good beamers?

vmc

Hi.

Thinking of buying an XGA beamer for flightsimming.

Who has already made good or bad experience with beamers? How many ANSI do I need?

Please share your knowledge with me!

Thanx,

Volker.

• Aerosoft
Hi.

Thinking of buying an XGA beamer for flightsimming.

Who has already made good or bad experience with beamers? How many ANSI do I need?

Please share your knowledge with me!

Thanx,

Volker.

Are you looking for a flat display screen or are you going to curve it (much more realistic, but more complex as well)?

I suggest the NEC projectors with some nice warp technology if you wish to project on curved surfaces...

Check them! They're pricy, but the end result is great...

Avoid the CRT except the top notch like these NECs, bet on the DLP projectors (better contrast)...

Ok, I couldn't wait, I bought a Epson EMP X3, because it seems inexpensive, because the succeeding model is out.

I don't know if it will do curved screens.

If you like to discuss the best setup, you are invited:

I have an XGA Beamer, 3 x 19" TFT with Matrox Triplehead.

I have one Computer with the Gforce 7950 GX2 (i think. it's the one with 2 512 MB or one 1024 RAM).

I also have an older Laptop and an older Desktop with 17" TFT.

Want to play FSX and Lock On.

Divide FSx into Beamer as outside view and Instruments on 3 TFTs, or Beamer only at the fast machine and the Instruments from one of the other programms which interact with FSUIPC?

Or sell the 3 TFTs and use only one 17" and the beamer?

Greets,

Volker.