AES Version 2.45a not working in FSX SE

iowa

Today I downloaded AES base pack (Version 2.45) 

After installation I received the message "FSX missing Supportpack!" 

Although I noticed what Tom A320 said about this in his topic of the 29th of October,

I read the following in the AES Version 2.45a installer release notes (page 3) Info’s of Version 2.43a:

"This new Version is designed to support all variations of the FSX Based Simulators, like FSX APP+SP2, FSX SE and P3D by using the Simconnect Interface instead of Vistamare"

I have the Simconnect interface installed on my computer, so I wonder why AES does not work.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please don't take single sentences out of their context. This is the complete paragraph:

In the last Month the first Steps for a complete new Verison of AES was done, like a new implementation of Jetway and Pushback. This new Version is designed to support all variations of the FSX Based Simulators, like FSX APP+SP2, FSX SE and P3D by using the Simconnect Interface instead of Vistamare.

The sentence you quoted refers to a future version of AES (a completey new AES actually) which is currently in development, and NOT to the current version.

21 minutes ago, iowa said:

I have the Simconnect interface installed on my computer, so I wonder why AES does not work.

Because the current version is not compatible to FSX:SE. As you have read in my post you'd mentioned.

• Deputy Sheriffs

From the product page:

System requirements for AES Base Pack:)
Microsoft Flight Simulator X with SP2 or Acceleration Pack or
Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 (Version 9.1
Windows 98, 98 SE, ME, 2000, XP, 2003, Vista, 7
Pentium 1.5 GHz
512 MB RAM
Sound card
Adobe Acrobat® Reader 5 minimal to read and print the manual (1)
Download Size: 45 MB
Installation Size: 122 MB

Note: The DirectX-10 preview mode in FSX is not supported.

Sorry, I was under the assumption that this version 2.45 was the new version as announced in the notes of version 2.43 of september 2016 

Archived