Checklist Stops When On Vectored Approach

William Grimsley

Hi everyone,

I am using P3D V3.4.

I've looked around but can't find a definite solution to this problem I'm experiencing. When I'm on VATSIM and being directed by ATC, I am given vectors on approach. However, when I fly using these vectors, the checklist stops working, and this means that when I get to the landing stage, the aircraft isn't set up correctly. I had this problem when I had a previous installation of P3D V3.4, but even after a reinstall of that and the Airbus range, this problem still occurs. Does anyone know what could be causing the problem?

Thanks very much in advance,

William

• Deputy Sheriffs

The most likely reason is, that a certain trigger for the next step in the check list has not been reached. 

At any point in time you can sort of "restart" the check list with the "skip item" LSK. This would of course skip the current step, but the next step should start then (as long as it's trigger is also not missed).

Of course this is a temporary fix only. To figure what trigger exactly has been missed it would be necessary to know what the last reached step in the check list was.

Thanks for your quick reply, Tom.

It stopped after I'd initiated descent. I couldn't click anything, and "skip item", didn't appear. All the checklists were greyed out, except the word "DESCENT" which was still green, even until landing.

I also get this often, perhaps 2 in 5 flights.  The Approach checklist just doesn't start, and as William says the "DESCENT" is still in green, with all others greyed out.

A paper copy of the checklists as a backup is always advisable though!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please follow the "Descent" and "Approach" documentation of the step-by-step guide (Vol6-StepbyStep EN.pdf). If you don't miss any of the given steps there, the APPROACH CL becomes available in time. It will be started automatically about 10nm before the DECEL waypoint. Or if you have left the path of the configured flight plan (because you are getting vectored) you can start it manually.

Archived