PFPX freezes at start

So I kept digging on this. Apparently, it works if I delete the Workspace folder in the registry and do not move the app window to one of my side monitors. I have 3 monitors in my setup. If I keep the app open in my main monitor in the middle, when I close it and restart it, it loads perfectly. If I move it to the left or right monitor, it saves the position in the registry and then freezes the next time I try to open it.

At least I know I can use it on my main middle monitor. The monitors are all identical. Funny enough, the same thing is happening to me with VAT-SPY, where by I need to delete the config file if I move it to another monitor.

Any thoughts or ideas on why this could be happening. I am using an 1080Ti on Nvidia drivers 416.34

Thanks,

Chris Lezama

The Win 10 update seems to be affecting everything. Its quite annoying how many problems are being reported in general with those updates. However, Nvidia released new drivers to address issues related to the win 10 update, so I got the latest ones.

But regardless of those issues, I don't have a problem with any other apps as it relates to my multiple monitors except for PFPX and Vatspy, at least that I have determined so far. For instance, ActiveSky starts up and loads onto my right side monitor with no problems.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Aerosoft

I'm sorry but we have no idea. As it used to work it simply has to be something that changed on your system. Have you considered using older drivers to see if that's might be the cause? I do not have high hopes as we would expect a lot more users to report the issue, but you never know.

I have tried older drivers. I happened after the windows 10 updates that occurred. Not sure how many people have a triple monitor setup or could have this specific problem as a result of the windows update and the triple monitor setup, however it is annoying. I hope there can be a resolution found or some type of support to dive into the issue from the team here.

Chris

I had managed to get it working but only once. Subsequently starting the application just freezes even after removing the Workspace folder.

After multiple attempts and registering my product too many times needing a license unlock I'm not sure if it's Windows updates or Nvidia updates causing issues.

I would happily beta test the new version when it's ready. Otherwise I'll wait for the new version.

Dave

• 5 weeks later...

I installed v 2.03 and I still have a problem if I move PFPX to one of my side monitors. Now, it freezes while trying to draw main screen. Most of the screen is just black. Same resolution to get it to load again on the main center monitor where it works fine.

Chris

• 1 month later...
On 12/11/2018 at 9:16 PM, truthknown9 said:

I installed v 2.03 and I still have a problem if I move PFPX to one of my side monitors. Now, it freezes while trying to draw main screen. Most of the screen is just black. Same resolution to get it to load again on the main center monitor where it works fine.

Chris

Same here, work only in the center monitor.

I can load it on my center monitor and then move it to a different monitor, so long as I move it back to center before closing it. Only problem with doing this however is when a popup window that draws a map view is launched while the app is on the side monitor, it causes the app to freeze as well. So now, I end up doing all my planning on the center monitor, and then moving it over to a side monitor when i'm done for reference if needed.

Not an ideal user experience. I'm getting used to it, but would love a permanent fix to this.

Chris

Archived