Preview: Aerosoft Twin Otter

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep in mind that FS and skis is not a very good combination.

But thats what makes it more challenging! on a side note, is there a ski and wheel model like the British Antarctic Survey twotters? (maybe i overlooked it...there is a lot in this thread)

This might have been already answered, but will the Twin Otter be available as boxed version? If yes, will the boxed version be available shortly after the download version or will they be released at the same time?

The aircraft looks awsome, great work Aerosoft!

This might have been already answered, but will the Twin Otter be available as boxed version? If yes, will the boxed version be available shortly after the download version or will they be released at the same time?

The aircraft looks awsome, great work Aerosoft!

Could be up to a month and up to 5 Euro. And normally we have some updates that are done in the production period, so to get the last models you might need to download something. In this aircraft the gauges are almost all included in the MDL's (the 3d models) so any update would mean large downloads.

I am not fully sure we have decided to do this one boxed btw. Could very well be, depends a bit on how the major distributors react.

• Aerosoft
mathjis,

so i hear that there wont be a wheeled floater? and i guess there wont be a "Tundra" version either right? :(

Although they do exist those version are rather rare. We decided not to to amphibs rather early as the floats are so heavy and draggy they do reduce the useful load so much it is hard to make money with them. The Twotter is an airliner in origin, not like the Beaver that is used for a lot more. Tundra tires are even more rare than amphibs and as they are not type certificated we were not able to find any serious information on how it would affect flight characteristics. If we ever get that information it would not be too hard to do it of course. But keep in mind that the Twotter already has a VERY low ground load with it's standard tires. They are wide and low pressure. That's why the Twotter is the ONLY aircraft in the world to have a scheduled flight to a runway that is just a beach on some British island.

But even a 30 minute Google search did not get me any good images on how what tundra tires are installed and how the nose gear is adapted to it. Only 3 images, all small, no brands, no pressures etc.

It has been decided to deliver this aircraft in boxed format as well. Online release is planned for Feb 4th, boxed will be near the end of that month, but can be preordered at this moment.

That is a really Good news Mathijs :D

Thx for keeping us informed.

Ben.

maybe Mathjis knows it better but in release dates they say for boxed version: Ger, Engl, 28. Mar. 2008 euro29,99

• Aerosoft

maybe Mathjis knows it better but in release dates they say for boxed version: Ger, Engl, 28. Mar. 2008 euro29,99

Tjeee even our own boxed department does not believe my release dates anymore, lol. I think that can be pulled forward but I don't control their schedule. Will ask and report.

My preorder on the Piper Cherokee box was pushed back to the end of February along with my preorder of the boxed Venice. So I preordered the Twinotter as well which is also, maybe, going to be available at the end of February. I've got a lot of good stuff to look forward to. I did, however, buy the DL of Lukla last weekend and it is truly amazing, but I'll post abot that in the scenery discussion.

Hm it's almost here. Will be great to fly this one into St Barths, Lukla, Saba, Courchevel etc.etc.etc! :D

These are some of my favourite destinations too and just perfect for the Twotter. Are you using any scenery add-ons for these?

24 hours to go ... :D

Here it is... 3 minutes past Monday morning SOMEWHERE and no twotter online yet... :lol:

Some people got a lot of nerve sleeping at a time like this... :P :roll: