Installation of RAAS

SoundFly

Hi,

I have RAAS installed with my A320/321. I've just bought boxed CRJ 700/900. What should I do during installation of RAAS  - skip it or install it. Will it not affect the existing installation?

Greets

• 1 year later...

Sorry for continuing this old thread, but I have a supplemental question to a similar issue:

I plan to remove my FSX installation as I fly only P3D (actually V4.5 HF2).

In both sims, the corresponding Airbus bundles were installed (Professional in P3D V4, "Non-Professional" in FSX).

In both sims, the CRJ 700-900 was installed.

All long time ago, all aircraft with the delivered RAAS Pro Locked : 32bit in FSX, x64 in P3D V4.

Preparing the FSX removal in a long term way, I begun with the uninstall of the FSX Airbus bundle and the FSX CRJ some hours ago.

After the removal of all FSX Airbus'es and the FSX CRJ has finished, to my surprise the untouched P3D V4 didn't start again:
Windows event: Exception code: 0xc0000417 in ucrtbase.DLL.

I felt this was somehow in consequence of the RAAS Pro removal in FSX (part of the uninstall).

After re-applying one of the Airbus Professional bundles, my P3D V4 starts again.

Now my question related to the RAAS Pro installation concerning the dependence of the included RAAS Pro (Locked):

• do the Airbus Professional packages (A318/A319 vs. A320/A321) contain and use both the same RAAS Pro,
    so the re-apply of one installer (say A318/A319) repairs RAAS Pro for the other (in this case A320/A321) ?

• "These two will not affect each other..." : did you mean the aircrafts or the RAAS packages ?
    In detail: is the RAAS Pro of the CRJ the same as the RAAS Pro of the airbus ?
    So if I update/re-install the locked version of RAAS Pro, it is used by both aircrafts ?

A short test after the re-apply of just the A318/A319 bundle seems to answer my question with "yes" (meaning: I see the RAAS Pro addon in all airbus/CRJ aircrafts), but maybe you could eliminate my uncertainity...

Archived