[Problem solved] PFPX VATSIM Flightplan Prefile with Firefox and NoScript

Hi!

Using Firefox with the NoScript-Add-on I have had problems with PFPX filling the VATSIM flightplan prefile page since a few days. But as already written in the german forum I was able to solve the problem. For those of you who encounter the same problem here is my solution:

First of all you might have noticed the NoScript UI vanishing from Firefox since the last update. To bring it back (you will need it!) please follow the instructions given here.

Thereafter follow this steps:

1. Click on the NoScript-icon => Options …
  2. Tab "Advanced" => 2nd row tab "XSS" => Input field "Anti-XSS Protection Exceptions rules"
  3. Add a new line as following and click OK - prefiling should work again now! ;)

^https?://(www|cert)\.vatsim\.net/fp/(file\.php)?\?1=.*

It should look somehow like this (screenshot from german version):

Please login to display this image.

???

Of course, it is a browser's problem - I knew that already before your answer …

But I solved the problem by myself. So why should I change to another browser? No reason to do that, as I have all my settings, bookmarks and so on in Firefox.

But because it is not my browser's problem (as Firefox does not belong personally to me …) I thought some others might have the same problem, and I thought it could be helpful for others to share my solution.

And I posted it here - assuming it would make less sense to post it in a Firefox- or NoScript-Forum because (maybe I am wrong with this …) most of users with the same problem would look here for a solution.

• Deputy Sheriffs

To be honest, I wouldn't even start thinking of looking around but just ask Google.

It is important to have the problem/solution mentioned somewhere so Google can index and find it. 

Thank you for documenting the problem and it's solution. 

Archived