Preview: Aerosoft Twin Otter

Help!!

It's 10.07 here in Germany, and no Twotter! Where is it????

I neeeeeeeed it! NOW!

But joking apart: When will it be online? Matijs, pull your finger out :-)

Edit: Just seen the bit about 16.00 ZULU (Remind myself to wake up properly before posting anywhere :-)) Like, that would be 17.00 Central European Time? Does that still stand?

Regards

Grahame

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aerosoft

Ahum... I forgot something. The peeps at Aerosoft HQ close ar 12:30 today because of Carnaval. And as I I am waiting for the last results of the tests that will not come in before 14:00 we'll have to move to tomorrow morning.

Sorry. I do not work from our HQ and often am the last to realize things like this.

Great, now there is a delay because of that crazy stuff going on. This is by far the worst reason for a delay I can imagine. I had my hopes up hight but this is to much...

What does tuesday morning actually mean? 7am? Noon?? 4 Zulu??? Don't get me wrong, I was waiting for the Twotter ever since it was announced here and now I even took two days off work (not for the Twotter alone but for SB XLII) and thought I finally could welcome the Twotter in my hangar. And then you have to read that the world stops turning because of Carneval??? And the german Carneval isn't even funny (like south american ones). It's just a bunch of old retards making themselfes ridiculous. And the entire company HQ closes for such a thing? And leaves customers hanging in the air???

Sorry, you're not gonna earn much understanding from me.

Good to see that this wonderful plane is on short final and just had to make a touch and go before the final landing tomorrow. Looks great! I can´t wait to fly this beauty and think I´ll stop working tomorrow a little bit earlier!

Cowboy, I think your statement isn´t really helpful. It just leads to statements like Hans Hartmanns slogan: "it´s done when it´s done!" And you won´t get releasedates anymore. One day isn´t really a big delay isn´t it? If you can´t live with one day delay, just saddle your horse and ride to the next town :wink: :lol: just kidding!

Oh Mathijs, will there be a new Maldivian scenery for FSX in the near future too? Or something like your new missionpack? Lukla is fine but I think next to it I´d like to have some more stuff for my "tomorrow arriving Twotter". :wink:

It's just a bunch of old retards making themselfes ridiculous.

Sorry, you're not gonna earn much understanding from me.

And with exclamations like that, I doubt you're going to recieve much understanding from others, despite the obvious distress caused by a product that's overdue by one day!

That's not really the point. The carneval is not public holiday (as far as I know) and other companies don't cease to function either. Having fun (even if its questionable ... I guess german carneval is either hated or loved) should not get in the way of business like it does here.

I admit my first reaction was a bit over the top and won't change or help anything. But when you're so eagerly waiting for the Twotter and look to that day (monday as it was told) and then you see something like ... well you know what ... getting in the way it's kinda frustrating. I think that is hard to understand for someone who's already enjoying the Twotter. :twisted:

• Aerosoft
That's not really the point. The carneval is not public holiday (as far as I know) and other companies don't cease to function either. Having fun (even if its questionable ... I guess german carneval is either hated or loved) should not get in the way of business like it does here.

I think we can decide when our staff is free, we really value our customers and the delay is absolutely my mistake. The moment you buy Aerosoft or own the majority of our stock we'll listen to your suggestion on our office hours.

I think that is hard to understand for someone who's already enjoying the Twotter. :twisted:

Having been around the FS industry for a number of years now, with many companies release dates put back so many times, I never expect a release until it's been released. Frustrating? Yes! The cause of me throwing my dummy out of my pram, no. Caustic reply? Yes.

Nick wanders off to see if his order has been processed for the DO-27 "X" yet? 8)

Mathijs,

Thanks for keeping us up-to-date. I'm always afraid that we become our own worst enemies when it comes to release date announcements which directly leads to why most company's won't tell us more than "it's done when it's done."

Your honesty and help here is very much appreciated.

I look forward to this aircraft and will be purchasing it whenever it's ready.

Thanks again.

Ron

Mathijs,

Thanks for keeping us up-to-date. I'm always afraid that we become our own worst enemies when it comes to release date announcements which directly leads to why most company's won't tell us more than "it's done when it's done."

Thanks again.

Ron

+1

AWF

Let me get a few points straight...

1.) I'm a bit hot blooded sometimes.

2.) I really REALLY appreciate the work Mathijs is doing here. I never said anything else.

3.) I also appreciate the fact, that we got a date to look forward to. Even if there is a delay this is worth more to me than "when its done".

4.) I'll buy the Twotter because of what I've seen and heard about it and because I really want a good Twotter.

5.) I cannot understand some bizarre rituals that take place in civilized countries and how they affect people.

