Mathijs Kok

Köln/Bonn airport - released

15 hours ago, RIM&Company said:

Wow, wonderful project. Will cologne town also be included? Hope so.

I would not expect it. Products with expanded scenic areas (adjacent towns) usually have an "Approaching" in the title, such as the new "Approaching Dortmund."

Hi, the total coverage area of the scenery hasn't been decided yet, I'll post some info later next week when I know for sure.

EDDK_gif_012.gif

EDDK_053_4K.jpg

Thank you for taking the time to give us an insight into your development process Jo. This project is looking very impressive to date. Well done.

Thanks Jon!

Found the time to take some screenshots of the surrounding area, as it is now the photoscenery covers approximately 1000 sq km.

EDDK_054_4K.jpg

EDDK_055_4K.jpg

EDDK_056_4K.jpg

10 hours ago, Yolo Swaggins said:

@Jo Erlend Is the scenery still planned for FSX?

Where do you find the announcement, that's has been planned for FSX?

According to Mathijs' post here, it's seems quite uncertain, that an FSX version is planned. Simply because the detail level is beyond the scope of FSX's memory capacity. 

I guess the only one, who can definitively answer that, is @Jo Erlend 

On 9.10.2017 at 5:28 PM, Jo Erlend said:

Versions for P3Dv3 and FSX is also definitely planned! The difference in features between the platforms is not certain at the moment, but hopefully it should be doable without too much downgrading compared to P3Dv4.

What was announced earlier still stands, keep in mind that due to the limitations of FSX and P3Dv3 the scenery will have to be reworked quite a bit for those platforms. The P3Dv4 version will be finished first, then versions for the other platforms will follow later.

Do you guys think this airport will be ready available this year? It is one of the most anticipated scenery products for me this year, finally EDDK, and even better, a top class one!

This looks absolutely superb.   This is next level awesome (a word I generally hate)..

Hello, everyone,
as far as I know, only the implementation of the Airport and the immediate Surroundings is planned so far.
The Pictures Jo posted look very much like ORBX EU Germany South to me.

The Airport will be FANTASTIC and very detailed, that's for sure.
So wait and see.

Greetings, Pat

1 hour ago, GWI-Berlin said:

as far as I know, only the implementation of the Airport and the immediate Surroundings is planned so far.

Well - the quote from Jo below, points to the contrary. :huh:

On 4/30/2018 at 4:17 PM, Jo Erlend said:

Found the time to take some screenshots of the surrounding area, as it is now the photoscenery covers approximately 1000 sq km.

At least that's how I'm reading it...

4 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

Well - the quote from Jo below, points to the contrary. :huh:

At least that's how I'm reading it...

Exactly this is how I am reading it too.

On 1.5.2018 at 8:26 PM, kityatyi1 said:

Do you guys think this airport will be ready available this year? It is one of the most anticipated scenery products for me this year, finally EDDK, and even better, a top class one!

Yes, Jo is a very efficient developer and does not just deliver excellent looking and performing addons, but he also complets them pretty fast for the level of detail he delivers!

7 hours ago, GWI-Berlin said:

Hello, everyone,
The Pictures Jo posted look very much like ORBX EU Germany South to me.

The Airport will be FANTASTIC and very detailed, that's for sure.
So wait and see.

Greetings, Pat

This is an interesting comment which I actually thought about for a few minutes.

First things firsts: Of course the screenshots are from our scenery, this is not an ORBX preview forums ;)

BUT: It shows us how incredibly good the scenery that is available nowadays has become. For somebody who does not know the area and did not do frequent real life flying there it actualy becomes quite hard to make a difference between the what-could-be scenery ORBX mostly releasd (except for their most recent Netherlands release) and what it actually looks like.

Looking at it from high altitude the ORBX scenery (and of course also some other developers sceneries!) indeed looks as close as it can get without going completly photoreal.

Personally I always felt that when going close up like in a takeoff or approach photoreal is the best solution then however.

And judging from Jo's screenshots above and his past projects he will deliver an excellent close up area!

vor 8 Stunden , Emanuel Hagen sagte:

Yes, Jo is a very efficient developer and does not just deliver excellent looking and performing addons, but he also complets them pretty fast for the level of detail he delivers!

This is an interesting comment which I actually thought about for a few minutes.

First things firsts: Of course the screenshots are from our scenery, this is not an ORBX preview forums ;)

BUT: It shows us how incredibly good the scenery that is available nowadays has become. For somebody who does not know the area and did not do frequent real life flying there it actualy becomes quite hard to make a difference between the what-could-be scenery ORBX mostly releasd (except for their most recent Netherlands release) and what it actually looks like.

Looking at it from high altitude the ORBX scenery (and of course also some other developers sceneries!) indeed looks as close as it can get without going completly photoreal.

Personally I always felt that when going close up like in a takeoff or approach photoreal is the best solution then however.

And judging from Jo's screenshots above and his past projects he will deliver an excellent close up area!

Hello, Emanuel,
you are right it is a photo wallpaper from YOU !!!
I'm sorry I suspected otherwise.

I only noticed the old Cologne trade fair halls in Deutz, which were just as wrongly arranged.
Which are in fact just as wrongly aligned as ORBX.

I'm really looking forward to Jo's Scenery!
And I didn't want to start a discussion here in any way.

I don't see it that way, though.
Photo wallpapers work very well from the distance however (let's take TXL) then they become blurred the closer you get and unfortunately don't fit well into the rest of the scenery and work easily like a foreign body. (this only refers to TXL, because I haven't flown Cologne in Jo's version yet.

You are also right that at "The Nederlands" much more exact data was implemented than at EU Germany South. But maybe you will soon find a nicer and poorer frame rate solution.

Let's let this really great airport go on our records for now.

with kind regards,
Patrick

22 hours ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

In January I flew on Eurowings from MAN to BUD via CGN and I immediately fell in love with the airport and its surroundings. I even purchased a Gold status on FlightRadar24 so I can look back many flights and also analyse my flight's path in order to be able to faithfully recreate it one day in the simulator. Coming from MAN, based on Flightradar24 and online real world flight plans, I guess we landed via the NVO32 RNAV transition. Whatever the arrival was called, it offered some really cool views on Bonn and the Rhine, and some lovely hills once overflying the river and turning towards RWY 32R. I also loved the airport itself, really clean and elegant, prefer it anytime over any UK airports. Long story short, I am totally excited about this scenery. Beyond the fact that it's busy with all those Eurowings flights, it is also gonna be a great addition to any cargo geek since both FEDEX and UPS heavily use the airport. 

On 29.4.2018 at 05:26, Jo Erlend sagte:

Hi, the total coverage area of the scenery hasn't been decided yet, I'll post some info later next week when I know for sure.

EDDK_gif_012.gif

EDDK_053_4K.jpg

That looks awesome :D 

On 15.4.2018 at 17:49, Jo Erlend sagte:

A few more work in progress screenshots,

[...]

EDDK_051_4K.jpg

[...]

Please note that the AFCAD is wrong for example Ryanair only park at Terminal 2

7 minutes ago, tobij said:

Please note that the AFCAD are wrong for example Ryanair only park at Terminal 2

If you refer only to one screenshot there is not need to quote all the others as well. For the purpose of readability I have removed all the other screenshots from your post.