Upload limit

Hello all,

I've been prompted that I've used almost reach my upload limit. And we have barely started the tour!!

How are you all dealing with this when upoading screenshots?

Let me know

Thanks!

Adriano

Most of your beautiful images of the Constellation are in .PNG format. 

If you convert them to .JPG format, they will be physically much smaller and your upload limit will not be so vulnerable. 

Dave Britzius

(Cape Town)

Yes, seeing other users were attaching plenty of images I thought there was no such a limit so I didn't mind about attaching compressed formats... Thanks! I'm glad you liked my screenshots! ;-)

After reading this article I'm now concerned about the limit as well!  I've submitted many JPEG shots, which I know don't take nearly as much space as other formats.  Having said that, I am aware of no way, unless warned, to determine how much space my submissions have taken to this point!  

IT'S PROBABLY NOT TOO HARD TO PROVIDE A "SLIDING SCALE" OR SIMILAR REPRESENTATION OF HOW MUCH OF THE FULL AMOUNT OF ALLOWED PHOTO ENTRIES WE HAVE LEFT.  Or when logging into this "club", a notice of how much allowed space was used & how much was left would really be helpful.

I'm still in India, but being ahead of time, I'm using my time to tour other areas such as Paro Bhutan as well.  And based upon past trips there, Paro and the surrounding areas are great places to take screenies!! However, if I'm near or even close to being near my limit of screenie submissions, I will hugely cut back on my submitted screenies for the rest of the trip. 

The sooner we are all made aware of our current used percentage of the screenie limits, obviously the better and more enjoyable all our diaries will be!

In fact, due to the lack of info on the topic, I'm even scared to add a screenie into this or any other forum piece lest it count against my overall total as well.

Rupert.

On 10/24/2017 at 5:29 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

I added another gig to each account, but do be careful, server space is pretty expensive.

Thanks!

As to being careful, I'm already looking at dropping some shots, especially the RW shots from my diary, should it get too full.

Rupert

Is there a way to delete more than 1 image at the time? I'm happy enough to delete some older images if it helps with server space, but it seems we can't delete them in bulk and doing it 1 at a time is very cumbersome.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hmmm, I dont think so; when I remember correct in one of the previous versions of the forum software it worked. Will have to check if it can be done some how.

• Aerosoft
On 26/10/2017 at 12:25 PM, nealmac said:

Is there a way to delete more than 1 image at the time? I'm happy enough to delete some older images if it helps with server space, but it seems we can't delete them in bulk and doing it 1 at a time is very cumbersome.

We have checked it but so far found nothing. We won;t give up though.

• 1 month later...
On 24.10.2017 at 11:29, Mathijs Kok sagte:

I added another gig to each account, but do be careful, server space is pretty expensive.

Hallo Mathijs,

l have reached my upload limit, I'm on tour from Rock Springs Sweetwater to Medicine Bow... there are many steps back to Europe and I would like to show you my impressions of this very impressive journey.

JosefM

Archived