Changing the Approach

DVA8090

Hi all,

I was flying on VATSIM the other night with everything setup great but on approach the landing direction changed and it required me to change the runway assignment in the MCDU.  I noticed that this particular STAR splits off depending on the runway you're going for.  The change required me to fly the other side of the STAR than was programmed, so I went into the Arrival page and swtiched the runway and inserted it, but noticed that on the F-PLAN it still had the previous waypoints.  I started trying to enter in the new waypoints manually and tried to have the aircraft fly it but it became a mess and I ended up switching to HDG mode and making the turns manually.

Is there a specific procedure for such a switch in the approach if necessary or is the MCDU not able to handle that change and the waypoints must be entered manually in that case?

https://skyvector.com/files/tpp/1712/pdf/00012LOWBO.PDF - Here's a link to the STAR I flew, originally programmed was the branch to CMSTR and I needed to reprogram it to go to NODME.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Best is to have for those situations the secondary flight plan ready configured (for the other runway) so you would only need to switch to that flight plan.

Archived