ORBX entwickelt Szenerien für X-Plane

Moin Zusammen,

nachdem ich in der Vergangenheit eher ablehnende Aussagen von ORBX über X-Pane-Planungen gelesen habe, kommt die Wende nun wohl doch überraschend. So langsam wagen einige den Sprung auf den XP-Zug. :o

Diesen Bericht habe ich gerade gefunden:

Gruß

Horst

That said I guess the cat is out of the bag that Orbx is developing for XP (I revealed this in a recent interview at Cosford FlightSim show), and I would be interested to hear if there is interest in a NetherlandsXP as a payware product with all the usual Orbx 3D POIs modelled etc?

das sind mal good news!

Ich hab gesehen, was ORBX im Aerofly FS gemacht hat- das Können von den ORBX Leuten gepaart mit neuer Technologie eröffnet schon krasse Möglichkeiten; siehe hier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GY1ePuj3UE

Es war ohnehin eine Frage der Zeit bis die Eitelkeiten seitens ORBX CEO abgelegt werden und die vernunft einkehrt. XP hat einen immer wichtigeren Stand in der Flusi-Welt.

Ich freue mich auf die Produkte. Sie werden weitere P3D jünger zu XP bringen und so den Markt vergrössern, was uns am Schluss allen zu Gute kommen wird.

...ich poste mal eine Kopie von meinem Beitrag aus einem Nachbarforum :) da erspare ich mir doppeltes Tippen...

btw, wenn ich nachher wieder zuhause bin, versuche ich mal, den Flug nachzufilmen, wie es mit den XP-Mitteln bei mir aussieht ;)

Aloha!

Ich weiss zwar als Nichtbenutzer nicht, ob im FSX/P3D-Bereich in Sachen Weltgestaltung auch so viel von der Community kam ( ich meine jetzt nicht Airports speziell), aber bei XPlane sind die Freeware-Projekte in Bereich Orthophotos sicherlich ausreichend, zumindest fuer mich. Und wir haben ja noch die ganzen simHeaven-Geschichten. Da alpilot jetzt auch noch mit neuen HD-Meshes kommt...Das Airport-Angebot im Bereich Regional/GA von Orbx ist sicher in XPlane auch durch wunderbare Projekte von MisterX und Co. gut versorgt, und die Anbieter von Payware haben auch zugelegt.
Und es gibt ja auch noch Gebiets- und Städteszenarien im Kaufbereich ( s. aktuell die Dolomiten)
Bei diesen ganzen abhaengigkeiten innerhalb Orbx wird die Verwaltung der scenery-ini dann auch nicht einfacher :)

Ausserdem gibt es jetzt auch Eisberge, da friert die Hölle schneller zu :D
openvfr.freyt.de/IcebergsXP/product/openvfr-icebergsxp/

safe landings
Lem

Kann auf jeden Fall interessant werden, was da am Ende bei rauskommt. Wird aber vermutlich "Windows only" sein, da ORBX ja sonst ihr FTX Central nicht als Kopierschutzmechanismus nutzen kann. Und da das vermutlich rein über ihren eigenen Webshop vertrieben wird, wird Paypal als Zahlungsoption auch wegfallen.

Lassen wir uns überraschen...

vor 20 Stunden , quaxpilot sagte:

...ich poste mal eine Kopie von meinem Beitrag aus einem Nachbarforum :) da erspare ich mir doppeltes Tippen...

btw, wenn ich nachher wieder zuhause bin, versuche ich mal, den Flug nachzufilmen, wie es mit den XP-Mitteln bei mir aussieht ;)

Aloha!

