Twin Otter Ext.- Bronco: install outide rootfolder P3Dv4.1

Hansonius

Hi, I just switched from FSX to P3Dv4.1 and want to install my addon aircraft as XML addons with the Lorby addon manager outside the rootfolder.

But somehow it seems to be impossible to install the Twin Otter Ext. and the Bronco outside the rootfolder of P3Dv4.1.

I used the "browse"button, but then I get thet message "can't find the simulator" and I am forced to install in the rootfolder.

Is there a workaround?

Hans

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 6:31 AM, Hansonius said:

Thanks Mathijs,

I think XML addons have the future, it saves a lot of work in case of a reinstal of the sim.

Hans

I have both the Twin Otter and the Bronco installed with the XML addon method. The overview is to point the installer to a dummy folder and then create the xml file manually. Below is a screencap of all the XML installs so far. Of course, for each addon, there is a corresponding folder and XML in the "My Documents" folder. Many aircraft addons also require editing of ini files for custom sounds, etc.

I've even managed to get Carenados installed this way.

Beware, there are still many addons that have relative file paths hard coded in their files that preclude from using this method.

Hope this helps, it can be done.

Please login to display this image.

Archived