RAD Updates - do I need to start a years worth

Apologies if this is addressed elsewhere. I've been trawling around but can't find the answer I need. I have just bought PFPX and have a Navigraph subscription. The original Navdata has been updated to AIRAC cycle 1712. When I am trying to plan a flight the route works but when I try and validate with CFMU it pings back various restrictions. I've found the RAD list and found another suggested AddOn in the form of a download from 'Sharky', presumably constructed from the EuroControl database?

I've done as it says with that download but when I go into the RAD list within PFPX it only shows the restrictions dated 25th May 16 (I presume the date that the original program was updated?) I would have thought that the new restrictions from cycle 1712 would show here?

How do I get the more recent restrictions shown within the program itself? I realise that there is a means of inputting each one but I presumed that was the benefit of someone having done the hard yards first (Thanks Sharky!)

Clearly the CFMU check is recognising recent restrictions but some of the errors aren't showing in the database so I'm having to go to the EuroControl files which aren't the simplest to search.

What am I doing wrong? Or do I have to upload each RAD list cycle by cycle until I'm up to date?

Hi Wellers,

I don't know where PFPX gets the revision date 25th May 16. But if you followed the readme in the download file, everything is ok.

And I can assure you the RAD and Directs updates from download section contain most of the changes released by Eurocontrol every AIRAC.

Why only most of them and not all? Because of the limitiations of PFPX, some changes are hard, if not impossible to add.

AS PFPX is made for simulation, I would say, it can be as real as it gets only.

You can post some example routes, which show validation errors + the errors, here or send me private message and I'm happy to check them.

Regards

David

I've planned the following route :

(FPL-SEROE-IN
-A320/M-SDE1FGHIJ1RWXYZ/LB1
-EGCC1110
-N0350F340 ASMIM L975 WAL L10 PENIL L70 BAGSO
-EIDW0029
-PBN/A1B1C1D1L1O1S1 NAV/RNVD1E2A1 COM/TCAS DOF/171116
 REG/ PER/C)

Which gives the following two route errors:

PROF204 RS:TRAFFIC VIA BABRA OGTUG RAMOX UNDUX IS ON FORBIDDEN ROUTE REF:[EG2819A] PENIL L/UL70 BAGSO NOT AVAILABLE

PROF204 RS:TRAFFIC VIA EGCN EGNH EGNJ EGNM EGNO EGNT EGNV EGSH EGBB+2 EGCCTMA IS ON FORBIDDEN ROUTE REF:[EG4073A] MANCHESTER GRP, MIDLANDS GRP, EGCN/NH/NJ/

While EG2819 shows in the PFPX version of the RADs (split between .H & .L airways to distinguish between L70 & UL70 I presume) there is no trace of EG4073A in PFPX. I have looked further along to see if it's listed against the various airports or groups but can't find it.

It may well be something I'm missing or expecting. I presume that the RAD.dat file updates the RAD database within the PFPX program while the various direct routes in the NavData produce planning options for variants away from the airways ?

Sorry to pester, just trying to work out how it all works. Thanks for all the effort in creating the updates though, really helps with the immersion at the planning stage

vor 4 Stunden , Wellers sagte:

I've planned the following route :

(FPL-SEROE-IN
-A320/M-SDE1FGHIJ1RWXYZ/LB1
-EGCC1110
-N0350F340 ASMIM L975 WAL L10 PENIL L70 BAGSO
-EIDW0029
-PBN/A1B1C1D1L1O1S1 NAV/RNVD1E2A1 COM/TCAS DOF/171116
 REG/ PER/C)

Which gives the following two route errors:

PROF204 RS:TRAFFIC VIA BABRA OGTUG RAMOX UNDUX IS ON FORBIDDEN ROUTE REF:[EG2819A] PENIL L/UL70 BAGSO NOT AVAILABLE

PROF204 RS:TRAFFIC VIA EGCN EGNH EGNJ EGNM EGNO EGNT EGNV EGSH EGBB+2 EGCCTMA IS ON FORBIDDEN ROUTE REF:[EG4073A] MANCHESTER GRP, MIDLANDS GRP, EGCN/NH/NJ/

While EG2819 shows in the PFPX version of the RADs (split between .H & .L airways to distinguish between L70 & UL70 I presume) there is no trace of EG4073A in PFPX. I have looked further along to see if it's listed against the various airports or groups but can't find it.

It may well be something I'm missing or expecting. I presume that the RAD.dat file updates the RAD database within the PFPX program while the various direct routes in the NavData produce planning options for variants away from the airways ?

Sorry to pester, just trying to work out how it all works. Thanks for all the effort in creating the updates though, really helps with the immersion at the planning stage

EG4073 refers to FL restrictions for MANCHESTER_GROUP, MIDLANDS_GROUP, EGCN/NH/NJ/NL/NM/NO/NT/NV/SH to DUBLIN_GROUP, EICM.

The so called Level capping between certain airports and airport groups hasn't been implemented to RAD yet. But it might be added to "Update 1801" - release beginning of January.

Regards

David

Hey Wellers, regarding the EC-files not being "the simplest to search" for I've got a link for you which hopefully will make your life a whole lot easier:
www.nm.eurocontrol.int/RAD

Just add the landing page (no pun intended!) to your bookmarks so you won't need to search for it again. I hope it's useful for your flight planning.

To Sharky: Thanks man, you're awesome!

Thanks MW.. this planning thing is ticking along faster by the minute (still don't get how to put the restricitions with dates into the PFPX RAD database but I can play about with the stuff in the link and it's great for searching the errors that are thrown up)

Archived