Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview (part 4)

vor 21 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

Indeed, right now it is stopping beta testing as most testers are on 4.1. 

So, this means that the whole project including in-depth beta testing is on hold until 4.2 is released?

After some research I learned that 4.2 seems to be not that imminent at the moment. Looks like March at the earliest. Do you, Mathijs, have any news on that? Sorry for the (in my opinion not so much) off-topic, but I'm just wondering, since it means incompatibilities for all lf us until all other devs are catching up.

Yours sincerely,

Nicolas

P.S.: Please don't be too harsh onto my question, though

1 hour ago, Tom A320 said:

It will be released in a  32bit and 64 version. 

this was going to be my question for today

thanks Tom. 

39 minutes ago, DLHAirbus321 said:

Looks like March at the earliest. Do you, Mathijs, have any news on that?

Well that would be problematic, but I do not expect that.

From my understanding Aerosoft is waiting for P3Dv4.2 so it can fix some issues? Correct me if I am wrong :huh:

3 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

No, it is decided. The "update" path is undecided, meaning the A318-21 line. The A330 is not an update but a complete new product. 

It will be released in a  32bit and 64 version. Nothing else has been said in this topic. 

Thanks for clarifying, Tom.

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Indeed, right now it is stopping beta testing as most testers are on 4.1. 

But not all are some must be beta testing P3D 4.2? While at the same time beta test the AS Busses, lucky people.

1 minute ago, eaim said:

While at the same time beta test the AS Busses, lucky people.

You might have a wrong impression of what software testing looks like in reality. Most of the time you are doing things over and over again to reproduce problems, to find other possible influences, a.s.o.. Testing is the opposite of relaxed flying in the evening ;) 

2 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

You might have a wrong impression of what software testing looks like in reality. Most of the time you are doing things over and over again to reproduce problems, to find other possible influences, a.s.o.. Testing is the opposite of relaxed flying in the evening ;) 

Definitely the wrong impression Tom!

Testing, when done as a "Tester" and not some FS fan hoping to get an early, unstable copy of the newest bus to fly around, is one of the most mundane and mind-numbing tasks.  But you can't convince these people of that Tom.  All they see is an opportunity to get the new bus and hope to fly it around with glee, totally ignoring or forgetting that they are obligated (I hope contractually) to test, verify they tested, and participate in the testing meetings to progress the project to retail release.  i.e. its a real job and I have a feeling when they realize that, some of the excitement goes away, LOL.

I test software for a living, and the level of complexity involved is massive for the type of software I test.  The testing process should not be much different for any software, and I'm sure testing the bus is very structured and organized.  At least you don't have to do interface testing with 84 other applications that interface with your main application! :blink:

5 hours ago, Pairbus said:

So we wont be able to fly the Airbusses with P3D V4.1?

No, P3d V4.2 only. But that is out now... ignore my internet speed. I live some place where the views are better then the Internet.

image.png

20 minutes ago, Foster said:

So are the buses coming out in the next week as 4.2 is out now?

13 hours ago, Frank Docter said:

The AS Bus does need P3D v4.2 to work as intended but the release, of the Airbus, is in no way imminent. There is still some work to be done before it is complete. 

It has indeed. The people at Lockheed came through. For us it means that no work was lost and testing has resumed. 

It's actually rather amazing to see Lockheed being so involved and collaborating with addon developers. Very refreshing and promising for the future. It's rare to see a game developer being so approachable.

Is it enough to install the "client installer" of P3D v4.2 for the new busses? (updating from v4.1 to v4.2)

7 minutes ago, Flypupsi said:

Is it enough to install the "client installer" of P3D v4.2 for the new busses? (updating from v4.1 to v4.2)

Yes, you uninstall the 4.1 client, then install the 4.2 client.

7 minutes ago, Flypupsi said:

it is recommended by Lockheed Martin to only do the client.msi for your version but content and scenery can updated to your liking after reading the changelog.