• Aerosoft

HISTORY

2.0.2 full new build

- [Fixed] LNAV issues
- [Fixed] Cabin crew sounds volume now louder and play times optimized
- [Fixed] FLT SPLR DEPLOY message no longer comes up when flight spoilers deploy as aileron support
- [Fixed] Ground friction model for easier taxiing (P3D v4.x only. FSX, FSX-SE and P3D v3.x continue to rely on on FSUIPC)
- [Fixed] COM Frequency swap on RTU
- [Fixed] GPWS Mode 2B only arms when within 5NM and 3500ft of destination airport, if FMS Flightplan required. Otherwise it's always active
- [Fixed] Frequency and volume of ground bumps reduced
- [Fixed] Pack sounds added
- [Fixed] HGS horizon line
- [Fixed] Max CRZ Alt increased to 41000ft in all menus
- [Added] Gear bump sounds
- [Changed] DAVE mouse click log now requires debug level 2
- [Added] COM and NAV radio frequency swap keys now affect the CRJ radios (Pro-ATC/X compatibility)
- [Fixed] Stickshaker sound playing on aircraft load
- [Added] Flight Attendant and Cabin Announcements (see )
- [Added] Debugging options on CRJ Manager options page
- [Changed] Logging functions adapted to produce data only when a certain debug level is set
- [Changed] Moved all logs to <Documents>\Aerosoft\Digital Aviation CRJ\Logs
- [Added] Function to check and auto-create the <Documents>\Aerosoft\Digital Aviation CRJ folders plus subfolders (Flightplans, Panel States, Logs) 
- [Fixed] GPWS mode 2a only activates when flaps are not in landing configuration (< 30 degrees)
- [Fixed] Optimization of the number of draw calls for the virtual cockpit display and HGS.
- [Fixed] PFD bearing pointers mix-up
- [Fixed] HGS FPV/FD not visible
- [Fixed] Some HGS elements not drawing when airborne
- [Fixed] Possible endless loop during calculation of radius to fix legs
- [Fixed] Added a small nullzone to the spoiler lever to avoid CONFIG SPLRS warning triggered by input axis noise
- [Fixed] Missing R REV ARMED EICAS message
- [Added] Scaling option for HGS fonts for use with UHD (and similar) monitors. To change the scaling option, open you CRJ.cfg (CRJ_P3Dv4.cfg for P3D v4) 
          and add the following line to the [Config] section: HGSFontScale=175 The value needs to be identical to the font scaling setting in Windows. 
          Default is therefore "100". I will add this to CRJ Manager for the next version.
- [Fixed] FMS/FPLN: Flightplan loading via CoRoute entry
- [Fixed] HGS repositioned (FSX and P3D v3 models added)
- [Fixed] HGS repositioned (P3D v4 models only. P3D v3 and FSX/FSX-SE will follow soon™)
- [Fixed] Thrust reversers now open before reverse thrust is set (and only close after reverse thrust is back to idle)
- [Fixed] Slightly increased the upper limit for throttle cruise range
- [Fixed] Improved FPV and FD in HGS 
- [Fixed] Fuel/Time calculation updating on legs with ToC/ToD 
- [Fixed] MFD SAT/TAT indications no longer locked to -14/-28
- [Fixed] Late turn to new direct leg 
- [Checked] DME Autotune update (no issue found)
- [Fixed] Wrong CoG/trim calculation for CRJ-900

I know it is off topic but is aerosoft making some sort of orbx direct, or pmdg oc, or tfdi manager where updates are over the air? So no need to make a installer and test it again

