Preview: Aerosoft Twin Otter

No wonder why developers are put off providing an estimate! So much hassle when it's delayed by a day :P

Looking great, the screenshots are absolutely awesome. Can't wait to fly this into Lukla tomorrow!!!

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahhh, that lovely swooshing sound of a timeline passing by :D

- a bit like a fast glider low-pass.

And reading all this fuss... Maybe you should consider putting signs on your products warning people they can cause severe addiction. :lol:

Too late for me. I'm already feeling the pain of withdrawal syndrome. Again, would somebody be so nice and compare the framerate of the Twotter to something I can relate to? That would be really great because and absolute number does not say much, after all every system is different.

I get some 18-20fps on my Super 80 (and in the great C-130X) and about 12-15fps in my Level-D. I also own the great Do-27 but do not fly her much because I get single digit fps most of the time. How does the Twotter compare to those if somebody can draw a comparison?

And one last question. How thick is the manual we have to print?

As you said it's highly depending on your system and therefore not an estimation of what you will get. With a Accel in DX10 preview and most settings in high and very high in a simple load up test in VC view I get:

Default planes: 22

Do27: 20

Twotter (Beta): 30

Beaver: 30

Normally I've locked the fps to 20 so I can't see a difference anyway.

Thorsten

@Francois Dumas: Making fun of the economic decline here ??? :lol:

@Thorsten42: Thank you, that helps alot. I've not flown the Beaver but the comparison with default planes and esp. the Do-27 means a lot to me. So I'm looking forward to the Twotter even more. I'm surprised to see how well the Do-27 performs for you. I must be doing something wrong here with her...

You will earn understanding from me :) All good things come to those who have the patience. I realise that Carnival in Germany is a huge event ( mainly because I was in Germany once when it was on.. GREAT fun! ) So enjoy the festivities and the Twotter will be here when it is here.

As I said, the carnival in germany splits the country in half. The first half loves it, the other hates it - or at least can't undestand it. I prolly count myself to that second half. But I had my fair share of fun yesterday with Superbowl XLII, something no "ordinary" German prolly undestands :D So its just fair that every one gets his fix by whatever seems suitable.

I think I am going to keep this one at 23 euro (about the same in $ if you don't pay EEC VAT). We'll do a small discount if you own Lukla X.

Ugh I don't mean to complain, but I want to bring this up again. Is the download price going to be 23 euros? that is almost 40 USD :x

This thing just became a lot more expensive I guess... :cry:

Ugh I don't mean to complain, but I want to bring this up again. Is the download price going to be 23 euros? that is almost 40 USD :x

This thing just became a lot more expensive I guess... :cry:

Thats the standard pricing for quality addon aircraft these days.

Wothan

The Twotter is not priced high inho. Just take a look at CaptainSim or PMDG. I find the $40 perfectly ok, you get a lot for it. And those €23 mentioned where prolly without VAT, that fits again with the actual price.

IT`S HERE!! Have a look at the shop! Can´t wait to fly this beauty today after work! LUKLA I´m comming! Hmmm... That creates an idea. Maybe I should make a real time ferry flight (many "short" hops) from Canada to LUKLA during the next days / weeks.

Thank you for choosing the Twotter for an Aerosoft Addon! Looks really great! Man, how could I work concentrated today! That´s hard :lol:

Hi there...

I just bought the Twotter and got my serial. But there is no download link whatsoever. It says "download links" and "expires..." but there is no clickable link.

Please help!!!

Edit: Just phoned customer service (very friendly person on the other end by the way). The file has to be replaced and the link will be active "soon". Nobody who buys the Twotter at the moment, will be able to download her. Finally its released and then there is no download. I'm going crazy... :roll:

It seems that the link is removed at the moment. It has been there and showed a price of €27,95.-

I think it shouldn´t last too long until it´ll be back! So I can work concentrated a little bit longer! My boss will apreciate that :lol:

What? Oh great, man I must be lucky. I bought the download version and the link was there. There must be some stuff going on at the HQ. As it stands, my credit card got charged and I got nothing.

You better fix that quick. :evil:

And before people start jumping at me again and throw accusations into the room. I don't complain about a plane that I'd like to buy. Merely about one that I already have bought (at 09:33 this morning) and cannot download....

72745proof.jpg

That is like getting into the supermarket wanting to buy some bread. Your told "pay first and get your bread the third door on the right". You do so just to discover there is no third door to the right. :lol:

It was removed until they correct the problem. There was an incorrect file loaded it seems and a couple of minor issues.

I suggest you give them 24 hours and everything should be fine by then.

I don't think so. They have charged my card already, I have every right to demand the product I paid for, havent I. I hope they fix it fast or I need to have a word with my bank getting the charge back. Don't misunderstand that. I'm not angry, merely baffled that I got sold a product that is (at the moment) nonexistent.

I do not normally say things like this but,

Get over it already. If you are that flippin impaitent that you can't wait 24 hours then maybe you need a new hobby, or a totally new attitude. Or maybe you just need to grow up.

And don't bother replying to me because I'm not going to be reading this thread anymore. You've sucked all the fun out of it.

Sorry Mathjis.

Man, private-cowboy, get over it already, Aerosoft is a honourable company, they would not stuff ya up mate. Relax, come have a sip of XXXX down under and chill :)