LNAV doesn't reconnect after route discontinuity

I'm having an issue that if I fly a flight with a discontinuity (last waypoint before a STAR) The plane goes out of NAV mode but stays on the heading (heading between second to last and last waypoint).

When I load the STAR before the waypoint it would keep flying the heading and go off course due to it not being on NAV mode. If I turn NAV mode back on it flies completely off course and I have to use DIR-TO to the next waypoint to get it to fly back on course. This was happening in the last version as well for me.

• Developer
vor 6 Minuten, jpcambre sagte:

The plane goes out of NAV mode but stays

Well, a route discontinuity is like the end of a flightplan. The NAV mode is supposed to disconnect there. Simply remove the discontinuity and there shouldn't be an issue.

And that's not a problem. I thought that was by design. The problem is when I remove the discontinuity and set it back on NAV mode it does not follow the route. Also I'm not sure of how autopilot performs on the actual CRJ, but NAV is disconnecting before I reach the final waypoint before the discontinuity and not after or even slightly before.

• Developer
vor 5 Minuten, jpcambre sagte:

And that's not a problem. I thought that was by design. The problem is when I remove the discontinuity and set it back on NAV mode it does not follow the route.

Why don't you remove the discontinuity before that? There's no point in waiting until the NAV mode disconnects and then expect the FMS to correct what is a pilot error.

Didn't remove the discontinuity because I didn't receive ATC clearance for the STAR yet (using PRO ATC/X). In theory I could do that Pro ATC/X tends to be a little late in that respect but it will always give clearance at some point before the last waypoint. To be clear I am removing the discontinuity before I reach the last waypoint.

I don't see how it's a pilot error though because according to the FMS it is not correcting to on course it is veering off course for no apparent reason.

It's the same as if for some reason NAV mode was turned off and then back on. It should still follow the course when enabled once again (which in my testing does work properly.

Archived