Nothing to select in the dropdown

raptorman0

Just reinstalled Simstarter hoping this had been fixed but alas no.

When running it asks me to select simulator from the dropdown but there is no dropdown.

Am I doing something wrong, installed to my C drive then as that was no good installed to the drive p3dv4.1 is on.

this used to work really well in p3d

any advise gratefully received

1 hour ago, raptorman0 said:

Just reinstalled Simstarter hoping this had been fixed but alas no.

When running it asks me to select simulator from the dropdown but there is no dropdown.

Am I doing something wrong, installed to my C drive then as that was no good installed to the drive p3dv4.1 is on.

this used to work really well in p3d

any advise gratefully received

Today new update simstarter ng v1603 received. Installed for p3d v4.1  and trying to run program. No selection simulator window, just black space.

any advise gratefully received too :)

45 minutes ago, Capt. PERO said:

Thats strange. Please rename .\data\SIMstarter NG.ini file to .\data\SIMstarter NG.ini.off and restart NG.

thank you for the respons.

oke. not working again. getting window please select platform simstarter ng only black. No p3d v4.1.

I have p3d v4.1 and p3d v3 installed.

I have the same problem after the 1.5 auto update when I launch it asks to "Please select platform" but there is no drop down selections, I have never seen this request at start-up in all the years I have used SimStarter NG.

I then uninstalled version 1.5 and reinstalled the version 1.5.2 which is the latest version at the FlightSim Store, same problem.

I have updated P3Dv4 to version 4.1 using the LM client and content updates could this be an issue. I would have expected after the uninstall and reinstall of SimStarter NG it would have been fixed?

Additionally I used to have P3Dv3 and P3Dv4 installed and recently deleted v3 but SimStarter NG worked fine after the uninstall of P3Dv3 when I only had P3Dv4 the issue came after the SimStarter NG v1.5 update or the P3Dv4.1 client and content update.

Thanks in advance

Joe

1 hour ago, Capt. PERO said:

Can you please post a debug pack? Can you please check if there is a folder .\scheme\platforms\P3Dv4.1\ ?

I looked into my folder and there are folders only up to P3Dv4 nothing after that i.e. P3Dv4.1 doesn't exist.

Also I only see the following in the P3Dv4 folder:

defaultFlight  (folder)

as16.xml

platform.xml

profile.xml

simCfg.xml

simCfgBackupPresets.cfg

I do not see a "debug pack"

Joe

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Joe,

today SIMstarter 1.6 was released which fixes the compatibility issue with P3Dv4.1. It should be available soon in you FlightSimStore account to download.

1 minute ago, Tom A320 said:

Hi Joe,

today SIMstarter 1.6 was released which fixes the compatibility issue with P3Dv4.1. It should be available soon in you FlightSimStore account to download.

Thanks

By soon do you mean an hour or by tomorrow?

Joe

• Deputy Sheriffs

I can't give that answer as that is up to FlightSimStore. The new version has been provided to them in the morning, and I am sure they will not waste any time to get it online. If it doesn't show up tomorrow by noon I would suggest getting in touch with their support.

3 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

I can't give that answer as that is up to FlightSimStore. The new version has been provided to them in the morning, and I am sure they will not waste any time to get it online. If it doesn't show up tomorrow by noon I would suggest getting touch with their support.

Thanks!

Joe

10 hours ago, Capt. PERO said:

Can you please post a debug pack? Can you please check if there is a folder .\scheme\platforms\P3Dv4.1\ ?

yes, there is a folder scheme\p3dv4.1 and a log file included. Tried several times to install but always the same result. Perhaps p3d 4 and p3d 4.1 is a problem?

SIMstarter NG.log

• Deputy Sheriffs

SIMstarter doesn't support P3Dv4 and P3Dv4.1 being installed simultaneously.

It only supports different major versions of a simulator, like having P3Dv3 and P3Dv4 installed simultaneously. 

• Developer
Vor 1 Stunde, Tom A320 sagte:

SIMstarter doesn't support P3Dv4 and P3Dv4.1 being installed simultaneously.

It only supports different major versions of a simulator, like having P3Dv3 and P3Dv4 installed simultaneously. 

Right. And I am sure you will get other complications with other 3rd party software because your registry is pointing to one installation, your C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ contains just one installation and mix up all files.

I hope for your understanding but we can't support this.

I understand that SimStarter only supports v4 or v4.1 so does that mean for those of us that have only updated the Client (v4.1) and not the whole v4.1 update now have a mixed up version and that SimStarter will not work?

Need guidance here please otherwise us users who updated only the Client v.41 have no SimStarter that will work.

Should we be selecting v4 and NOT v4.1 if we only installed the Client.

Help please.

Thanks

• Deputy Sheriffs

No, I also only updated the client from v4 to v4.1 and Simstarter works perfect. The user above seems to have messed up his P3D installation.

BTw I've edited your post , as the abbreviation you used for Simstarter is not welcome. ;)

Apologies for the abbreviation, absolutely no offence meant at all. I forgot about the location of Aerosoft and the sensitivity of that abbreviation. Again, apologies.

I reinstalled v4 Academic in total yesterday after the install problems of SimStarter.I then uninstalled the Client of v4 and installed Client v4.1.

My only problem now is that when i run a profile SimStarter then says the the path to H:\P3Dv4\Prepar 3D.exe Does not exist. The P3D exe is in that directory and I actually click on the exe in the SimStarter Platform Path settings.

So I have a clean install of v4 plus the v4.1 Client.

Any tips on how you got your SimStarter to work

I attach pics of my Simstarter Program Settings and te subsequent error message and would be most obliged if you could offer some insight as to what I may be doing wrong, especially in regard to the error message. Thanks

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

2 hours ago, Capt. PERO said:

Right. And I am sure you will get other complications with other 3rd party software because your registry is pointing to one installation, your C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ contains just one installation and mix up all files.

I hope for your understanding but we can't support this.

thank you for support. my p3d v4.1 and addons are all recent updated and running like never before :) i'm content about that. going to delete version p3d v3. don't need it anymore. v3 always vas and problems, v4 excellent! Than try Simstarter install again. For the moment I don't change my config v4.1 (never change a winning team:) ) 

Thanks for the quick support.

Were you refering to my post Capt Perro?

In my Run Manager it shows as H\P3Dv4.1\PREPAR3D.exe

I then modified the entry to correspond with the entry in the Program Settings and now it works fine.

Thanks for all help.

Archived