1.0.0.5 crash 1.0.1.1 no controls

I haven't been able to fly the CRJ since prior to 1.0.0.5. At that time, whenever I'd load the CRJ in FSX it would just crash the sim back to desktop. I waited til the next update which is the current 1.0.1.1 and now I can not manipulate anything in the cockpit. I can't turn dave on and non of my controls move the yoke nor can I click on anything in the cockpit. The yoke is in a full left bank. I just can't figure it out. I uninstalled and reinstalled the aircraft but nothing changed. Everything is fine in my other aircraft. Any help would be appreciated. If you need me to post anything please let me know. Thanks ahead of time.

• Aerosoft

There are several possible reasons that can cause the gauge files not to load. First, the best hint that they are not loading is that the yoke is deflected fully left (as in your situation). Now for the possible reasons:

1. If FSX or P3D has been installed to "C:\Program Files" or "C:\Program Files (x86)" (these are the default paths of the FSX/P3D installers but it's still a bad idea to put them there), running FSX/P3D as Administrator should solve the problem.
  2. The CRJ relies on data from "Documents\Aerosoft\Digital Aviation CRJ", so if this folder doesn't exist, the gauge will terminate and unload. This seems to happen every from time to time and is an issue with the CRJ installer. As Mathijs said, probably the best cure is to reinstall the CRJ as Administrator
  3. If the folder is not "C:\Program Files" or "C:\Program Files (x86)" and the "Documents\Aerosoft\Digital Aviation CRJ" folder exists, then it's likely that something else (C++ redistributable files or Simconnect) is missing. In this case I have no idea why that would happen, but I would recommend a reinstall as Administrator as well.

My FSX is in Program Files x86. I started FSX as an admin but no luck. I also checked to make sure I had the aerosoft/digitalaviation crj and I do. I'm at a loss as far as what to do. I could try to download and reinstall simconnect. I'm not sure what to do with any C++ type files/downloads.

I uninstalled, restarted, installed as admin, restarted, loaded a default aircraft, then changed to the CRJ, still the same. Almost ready to give up unfortunately. I really wanted to use this for training/work.

Thanks for replying again. I was really disappointed last night, just in general. I wanted to come back to tell you I got it working. Suggestion number 3 seems to have been what I needed. My Navigraph Manager gave me an error when I tried to start it up and it had something to do with a missing file/C++. I have an all in one C++ installer and reinstalled all of them on my computer. That seems to have worked. I flew it and everything seems fine. I do have one question though...have we not got the advisory VNAV on the MFD working yet? The one that gives a rate of descent to the next waypoint if it's lower.

Archived