No AI at LXGB

rocky

I have just installed the pro version of LXGB for P3D V4 and for some reason I have no AI traffic whatsoever, even with all sliders set at 100%. I have MTX installed successfully, which works perfectly well at all other airports. Help appreciated.

• Developer

There is not much traffic in LXGB. And as it is a mil Base (with some civil flights, like easyjet or BA), maybe not every Tafficaddon has it in his Timetables. I don't know if mytraffic has a tool the see the flight to and from LXGB.

Nope, nothing to do with MTX or anything else. There are numerous threads going back to 2010, all complaining about the same issue. It's a pretty poor show for a developer not to accept those concerns and update the scenery with at least a couple of static AI. I am very disappointed.

• Deputy Sheriffs

TBH Howard I can simply not understand your compliant. Fact is that Gibraltar is a dessert regarding airline traffic. Today there are 4 scheduled flights at Gibraltar within 24 hrs all of them with 2 aircraft arriving and leaving within 30 - 60 min. So in terms of reality it is quite normal, when you virtually fly to Gibraltar that there are no other aircrafts. Looking at aerial images from different sources for the last 7 years only 4 out of 15 images show one or 2 aircrafts. So talking about a poor show is not appropriate.

37 minutes ago, mopperle said:

TBH Howard I can simply not understand your compliant. Fact is that Gibraltar is a dessert regarding airline traffic. Today there are 4 scheduled flights at Gibraltar within 24 hrs all of them with 2 aircraft arriving and leaving within 30 - 60 min. So in terms of reality it is quite normal, when you virtually fly to Gibraltar that there are no other aircrafts. Looking at aerial images from different sources for the last 7 years only 4 out of 15 images show one or 2 aircrafts. So talking about a poor show is not appropriate.

I appreciate and respect your opinion and hear what you are saying. We will just have to agree to disagree. Thanks.

I also have this scenery and I do have AI available at the airport. I am using custom AI (FAIB, FSP, TFS models and AIG flightplans). What you can do is download ACA 2017 http://aifs2.pvdveen.net It contains a timetable functionality so you can see which airlines are flying to LXGB at a certain time. 

• Developer
4 hours ago, rocky said:

Nope, nothing to do with MTX or anything else. There are numerous threads going back to 2010, all complaining about the same issue. It's a pretty poor show for a developer not to accept those concerns and update the scenery with at least a couple of static AI. I am very disappointed.

Sorry Sir,

but your statements are nonsense and inacceptable.

1.) The Screenshot below (from the productpage) was done in P3D V4 with myTraffic 6 and shows two AI Aircrafts there

Please login to display this image.

This two screenshots done with UT-Live and show (ok, airline is history now) one aircraft at the gate and one landing at RW 9:

Here same situation after the taxi to the gate:

When you offend developers, only because you don't can or want understand, that the AI-traffic is not generated by the scenery addon, which only provide info's about Runway-, Taxiway- and Gate positions, then your show. A very poor one.

• Aerosoft
9 hours ago, rocky said:

I have been there often and I can assure you that many hours of the day there are simply no airliners there. Keep in mind this is not an airport servicing a city of any size, it's an airport that is there for a political reason, not to handle passengers. How many aircraft are needed for a village of 35.000 people? There are around 10 aircraft movements per day on this airport, even a very small airfield deep in sweden has more. I find your comments very hard to swallow, not only because the are unjust, but also because they are aimed at the wrong people. Just as I found many of the previous topics hard to swallow.

If you want more traffic there, invite more airlines to fly there and I am sure the devs of AI traffic add-ons will be happy to include it. Until that moment I am going to close this topic. 

Archived