P3Dv4 fix all Lightning marks update

wingman5

This file contains the 64bit .dll fixes required for  flight refuelling and fuel transfer on all the Lightning marks .

To keep everything together the 64bit ASC sound .dll is also included as well as the resized .fx effects ( should be good for P3Dv2+ )

P3Dv4 fuel.dll sound.dll and effects fixes.zip

UPDATE 20/12/2018 :-    P3d v4.4 has affected the reheat flame  again, so this new set addresses the problem 

P3dv4.4 reheat.zip

simply extract and replace the existing old files in the main effects folder.

DR

On ‎10‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 12:38 PM, Eskimo john said:

Is this fix in the latest full download versions of the Lightning? Or must I download the aircraft and then apply this?

Hi John

I must admit I'm not sure if the main files were updated .. Christmas got in the way ! It is easy enough DIY . though, as it is only the two files needed for the conversion for P3Dv4 and you just drop them into the panel folders  for the respective marks

DR

• 6 months later...

Is there a reason why this fix hasn't become part of the product yet? I run P3D v4.3 and would love to get my Lightnings running again.

If it doesn't work then is there a road map to get the Lightnings up to P3D v4.x?  

I have the F3, F5 and the F6 products and therefore invested about 75 Euros in all. All of them are listed as P3D v3 compatible and I think P3D v4.x users really deserve to know if these aircraft will be upgraded or if they are to be left behind.

10 hours ago, Eskimo john said:

Is there a reason why this fix hasn't become part of the product yet? I run P3D v4.3 and would love to get my Lightnings running again.

If it doesn't work then is there a road map to get the Lightnings up to P3D v4.x?  

I have the F3, F5 and the F6 products and therefore invested about 75 Euros in all. All of them are listed as P3D v3 compatible and I think P3D v4.x users really deserve to know if these aircraft will be upgraded or if they are to be left behind.

Hi John

What are the problems stopping you running the lightnings  ?

The T5 and F53 were created using P3d v4 and as the F53 is packed with the F6  so there should be no problems there either.  

DR 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply Wingman. You don't mention the F3. Is there a reason for this? 

If these aircraft are indeed P3D v4.x compatible when can we expect a P3D v4.x installer with the patch included? 

20 minutes ago, Eskimo john said:

Thanks for the reply Wingman. You don't mention the F3. Is there a reason for this? 

If these aircraft are indeed P3D v4.x compatible when can we expect a P3D v4.x installer with the patch included? 

Only in that I developed the F3 before I had P3d. It is fully compatible with p3dv4 however,  as are all of the Lightnings if the patch in the first  post in this topic is used .

(  P3d needed different effects settings and textures to FSX, and p3d v4 introduced 64bit dll's  so those needed to be re-written).

As for the aircraft to be repacked with new installers...……….. that's a decision above my pay grade :(.

Cheers

DR

Great, Dave. Now everything works well and the new effects are very nice to see even with the afterburner at different stages.
Thank you for your valuable contribution in this forum.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year,

Fulvio.

• 1 year later...

I had reason to do a complete fresh reinstall of my P3D V4.5 . I'm sure all my versions F6, T5 etc worked fine in my last install, however straight from the latest download package from aerosoft I was disappointed to find that they didn't work, plagued by the well discussed sound issues. Now maybe I was having a senior moment and forgot that I may have applied the fixes referenced in this thread. So my first question is if someone is kind enough to review it is......

1. Do the downloads provided in this thread make the F6 and T5 work in P3D Version 4.5?

Having confused myself enough to raise a support ticket asking for advice to solve my F6 and T5 sound problems, I received a prompt reply from a Tom (Aerosoft Customer Support) simply stating that the F6 AND T5 are not compatible with P3Dv4. This generates another question....

2. Is the F6 and T5 going to be made compatible with P3Dv4 anytime?

Its now 2020 and so they have had a few years to address it, and somewhat disappointing for those who bought the product in good faith believing it was compatible, after all still today the sales page quotes compatability to FSX/FSX SE/P3D* 

Thanks for any advice provided :)

Hi there 

All the lightnings are fully compatible in P3d 4+ including 4.5  if the .dll replacements  available at the top of this post are applied . 

Cheers

Dave R

Archived