Ich weiss zwar als Nichtbenutzer nicht, ob im FSX/P3D-Bereich in Sachen Weltgestaltung auch so viel von der Community kam ( ich meine jetzt nicht Airports speziell), aber bei XPlane sind die Freeware-Projekte in Bereich Orthophotos sicherlich ausreichend, zumindest fuer mich. Und wir haben ja noch die ganzen simHeaven-Geschichten. Da alpilot jetzt auch noch mit neuen HD-Meshes kommt...Das Airport-Angebot im Bereich Regional/GA von Orbx ist sicher in XPlane auch durch wunderbare Projekte von MisterX und Co. gut versorgt, und die Anbieter von Payware haben auch zugelegt.
Und es gibt ja auch noch Gebiets- und Städteszenarien im Kaufbereich ( s. aktuell die Dolomiten)
Bei diesen ganzen abhaengigkeiten innerhalb Orbx wird die Verwaltung der scenery-ini dann auch nicht einfacher :)

Ausserdem gibt es jetzt auch Eisberge, da friert die Hölle schneller zu :D
openvfr.freyt.de/IcebergsXP/product/openvfr-icebergsxp/

safe landings
Lem

ich denke diese zeilen auf flightdeckX bringens ziemlich auf den Punkt. Ob ORBX nun seine berechtigung hat oder nicht ist sekundär. Wichtig ist die Signalwirkung für andere developer die momentan noch nicht für xplane plattform basteln.

A guest comment by Magnus Lorvik, well known as admin of the popular Facebook group X-Plane 11: Next Generation:

“Oh my, what a day yesterday… I feel I want to comment on all of that chaos and the following fanboy bashing and the fact that OrbX now had to admit that they are working on the x-plane platform.

First off for those who missed the chaos:
OrbX messed up. Big time. They posted x-plane pictures in a thread about their new scenery claiming it was P3D. Many of us clearly saw that this was x-plane, others weren’t sure (understandably so) and some were so sure that x-plane would never be able to reach such a high level of graphics. It was quite entertaining – but also very tiering since the fanboy war was cooking. When people started comparing the suspected pictures side by side with the earlier released photos of the P3D project, the fact that these were from two completely different simulators got obvious. The X-Plane pictures were from Netherlands scenery created with ortho4xp and w2xp and had nothing to do with OrbX other than the claim that they were their work. I can only imagine what a day the creator of w2xp had when he saw his work being displayed as OrbX’s latest masterpiece.

Anyways, I’m not here to hate on OrbX, quite the opposite. After several hours OrbX staff woke up to a nightmare and pretty quickly did the only sensible thing and admitted it was indeed a mistake. An honest one, I am sure. But they simultaneously had to admit that they are in fact working on at least one project for X-Plane. And now the different fanboys within x-plane started fighting…

OK, OrbX is coming to X-Plane. You say it’s not needed? We have ortho4xp and other free addons that makes OrbX obsolete you say? Let me tell you why you are wrong.

Just the reality of OrbX making something for x-plane is huge news for the X-Plane community. If you don’t know; OrbX is one of the major developers of 3rd party scenery and airports for P3D and FSX. Now we have, not only the attention of the big developers, but they are actually trying to be a part of x-planes future. This alone will show other 3rd party developers -big and small- that x-plane is in fact playing ball with the big boys and it will bring in more content for X-Plane users. This in itself undermines your feelings of wether x-plane needs OrbX or not. But let me continue.

The pictures leaked from OrbX were of the Netherlands. If that is the project they are working on or not, I do not know. I hope not because the “nay sayers” are right in one thing.
We have tons upon tons of freely available scenery for free, Netherlands included. Ortho4xp is fan-doodle-tastic! When it works. Large parts of Europe and the world are covered. But we have large holes in this eye candy landscape. Norway and Austria to mention two of the European countries. The list is long and we need to fill those gaps somehow.

Good quality airports are always welcome and perhaps concentrated sceneries of high quality such as cities and islands or mountainous regions. With that said – many will welcome an easier access to photorealistic scenery than what ortho4xp gives and Ortho will be a welcome relief. But to get the full impact on X-Plane market share OrbX will have to deliver something everybody wants. Ortho4xp users are plentiful and they won’t pay for something that they easily get for free.

To sum it up: I welcome OrbX to X-Plane. But they have to understand the needs this community has for new content and not just barge in with something we already have. That will lead to failure. We have already a cluster of duplicate aircraft’s which limits our diversity. We do not need the same for scenery. In any case this news is a success for Laminar Research and the growing X-Plane community.

So OrbX: If you are listening, start talking to us or at least show us that you care to deliver what we need. We welcome you. And if you tread consciously it will be a success for all of us.”

Archived