. That's why it has to bend to the right just before the taxiway overpass.

Misaligned orthos and overpass textures at taxiway P1/P14

Misaligned orthos, overpass textures and objects at taxiway P1 & Airportring overpass, which unfortunately isn't modeled :(

Misaligned orthos near the Feuerwache 4 close to RWY 7L/25R.

Misaligned orthos and overpass textures at taxiway P, close to the eastern most overpass.

Same position as above. Transition from orthos to overpass ramp object misaligned. Also the taxiway markings are quite far off and not aligned.

Missing or rather hardly visible road markings. Looks like the layer priority is off.

Static aircraft placement buggy at T2 Gate D1.

Icing on the cake would be an animation of the various radar dishes and receivers.

Phew, that turned out to be a long post:rolleyes:, but please don't get me wrong here. I'm trying to be as constructive as possible with my criticism and in no way do I want to discredit the work that has been done here. Quite the opposite, I love the results and try to advise you guys on how to make them even better.

Greetings

Haui

Thanks Jan for your fast reply and good news!

The issues with road placement are, as you correctly mentioned, minor. No deal breaker there. The misaligned orthos are a bit more cumbersome and a fix would be greatly appreciated. The most striking issue for me, though, are misaligned taxiway markings where the taxiway bridges meet the underlying orthos. I know that WED can be frustrating in placing those as it's not exactly WYSIWYG and the end result might look different in the sim than it did in WED.

As for the static A/C, it seems that some A/C obj have their coordinate center matching their geometric center (close to the main gear usually) and not at the nose wheel. As far as I understand X-Plane will use the obj's geometric center to place it on the gate start.

I must add my congrats for this amazing scenery performing well even on medium system like mine.

WT3 traffic routes generated correctly so you can add WT3 compatibility in the package features. As a sign of support for Aerosoft I also bought Oslo, I think good conversion need to be incentivated as much as possible. Now we need a good LFPG and LIRF. Thanx

Let’s me guess...

its not suits for XP 10.5*?

Anyway, that’s not €10’s scen, and I assume people expect too see more quality product without such strange minors ;) even not with ortho 3-4 years old for example

On 3.12.2017 at 16:55, theaviator08 sagte:

I have an issue with the static planes,   there are planes shown that would never be there,    American Airlines 737,  united express crj-700, etc

X-Plane decides which aircraft to place, there is not much influence one has about this. Make sure you install the Aerosoft Static aircraft library, and also MisterX' Static Aircraft Extension, as pointed out in the EDDF Manual ("Airport Frankfurt V2. XP-11 Version Technical Manual.pdf"):

For static aircraft, it is recommended to use the free MisterX Static Aircraft Extension in conjunction with the supplied Aerosoft Static Aircraft Library. This will help to display more accurate airlines at gates/stands when using the ‘Draw Parked Aircraft’ feature. The latest version with installation instructions can be found here: https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/28167-misterx-library-and-static-aircraft-extension/ 

On 12/5/2017 at 2:06 AM, Mario Donick said:

X-Plane decides which aircraft to place, there is not much influence one has about this. Make sure you install the Aerosoft Static aircraft library, and also MisterX' Static Aircraft Extension, as pointed out in the EDDF Manual ("Airport Frankfurt V2. XP-11 Version Technical Manual.pdf"):

I do already have them

Archived