New Barcelona P3Dv3 version

jay907uk

Hi Tom,

I am quite disappointed by this it does seem strange your supporting FSX which is older than P3Dv3. Although it's good your still supporting FSX as I do use both. I'll probably have to purchase a different version from another company but thanks for the clarification.

Jason

• Deputy Sheriffs

Jason,

the problem here is simply, that it becomes quite difficult to support 3 different platforms and still get all costs of the company and developer covered. At some point you have to decide to cut ropes. Most (not all) P3Dv3 users have switched over to P3Dv4 in the meantime. There is still a huge number of FSX/FSX:SE users who haven't switched to any P3D version, and this number is higher than the remaining P3Dv3 users. So that's why the decision was taken the way it is. I am sure you will see a decision like this more and more often on the market. Also more drastic decisions to support P3Dv4 only and drop everything else will taken by more than 1-2 companies who have already decided like that.

• Developer

Tom gave you a very good answer.

I only add one point here: P3D V3 is not anymore on sale, is outdated and LM has released a new plattform, now at state V4.1

So, Sim-wings/Aerosoft support with his new release of Bacelona all platforms, which are provide SDK's (Microsoft based on FSX SDK SP2, Davetail Steam Edition based on Mircosoft SDK SP2 and Lockheed Martin based on P3D SDK V4.x)

So all plattform providors are supported on there newest SDKs and plattforms.

When you don't follow the plattform, it is your decision.

Archived