Mathijs Kok

Köln/Bonn airport - released

On 9/19/2018 at 6:05 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Jo will do Brussels after Koln-Bonn, but Munich is on our list.

On 9/19/2018 at 6:18 PM, Tom A320 said:

Best news of the day! :) 

Absolutely!  Great news all round.

Hello, 

I‘m new to this forum, so correct me if I do anything wrong.

Any news about the release?

Max

2 hours ago, MaxZ said:

Hello, 

I‘m new to this forum, so correct me if I do anything wrong.

Any news about the release?

Max

Hi Max,

as you're still new here please have a look at what it says on top of the previewforum:

Please do not ask for release dates because if we can say we would have posted it here and if we do not know we can't say.

On 9/17/2018 at 5:11 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

There are a few small details that are worked on but we expect a release in the next two weeks. 

Well, there's this statement from Mathijs five days ago.

Peter

vor 7 Stunden , Emanuel Hagen sagte:

Hi Max,

as you're still new here please have a look at what it says on top of the previewforum:

Oh sorry I didn‘t saw it.

I love all of Jo's work but this is clearly at a whole new level. Outstanding details throughout! Much to look forward to, congratulations with this one!

This scenery from Cologne/Bonn Looks very nice.

One question to the Mega Airport Sceneries (I don't find it here in the forums):

Is it planned to do Mega Airport Düsseldorf for P3Dv4 ?

Kind Regards,

Matthias

1 hour ago, Matthias K. said:

Asking the real question here :).

4 hours ago, Matthias K. said:

This scenery from Cologne/Bonn Looks very nice.

One question to the Mega Airport Sceneries (I don't find it here in the forums):

Kind Regards,

Matthias

The moment we can announce anything about that it will be posted here.

And this, my friends, is how scenery should look in 2018... The use of the scripting options in P3D is amazing as was been shown by the small vid from Jeroen this morning, I just wanted to show the incredible level of detail. I promise, release is not far off. But this is a hugely complex scenery that needs a lot of love and attention to be completed.

Make sure you see the images at full size because you will miss details if you do not. 

2018-9-24_17-24-19-588.png

2018-9-24_17-23-34-869.png

2018-9-24_17-20-23-193.png

Mathijs this torturing is kind of evil :)  The level of detail and realism that Jo has achieved in this project is without doubt the definition of a new level in flight sim scenery. I really can't wait to get this! :) 

Concerning the video... 

Are the walking people scenery or gsx 2? We need more pixel for the lady in white.... 

vor 5 Minuten, DriverX sagte:

Are the walking people scenery or gsx 2? We need more pixel for the lady in white.... 

to be honest (and as odd as it may sound) - I hope it's GSX2. It would be a real waste of resources if talented scenery devs each would begin to develop so add ons for add ons

Either way I'm amazed that even those "queue line"-style pedestrian ways from aircraft to gate entrance have made it into the scenery and even have simulated passengers (I, too, hope it's GSX2). I just arrived like that in Cologne just 2 months ago and was quite surprised when I was able to walk quite some distance along the apron on ground (well, inside the queue lines, but anyway :D).

I always liked EDDK and hoped for a good scenery to finally arrive but this one really looks like it could even become a new benchmark. At the very least, it's a highlight that should not be missed. Can't wait to find it ready for sale; it will be an instant purchase for me. :) 

2 hours ago, data63 said:

to be honest (and as odd as it may sound) - I hope it's GSX2. It would be a real waste of resources if talented scenery devs each would begin to develop so add ons for add ons

Just to throw this in here, Jo has already had moving passengers in Oslo which was released years before GSX2 ;)

So the technology is all there already!

This is next-gen flight sim scenery that will set the new standard in the industry. Well done Aerosoft for pushing the bar and investing in P3D.

Correct me if im wrong, but I think the moving passengers are about to board a static aircraft in the scenery. So, that might be one of those scenery canned animations. Meaning it wont happen to your own plane. But we have GSX2 for that now anyway.

I know that it's still work in progress, but since the scenery's level of detail seems to be so high already, I ask anyway: I was surprised to see in Jeroen's video that gates D2, D4 and D7 of Terminal 2 don't seem to have jetways, while the aerial images at Google Maps and Bing Maps show jetways at each gate of Terminal 2. Have I missed that they took those jetways down in real life or is that still a case of work in progress? I'm also asking because that would affect the animation of those passengers walking down the stairs outside of the jetbridge at gate D4.

10 hours ago, snapshot21 said:

Correct me if im wrong, but I think the moving passengers are about to board a static aircraft in the scenery. So, that might be one of those scenery canned animations. Meaning it wont happen to your own plane. But we have GSX2 for that now anyway.

That's correct, the animation you see in the video is for the static aircraft only.

5 minutes ago, FWAviation said:

D2, D4 and D7 of Terminal 2 don't seem to have jetways, while the aerial images at Google Maps and Bing Maps show jetways at each gate of Terminal 2.

Those jetways have been removed in real life, that whole area has changed quite a bit since the last aerial images were taken.

vor 16 Minuten, Jo Erlend sagte:

Those jetways have been removed in real life, that whole area has changed quite a bit since the last aerial images were taken.

Interesting to know! Thank you for the swift response!

On 9/21/2018 at 4:40 AM, Farlis said:

I hope it doesn't because Cologne is not part of GEN. It is part of GES. ;)

Well at least you didn't say Belgium.

I have to say, I do not know where exactly the boundary between Orbx's GEN and GES is.