Compatibility problem Skiathos with Samos

Delphi

I have installed Skiathos 1.5 and Samos 1.4 (with FTX Patch) on P3D V4.1. With Skiathos 1.5 installed P3D terminates to desktop right after loading of the Samos scenerie. No error message shown. If I deactivate Skiathos in the P3D add-on manager no problem with Samos. I have re-installed both sceneries. Problem persists.

Ruediger

Except Orbx almost all my sceneries are installed with the add-on.xml method. All together 50 sceneries. Samos is one of the few sceneries which are installed und kept as original installed. Skiathos 1.5 and it's autogen manager are installed with the add-on.xml method as the installer does.

Ruediger

• Deputy Sheriffs

Maybe it is still an old problem in P3D when addons are added via the add-on.xml method. It should have been resolved in 4.1, but I'm not sure if this had happened.

Read this topic to understand what I mean:

You can also ask the dev directly in his own forum, in case he doesn't answer in time here.
https://www.29palms-forum.de/

Hi Ruediger,

can you please send an e-mail to us using the Scenery Configurator (mailer icon in the upper right corner) and then "Attach Simulator Files". 

Can you load a flight at Skiathos when the scenery is de-activated?

You can do that in "Options > Add-Ons" in the simulator. 

I have just fixed a problem via TeamViewer for another customer who also had a CTD at Skiathos. Turns out that even with ALL sceneries de-activated

and Skiathos uninstalled, the CTD still occured at Skiathos.

A reset of his Prepar3D.cfg fixed the problem. The question is which setting lead to the crash which only occured at Skiathos.

This can be connected to your problem but since every system is different, it doesn't have to be.

Hi Lars,

thanks for your reply. Skiathos was actually ok. The problem was Samos 1.04 after I installed Skiathos 1.5. Samos crashed to desktop. Meanwhile I found that the add-on.xml entry of Skiathos the last straw that broke the camel's back. For test purposes I deactivated some of the other add-on.xml sceneries and now it works. It seems that P3D V4.1 has still an issue with the  add-on.xml method. As I found in the P3D support forum also other user addressed similar  add-on.xml problems. It seems that their is no hard threshold for the maximum number of installed add-on.xml sceneries. User reporting quite different numbers. I got into problems with about 50 entries.

Ruediger

• Deputy Sheriffs

My guess and thats why I posted the above link. The problem doesn't seem to be the number of entries, but the fact that some devs misunderstood how the add-on.xml needs to be set up and therefore make wrong entries.

Archived