Bergen jetway tool and SODE folder

WebMaximus

I'm trying to point the Bergen Jetway tool to the correct SODE folder and if I'm not mistaken that would be the one found at C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE but it won't accept it.

I don't get any error message, it's more like nothing happens when I press OK in the browse dialogue.

Tried that but picking this folder does say it's the wrong one in yellow text. I'm also told to consult the documentation and the chapter about SODE but that chapter doesn't exist...

Another thing I noticed during the installation was how SODE insisting on being installed even when the same version of SODE was already installed. Normally you would simply be informed the same or a later version of SODE is already installed and then the SODE installation will be skipped.

I don't know but I think the installation routine for this title as well as the documentation could use some work.

I would recommend doing a reinstall, you can just delete the folders for SODE and try to reinstall. If it isn't recognizing the current install, I am guessing there is an issue somewhere. 

I also can't remember because I am not in front of my Sim Computer, but I think the SODE main page is looking for the FSX/P3D main folders, not the SODE main folder. 

I will take a look tonight an get back on and tell you what I find, but I swear by SODE and won't buy a scenery without it. Once you figure it out it is super easy to use and tweak to your own liking. 

Thanks for trying to help!

However it seems SODE is working at Bergen although I got no confirmation that the path was set correctly in the user interface. If you compare to the jetway tool for Oslo for example the path will show up in green text indicating all is good. Nothing like that in the jetway tool for Bergen. Apparently it does at least tell you if you pick the wrong path as mentioned in an earlier post. And for anyone else wondering the correct path is as mentioned above C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE and nothing else.

So to sum things up - SODE now seems to be working OK with moving jetways and although I don't share your enthusiasm over SODE since I think CTRL-J jetways work just as fine without all the fuss SODE often brings to the table, in this particular situation SODE is not to be blamed. Rather how the jetway tool for Bergen was developed as well as the installation routine for SODE not checking if you already have a good to go version of SODE installed.

In other words, some room for improvement for the jetway tool and the installation routine. Also it would of course make sense to include the SODE section in the documentation that the jetway tool refers to.

Archived