Possible to map additional controls?

peter197

Hi,

I have enjoyed the Lightning for a pretty long time, but one of my very small gripes is that there's little, aside from the weapon systems that can be mapped onto the stick.

From what I understand, the only assignments are the following(aside from Tacpack items):

Break chute deploy

Brake Chute Release

Gun Trigger

Certain switches like the following would be great if there were commands associated with them (perhaps LUA in PSUIPC?):

FD/OFF/AP switch on stick

Canopy close

Canopy Lock

Autothrottle

Flt Refuel

Tacan controls

Heading Bug

Heading and Height Switches

SWP cancel

I'd be interested if other people have other ideas of what else there may be, but those are the things that would be great in being able to map onto my stick and throttle. (I know there's an argument saying it's not realistic to have the button on the stick considering the actual pilots had to press those switches, but then again using a mouse to click the switch seems less realistic).

Cheers,

Peter

Hi Peter

The  Keys .XML in the TP folder  holds a whole slew of keyboard shortcuts  At the moment they are utilised mainly by the radar and weapons  but they can be mapped to any operative you want . 

The problem with mapping to a stick is .. there are many different sticks with varying amounts of buttons and switches so its up to the individual to sort it out. Keyboards are pretty universal so I have used what I hope are unused key combos.

A pilot has to learn the cockpit of every aircraft he flies , but  mapping all the systems to your stick  means you learn your stick and not the cockpit layout of the aircraft you are in !  .......... but that's only my opinion.;)

D

I think what I meant was either there would be an lua file where on fsuipc you can map commands to your stick(or keyboard), or alternatively just have key board shortcuts that I can then later map to my stick.

But i'll look at the keys.xml file tomorrow

• 9 months later...

Hi Peter

As its around a year now hopefully your issues have been resolved.

I have just managed to Map the FD/AP Switch using a very simple LUA script with FSUIPC Button Assignments and manual editing of the FSUIPC4.ini

Has some flaws (using mouse and button in same flight conflicts) that could be ironed out with a smarter LUA script but up to now I'm happy.

The idea of mapping Autopilot controls to an MFD, I have seen AP_TRACK in L:Vars.

Chris 

22 hours ago, Blue Diamond said:

Hi Peter

As its around a year now hopefully your issues have been resolved.

I have just managed to Map the FD/AP Switch using a very simple LUA script with FSUIPC Button Assignments and manual editing of the FSUIPC4.ini

Has some flaws (using mouse and button in same flight conflicts) that could be ironed out with a smarter LUA script but up to now I'm happy.

The idea of mapping Autopilot controls to an MFD, I have seen AP_TRACK in L:Vars.

Chris 

Hi Chris 

Not sure if there is a question in your post ?:blink:

Do you want a list of the AP L:VARS ?

DR

Archived