Dutch airports

mikced76

Hi

Given the very recent announcement from a very well known developer regarding its next region will be the Nerherlands and for the first time ever the region will be photoreal and the massive response from the community. Will Aerosoft perhaps take this in to consideration and update Rotterdam, Lelystad and Maasterich to be used in p3d v4. Im no marketing expert but it seem reasonable many customers of this region will start to look for some high quality airports $$$ ;) just saying....

mike

Curious as well. Don't know if it makes sense though. For the professional market I can understand if there is demand. NL2000 also has decent freeware versions of these airports already available (also in P3Dv4). And you know the Dutch mentality :lol: (gratis!)

I would really like to see an Aerosoft version of Eindhoven though (not sure if that is possible because it is also a military field).

Having the cities and especially the ports of Amsterdam and Rotterdam is very exciting stuff - especially if the ports were active.  Doing the AI shipping doesn't require that much work and I'm sure my friend Hendrick (who produces the free World-Wide AI Shipping) will jump in with both feet!  What I'm talking about is animated cranes and trucks at the docks - wouldn't even be the first time this was done for flight sim (it was done with FS9 way back in the day) in some freeware scenery.

If we had animated ports, I bet Amsterdam and Rotterdam would become some of the most popular areas for flight simmers to fly to/out of in regardless of whether one flies GA or commercial aircraft.  Amsterdam is already a very popular airport on VATSIM, which is no suprpise given how terrific the airport scenery is!

Keep in mind that in the meanwhile a lot has changed in Lelystad. The runway is being extended and a new terminal building is under construction. The airport is sceduled to open as a commercial airport in may 2019, but it's already being prepared for that. Might as well redo the entire airport since it doesn't look like the scenery anymore.

If you need someone to take photographs at Lelystad, I might occasionally be available. I live only 20 minutes from the airport. I don't have airside access, but landside is open to everyone. However, I got limited time so don't expect anything on short notice.

I second the demand for Eindhoven, this is my favourite airport and currently the second-busiest airport in the Netherlands. As a fast growing airport it's certainly worth a good scenery. It'll be difficult, but not impossible. I know NL2000 had to blur the ground textures and then sharpen them again before they were allowed to use them, Aerosoft can do the same. Perhaps with a hand-drawn overlay to add some details. In details like buildings and other objects Aerosoft is far better than NL2000.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Considering the unhappy experience at EDDB Brandenburg in doing a detailed product for an airport under development, It would be no surprise if the new terminal and other changes don't make it into the product at release. See Sascha's comment from the Rotterdam thread:

av-233.jpg

Nothing for Lelystad planned in the same scale as for Rotterdam. Just a minor update for Lelystad is planned currently. As far as I can say they only build like additional 5 smallish hangars/office buildings since the scenery was released. And for the low cost terminal it will be too early to do it in 3D. Is there anything in between those plans I'm missing (and or not seeing through online sources)? Bests, Sascha
  •  

Archived