Can't Change Fuel Load

I am operating the latest CRJ Version on Windows 10 64 bit and P3D v4. I have tried three methods to change my fuel load in the simulator: Through the Aerosoft CRJ Manager, through the tablet in the VC, through the fuel and payload manager in the sim's alt menu. All three times, the fuel load changes to what I set it to temporarily but after a second or two reverts back to a full load. I have tried under five scenarios: with only the APU on, with the APU on and one engine operating, with only one engine operating with no APU, with both engines operating and no APU, with both engines and APU operating, but to no avail. I have also noticed that as fuel is burned, the tanks are automatically refilling to maximum capacity.

Hi to all!

I have exactly the same problem that CRJ Driver is describing, i am running (or better "trying to run") the CRJ in FSX. I spend over an hour with trying different startup scenarios, like starting the Manager before starting FSX, after starting FSX, not starting it at all, different default planes prior loading the CRJ, direct loading the CRJ, starting default aircraft and emptying the tanks prior to start FSX, reducing fuel via the manager before starting FSX, before starting the flight, after starting the flight but before starting the CRJ, I can't remember all the versions I've tried. I even reinstalled the CRJ and took a look in the realism settings if something checked the "unlimited fuel" option (but of course, it is still unchecked). Everything with administrative rights of course. And in every case the CRJ is refilling itself to the maximum seconds after I reduced the fuel, either with the manager, "Dave" or the FSX menue.

With clueless regards, Tom

• Developer

Tbh, I have no idea what might cause this. I have never experienced it myself or even heard about it. Are you sure there's no other third party program (like FS Passengers, some flight planning tool or something similar) that externally sets the fuel amounts?

On 10.10.2017 at 20:21, Hans Hartmann sagte:

Tbh, I have no idea what might cause this. I have never experienced it myself or even heard about it. Are you sure there's no other third party program (like FS Passengers, some flight planning tool or something similar) that externally sets the fuel amounts?

No, I do not have any flight planning tool that sets fuel.

But this question led me to the solution for my problem. I beg your pardon ... during all my tests I parked next to a FSX default fuel trigger (that's so embarrassing :wacko:)!

Despite using an addon scenery (so i could not see it), it did not loose its funktionality. Changing the parking position solved the problem.

Just for your information, I placed the Majestic Dash8 on the same position and reduced fuel via its Control Panel (an external program like your CRJ Manager), the Dash8 was not affected and kept the reduced fuel. Only if you want to eliminate this effect of your CRJ in a future update.

This does not happen on every airport. I crosschecked it by placing the CRJ on the default fuel station trigger of EDDH (the CRJ refueld immediately) and then changed to the German Aiports 3 via the FSX Scenery Manager (the CRJ did not refuel again).

Thank you for investing your time on thinking about this annoying effect.

Best regards, Tom

Archived