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

HISTORY

2.0.2 full new build

- [Fixed] LNAV issues
- [Fixed] Cabin crew sounds volume now louder and play times optimized
- [Fixed] FLT SPLR DEPLOY message no longer comes up when flight spoilers deploy as aileron support
- [Fixed] Ground friction model for easier taxiing (P3D v4.x only. FSX, FSX-SE and P3D v3.x continue to rely on on FSUIPC)
- [Fixed] COM Frequency swap on RTU
- [Fixed] GPWS Mode 2B only arms when within 5NM and 3500ft of destination airport, if FMS Flightplan required. Otherwise it's always active
- [Fixed] Frequency and volume of ground bumps reduced
- [Fixed] Pack sounds added
- [Fixed] HGS horizon line
- [Fixed] Max CRZ Alt increased to 41000ft in all menus
- [Added] Gear bump sounds
- [Changed] DAVE mouse click log now requires debug level 2
- [Added] COM and NAV radio frequency swap keys now affect the CRJ radios (Pro-ATC/X compatibility)
- [Fixed] Stickshaker sound playing on aircraft load
- [Added] Flight Attendant and Cabin Announcements (see )
- [Added] Debugging options on CRJ Manager options page
- [Changed] Logging functions adapted to produce data only when a certain debug level is set
- [Changed] Moved all logs to <Documents>\Aerosoft\Digital Aviation CRJ\Logs
- [Added] Function to check and auto-create the <Documents>\Aerosoft\Digital Aviation CRJ folders plus subfolders (Flightplans, Panel States, Logs) 
- [Fixed] GPWS mode 2a only activates when flaps are not in landing configuration (< 30 degrees)
- [Fixed] Optimization of the number of draw calls for the virtual cockpit display and HGS.
- [Fixed] PFD bearing pointers mix-up
- [Fixed] HGS FPV/FD not visible
- [Fixed] Some HGS elements not drawing when airborne
- [Fixed] Possible endless loop during calculation of radius to fix legs
- [Fixed] Added a small nullzone to the spoiler lever to avoid CONFIG SPLRS warning triggered by input axis noise
- [Fixed] Missing R REV ARMED EICAS message
- [Added] Scaling option for HGS fonts for use with UHD (and similar) monitors. To change the scaling option, open you CRJ.cfg (CRJ_P3Dv4.cfg for P3D v4) 
          and add the following line to the [Config] section: HGSFontScale=175 The value needs to be identical to the font scaling setting in Windows. 
          Default is therefore "100". I will add this to CRJ Manager for the next version.
- [Fixed] FMS/FPLN: Flightplan loading via CoRoute entry
- [Fixed] HGS repositioned (FSX and P3D v3 models added)
- [Fixed] HGS repositioned (P3D v4 models only. P3D v3 and FSX/FSX-SE will follow soon™)
- [Fixed] Thrust reversers now open before reverse thrust is set (and only close after reverse thrust is back to idle)
- [Fixed] Slightly increased the upper limit for throttle cruise range
- [Fixed] Improved FPV and FD in HGS 
- [Fixed] Fuel/Time calculation updating on legs with ToC/ToD 
- [Fixed] MFD SAT/TAT indications no longer locked to -14/-28
- [Fixed] Late turn to new direct leg 
- [Checked] DME Autotune update (no issue found)
- [Fixed] Wrong CoG/trim calculation for CRJ-900

Were they any improvements made to ToD calculations when route changes are made for example  Altitude constraints in flightplan etc. 

Thanks

ROMAN78 

• Deputy Sheriffs
41 minutes ago, webfub said:

I know it is off topic but is aerosoft making some sort of orbx direct, or pmdg oc, or tfdi manager where updates are over the air? So no need to make a installer and test it again

I can't comment on the question, but on your conclusion. If the new software is deployed via a stand alone installer or via "over the air" doesn't make too much of a difference when it comes to testing. If there is some sort of complex algorithm needed to be able to install/update a software on a huge variety of systems, here is no difference if this algorithm is implemented in a stand alone installer or an "over the air" updater. Both ways need to be tested thoroughly before they can be published publicly.

But of a course an "over the air" deployment is much more comfortable from a user perspective, that's far out of question.

Quick question. How will this new scaling effect those who are running anything besides 100 on the scale. I know many of us run 4K monitors or TV at a higher scale. For me on my 43in 4K I run 125% on the scale so the icons and fonts don't look tiny. 

Quick question regarding fuel remaining and time remaining calculations. Have those been improved at all? Previously, when on the ground the time to next leg, destination, etc. would read in the negative hundreds of thousands of hours on the MFD. Likewise, the remaining fuel would be in the negative millions of pounds. Has this been touched on at all?

Thanks!

No fix for the door issue (third party programs do not recognize the door status) that has been introduced in the last update? I love this plane and this issue is the only one that affects me on every flight. I was hoping it would be a quick fix since it wasn't there in the original release.

Peter

4 hours ago, ROMAN78 said:

Were they any improvements made to ToD calculations when route changes are made for example  Altitude constraints in flightplan etc. 

Thanks

ROMAN78 

I believe my question was answered  after reading thru the changelog Mathijs. Looking forward to trying it out. Thanks again for the update. 

Respectfully,

ROMAN78 

3 hours ago, qqwertzde said:

No fix for the door issue (third party programs do not recognize the door status) that has been introduced in the last update?

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Can you tell us more about the door issue?

qqwertzde, are you referring to GSX not recognizing the boarding door is open?

I've noticed (and tested to confirm) with GSX recently (currently using 2.1) that the boarding door has to be closed when initializing GSX and then opened afterwards (can be done before or after boarding is selected) for GSX to recognize that the boarding door has been in fact opened. This occurs in my PMDG aircraft (with custom and internal GSX profiles) and the CRJ (only ones I use GSX with). This is not the case for the remaining doors however.

My thought: I think the issue is tied to the fact that the boarding door used in GSX for these aircraft are also the "Main Exit" in P3D (I'm using 4.1). Something might have changed in their code to create this nuance.

Hello Mathijs and Twincessna,

this problem does not only affect GSX, but also FSCaptain. The status of the main door is wrongly recognized. FSCaptain wants the door to be closed during the flight, but I would have to fly with the door actually being open to do so.

However, on my latest flight I may have discovered something: it appears that the main door status is correctly recognized when one uses Dave to open and close it. Normally I use Shift-E, and that method seems to be faulty. 

Peter

41 minutes ago, ashlee said:

Version 1.0.2.0 become avaliable in download section. Is it "2.0.2 build" that Mathijs mention?

My guess is yes:

• No other new full installer has been announced.
  • No offence intended, but the CRJ simply cannot yet be a version 2.x

So probably just a typo in the announcement.

Archived