Preview: Aerosoft Twin Otter

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thx many times Nick for all those excellent shots and clarifications.

The VC looks as good as the whole product, outstanding :shock:

Maybe could I ask another question, there will be different VC? I mean could it be one old(with rusty textures) and one modern(so clean textures) by instance? Probably not, just dreaming lol

Thx again

Ben.

Wow!!! An autopilot on an Otter!!! :shock:

Seriously, though, that panel looks just great and has simple stuff in it as an Otter should. These are working airplanes and extra avionics adds weight and that costs an operator money in lost revenue.

I never flew one in for real with either an autopilot or a flight director. :wink:

Thanks for the screens, Nick. Looking forward to the plane. Hope somebody will do Samoa Air colors for me. :D

cheers,

steve :)

No problems Steve and I expect there will be a wealth of repaints for this bird being created following it's release. I already know there are several talented repainters who are playing with the paintkit.

aero_twotter_35.jpg

Wow, thanks Nick. Looking great - thanks for taking the trouble. Is the screenie showing full cockpit lighting i.e. instruments plus dome light (if there is such a thing in a twotter!)? Is there a darker set-up where it's really only the instruments that are lit as opposed to the whole panel area? Cheers, PPanPan

• Aerosoft
Thx many times Nick for all those excellent shots and clarifications.

The VC looks as good as the whole product, outstanding :shock:

Maybe could I ask another question, there will be different VC? I mean could it be one old(with rusty textures) and one modern(so clean textures) by instance? Probably not, just dreaming lol

Thx again

Ben.

Hey Ben,

There will be one VC only, but there will be two versions, one with the original radio set and one with a more modern set. This will have fully modeled Bendix/King nav/com set (so not like the very simple default ones) and a very good modeling of a Bendix/King KLN90B TSO GPS navigation system.

Nick will make a few images of that one as well.

• Aerosoft
Release date estimate?

thanks! :D

Okay, I'm going to be stupid and post a date. Friday 1st feb. That's my plan and so far all seems to work well for that. But it is tight and even a small issue could move it a few days.

Hell... the fact the weather is so nice this weekend set me back at least half a day. Had to get the hobby car out of the garage and see if it still works after 2 months of rest.

• Aerosoft
Wow!!! An autopilot on an Otter!!! :shock:

DeHaviland offered a AP as optional for all models of the Twotter, but as it was real 1970 stuff and hard to use it was replaced by more modern (yet still simple) systems on many airframes.

We used the one used in the Maule, but decided to put it a bit out of the view, so it will be easy to ignore. As it is also one of the few gauges that are not in the MDL it can be removed as well very easy.

Wow, thanks Nick. Looking great - thanks for taking the trouble. Is the screenie showing full cockpit lighting i.e. instruments plus dome light (if there is such a thing in a twotter!)? Is there a darker set-up where it's really only the instruments that are lit as opposed to the whole panel area? Cheers, PPanPan

The dome and panel lights were on in the previous pictures of mine, the shots below are with the dome light turned off.

aero_twotter_38.jpg

aero_twotter_39.jpg

I think that it may not have been a dome light turned on in the earlier pictures, I think I was flying at dawn, hence a slightly brighter cabin but only the panel lights turned on.

Here are a couple more shots showing the GPS unit in a little more detail.

aero_twotter_40.jpg

aero_twotter_41.jpg

• Aerosoft
I think that it may not have been a dome light turned on in the earlier pictures, I think I was flying at dawn, hence a slightly brighter cabin but only the panel lights turned on.

Here are a couple more shots showing the GPS unit in a little more detail.

aero_twotter_40.jpg

aero_twotter_41.jpg

and yes, I know the comnav sets are too wide, one of the issues we still need to change. Nice shots Nick, as always

Okay, I'm going to be stupid and post a date. Friday 1st feb. That's my plan and so far all seems to work well for that. But it is tight and even a small issue could move it a few days.

Thanks, boss! Good to hear something other than "when it's done". Good to have an estimate, and in case there's a delay, there'll probably be a reason for it ... :D

This'll be another sure buy for me! Love that plane and the screens make it seem like highly professional work!

Request :

Would it be possible to include one version that is a little "dirty" / "weathered" ? A few scratches, color coming off, some rust ...

All of Aerosoft's planes are great models, but they are all "new", if you take my meaning ...

Thanks! :)

As it's nearing completion : Does it include such a paint?

Would be nice :D

Thanks!

DeHaviland offered a AP as optional for all models of the Twotter, but as it was real 1970 stuff and hard to use it was replaced by more modern (yet still simple) systems on many airframes.

We used the one used in the Maule, but decided to put it a bit out of the view, so it will be easy to ignore. As it is also one of the few gauges that are not in the MDL it can be removed as well very easy.

Applaud you guys for trying to keep it the way most of them really are. I realize many always want to see the latest and greatest avionics in whatever they fly, but doing it the way you are with two versions sure keeps guys like me happy. :) Particularly on airplanes I've flown in RL, like this one, it's so much more immersive to fly with period or more simple radio packages. It's also more of a challenge to do your navigation with VOR and ADF, too. :shock:

Great job and really looking forward to it.

cheers,