Mathijs Kok

Köln/Bonn airport - released

On 9/24/2018 at 4:37 PM, Ifikratis said:

Mathijs this torturing is kind of evil :)  The level of detail and realism that Jo has achieved in this project is without doubt the definition of a new level in flight sim scenery. I really can't wait to get this! :) 

I agree! Just when I'm trying to break away from Prepar3D and use X-Plane only, along comes this masterpiece and the PMDG 747-8. You're not making it easy for me! 

vor 1 minute, Jude sagte:

I agree! Just when I'm trying to break away from Prepar3D and use X-Plane only, along comes this masterpiece and the PMDG 747-8. You're not making it easy for me! 

Dont you worry, Köln/Bonn will come to XPlane too :)

Jo, it really looks amazing! I really do appreciate your hard work and can't wait to take my company (EWG) to a scenery worth of flight simulation!

Just a little question. I'm working at EDDK as a ramp agent and i noticed that gates like B26 for example doesn't have broken lines like in real life. I think it's to late to change it but I just wanted to allusion to that.

Any exciting news pics or videos ? 

Can’t wait to fly out of my home airport :) really amazing job from you Jo. Just flow there out 2 days ago in real to LHR. 

In the 4th picture in the background is a passenger at the escelator. Do passengers actually come from the escelator up?

11 hours ago, MaxZ said:

In the 4th picture in the background is a passenger at the escelator. Do passengers actually come from the escelator up?

Anybody who has ever said that flight sim fans are 100 percent absurdly hyper critical...  is completely correct.

also, you misspelled escalator, twice

vor 22 Minuten, ShawnG sagte:

Anybody who has ever said that flight sim fans are 100 percent absurdly hyper critical...  is completely correct.

It was just a question not criticsm. And I‘m sorry that my english is not perfect because I‘m from Germany.

59 minutes ago, ShawnG said:

Shawn, anyone is welcome in this forum, regardless of his english skills.

I wasn't being demeaning of anyone's English skills, or dismissive of anyone's national origin or native language, heck 40 percent of my own countrymen would probably misspell that word, and probably worse, were it not for spellcheck, and most would probably ignore that, too.  I was merely responding to what looked, and to be quite honest still looks like someone who was being way too analytical on what was an inside the terminal shot of a flight simulator addon.  Even if it was just a question, it seems odd to expect that a screenshot of an airport terminal in a flightsim scenery should give accurate airport passenger flow information. 

But maybe that's just me, maybe I've read too many "rivet counter" posts in the past, maybe I'm tired of brilliant work being derided by the masses, and maybe I'm just tired, and in a bad mood.  It could be that max is innocent, and if so, I apologize.  In any case, the spelling jab was probably petty and unnecessary, but I did mean it just as a counter example of critique, and not to denigrate anyone who is using a language of which they are not a native speaker.

13 hours ago, MaxZ said:

Hi, right now the passengers doesn't move between the floors via the escalator or stairs. I'll have to admit it would look cool since you can see the escalators quite clearly when parked at the stands. I'll see what can be done after I've finished up the critical stuff that's remaining :)

5 minutes ago, Jo Erlend said:

Hi, right now the passengers doesn't move between the floors via the escalator or stairs. I'll have to admit it would look cool since you can see the escalators quite clearly when parked at the stands. I'll see what can be done after I've finished up the critical stuff that's remaining :)

OMG! I really admire your passion and attention to detail, Jo! 

You get a (I'm sorry people), in my opinion, quite absurd suggestion from a random user, and yet you take your time to actually consider it and setting time off, to look into it.

That kind of attention to detail, display of passion and acceptance towards the community, is rarely found with a developer. 

Absolutely amazing! Thanks for the integrity and forthcoming attitude, @Jo Erlend

vor 2 Stunden , Jo Erlend sagte:

Ok, thanks for your answer.

Hello Jo,

this looks absolutely stunning! I'm really looking forward to the release and having my home airport available with this quality.

Thank you!

I think Jo has created a new simulator called "waiting at Koln/Bonn for the Ryanair flight to arrive.:)

Köln/Bonn airport wasn't on my radar, yet Jo's incredible work has definitely put this on my purchase list.
To even contemplate the idea of people on escalators - well, that just takes the attention to detail, realism, and sim passengers to another level...  :clapping_s:

I have been pestering the scenery project manager about that this morning. But it's a holiday today so won't know more until tomorrow.