Mathijs Kok

Köln/Bonn airport - released

Just a small update showing the details on the flood lights, I'll post some screenshots of the terminal area soon when it's more complete.

EDDK_gif_006.gif

EDDK_025_4K.jpg

Wow. I just can´t wait until this scenery is out. Finally flights to Köln/Bonn. I´ve waited for that for such a long time. An airport which will heavily expand my network.

I actually went to EDDK today, awesome airport for spotting, because it is very open and accessible. Cant wait to try it in the sim. ^_^

Going to be one of my favorite airports.I can only imagine how great it is going to be to fly the AS 330 at AS EDDK one day :wub:

On 1/21/2018 at 7:41 PM, Jo Erlend said:

Just a small update showing the details on the flood lights, I'll post some screenshots of the terminal area soon when it's more complete.

Superb.

A great way to show people that these days making an objects is a lot more thAn a simple model and slapping a texture on it.  To make sure it behaves correctly in the modern lighting options we now have there is a massive amount of steps that have to be done.

year it is complex both to get the right details in the objects by texture, especially the work needed to support the FSX lighting and the P3D of cause some edits in material but extra work. Also the main 3d model has to be well optimised by intelligent shortcuts, as my ex. show this 3d model from the weekend would never be a good object for simulator as even it is build up like in reality by details, but to heavy even in the 3d model program. So there is much thinking in bringing down the impact and still have a real look. But by the look at the lighting in the pictures it look different even same object. To complete the story the pictures is a mix taken over development but compare the firs that is from the 3d program and it looks fine but the last could be the final look in the simulator. Of cause when working you might use some parameters to compensate so it looks a bit closer to the sim in the 3d program. like in the graphical world where you got standards for the program to give a simulation of how it would look by print.        

house building.gif

It is a rough gif animation but is just to illustrate how different it even can look in the 3d program. 

The pictures look so good i think this addon will be better than the new 320.

Going to be my new hub airport 

How far is development?

Can we see any pictures of the surrounding airport area soon?

And when can i finally get my hands on this ? :wub:

I would be interested if the military apron (Flugbereitschaft of the Ministry of Defence is stationed there) is included in this particular addon. Thank you!

Wow, this is gonna be a hit! Initially I was planning to operate the AS Airbus narrow body to/from EDDK (once both are out) but knowing it's also a massive cargo hub, I can already see with my mind's eye a UPS 747 freighter coming into land in UPS colours. A great airport for sure, can't wait, gonna be a release day purchase!

On 1/25/2018 at 12:41 PM, Jo Erlend said:

And a few more...

Hello Jo,

would you be willing to share a few more screen shots? It looks great so far.

Peter

On 16.3.2018 at 11:46 AM, qqwertzde said:

would you be willing to share a few more screen shots?

Sure thing! I'll post some more when I've finished up the details around the terminal area.

EDDK_031_4K.jpg

EDDK_030_4K.jpg

I am not sure how you are doing this Jo, but even though I have the current Aerosoft scenery for this airport, I can't wait until we can fly to this one :)

Great work, I am very much looking forward to it.

Peter

16 hours ago, Jo Erlend said:

Sure thing! I'll post some more when I've finished up the details around the terminal area.

EDDK_031_4K.jpg

EDDK_030_4K.jpg

How come, you're still able to pull rabbits out of that hat, Jo? :o

Looking so great. I hope it'll be out soon ;)

Jo would it be somehow possible to give us a little insight into the things that still need to be done ? Would love to know that. Would understand if you wouldn't want to share it though 

From what I've seen so far, it looks incredible. Even better than FlyTampa's addons. 

Definitely a day-one buy for me! :wub: