Speed limitation

umut1

I use aerosoft A321 . You all know there is restriction of speed below 10000 feet as 250 knots. But my aircraft can't follow restiction due to high rate of descent. To make it more controlable i want to change this restriction to 240 or 230. How can i set this to mcdu ?

There is a lot that I (and I'm sure Frank, or any other pilot) can say regarding the OPs question.  Ruling out some particular approaches (not typically flown by commercial airliners), this is caused by not planning the descent.  However should you find yourself in such a situation, one of the best courses of action would be to level out, reduce speed, and perform one or more 360 degree turns while descending at a rate that won't increase your speed or will allow you to continue to slow, until you've reached a speed/altitude profile that fits with your approach.  Remember that turning the aircraft will also help you to slow.

Another way is to perform wide S-turns turning your descent, though this will not be as effective as what I mentioned above.   You could also use cross-controls, but depending on your speed this could cause damage to the airframe and control surfaces.

The best option is to plan your descent so that you don't have to do the above.

Best wishes.

A320:

Full speedbrakes with autopilot on (less effective; system logic prevents them from deploying fully with the A/P engaged).

Full speedbrakes with autopilot off (more effective, as now system logic allows them to deploy fully).

A321:

Not really a difference between A/P on and A/P off as far as speedbrake efficiency is concerned.

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, Captain Snowflake said:

A320:

Full speedbrakes with autopilot on (less effective; system logic prevents them from deploying fully with the A/P engaged).

Not many people know that.... But there is one more condition....

Archived