That said, I'm looking forward to tuesday morning when we can (hopefully) buy and fly the Twotter.

Best regards...

In some areas it is :shock: :D well, sort of ^^

No problem with that... carneval is only one time a year and it is short enough :oops:

let the people have fun today and from tomorrow on it is your turn with having fun with the Twotter.

Mathijs,

Thanks again.

Ron

+2

"it's done when it's done" is really a stupid comment ... everyone can make an educated guess ... and since it's just a guess, there shouldn't be a problem if there's a delay ... :D

The first prognosis was Feb 1st, with the weekend it's now only a 2 day delay, methinks this is a very good guess! :D

• Aerosoft
Private-Cowboy is also a pirate and has been banned from SOH,

Yes, but there a few more people who are banned elsewhere and are welcome here. We run a forum the way we think it should be done (just as SOH does of course) and clearly my ideas on how that should be done allows for more freedom than on other forums.

There are only two things that will get you banned immediately, make fun of the lack of linguistic ability (for most people English is not their first language and I'll be damned if people feel restricted because they are afraid to make mistakes. The second one is the standard one... religion, race etc. Note that we don't immediately ban people on personal 'discussions'. If people go too far we will let them know, but discussions get personal all the time.

So your posts telling that Cowboy was banned elsewhere could be interpreted as a personal comment on Cowboy, but it's welcome on this forum.

Hi folks,

wouldn't it be nice if we all could calm down a bit? We are waiting for an Flightsimulator Addon and not for the end of the world (even if I have to admit that I've flown it already and it's great :-D ). It doesn't help us to overreact a little bit hot blooded or post some accusation on someone else here in the forum, ok?

And FSXFAN, please edit/delete your post, even if it could be or is a fact (what I'm not willing to check or comment) it should not be part of an official support forum of Aerosoft at all.

Just my opinion...

Thorsten

Btw. I'm living on the Axis Of Evil just in the middle between Cologne and Düsseldorf

And FSXFAN, please edit/delete your post, even if it could be or is a fact (what I'm not willing to check or comment) it should not be part of an official support forum of Aerosoft at all.

you mean to tell me, that all this time i have been working behind the scenes helping developers fight piracy and your all for it? and Aerosoft doesnt care?

dam this news to me,

i have plenty of data to back up my comments above , so dont sit here and tell me im just pointing fingers because of hear say.

I think this should have been pointed out givin the way this individual was acting and fronting in front of everyone.

Hi FSXFAN,

errr... I think Mathijs gave the official answer and we should stop it here. I'm completely with you and my comment was not speaking for or in the name of aerosoft it was

[...]

Just my opinion...

[...]

not to accuse someone of something here in the forum. So not another hotblooded reaction, please. That was not my intention.

Peace?

• Aerosoft

you mean to tell me, that all this time i have been working behind the scenes helping developers fight piracy and your all for it? and Aerosoft doesnt care?

dam this news to me,

i have plenty of data to back up my comments above , so dont sit here and tell me im just pointing fingers because of hear say.

I think this should have been pointed out givin the way this individual was acting and fronting in front of everyone.

Well you read by now that I don't see a problem. And although I respect Thorsten (the lord of the Evil part of Germany) highly, it's me who decides, lol.

Now to get you back to the Twotter, here is the product page with some more info. Don't go clicking on buy buttons a the only one active right now is the boxed pre-order option. The download option (a bit cheaper and a lot faster) will be activated tomorrow morning (our time). http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/re/ibosh...gi?showd,,10607

Excuse me? I've never been a member of SOH. I'm also no member of a lot of forums. I tried to register on some just to see me usual nick was already taken. As you might know "Private-Cowboy" is a film reference and might not only appeal to me. Even on things like Xbox Live I was not able to chose that nick because it was already taken. I was not creative enough to chose something different when I was first looking for a nick and I stuck with what I've chosen ever since. Should I get a different name in real life too just because it might be misused elsewhere?

Besides may I add one more thing. "Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone." I will not deny that I had a few copies of addons that I've not bought. But I decided to concentrate on a few very good ones and really master them, bought them (even if I already "had" them) and deleted the rest - quality over quantity so to speak, and quality worth paying for. My FSX installation today contains NO illegal copies of an addon whatsoever - I only own 5 addon planes (if I count the Twotter I'll get when I'm allowed to). And I intend to keep it that way. And again, I (personally) was never a member of SOH because I get my FSX fix elsewhere.

But that is not the point here anyway. It's about flight sim as a hobby and the wonderful Twotter. I'll gladly post you my proof of purchase when I bought here if it makes you happy.

I apologize if I was rude in my first reactions. I did not meant it that way. I was just frustrated and sad. But now, "tomorrow" is nearly here. Maybe we should focus on the Twotter again.