Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview (part 4)

1 hour ago, FSXZocker12345 said:

I am tired of waiting for this product. I lost hope that this product gets released in the next time......

I'll have to guess that you're not familiar with the length of time it takes for similar projects by other developers (I promise you that I wouldn't have made that comment unless I was keenly aware of that).

Regardless, I am very sorry to hear you have lost hope, especially given that everyone is working as hard as they are able on this complex project.

Anyway, if you must go then please go with our very best wishes.

I am tired of waiting for this product. I lost hope that this product gets released in the next time......

Ah, the good old fast food generation. I want it and I want it now!!!!

On 2/9/2018 at 7:50 PM, fedear said:

I say that because in those “pinned” posts it’s written that you still don’t know what to do with the 32bit versions, so there’s a possibility that you will not update them, I’m not referring to the eye-candy features but to the reworked systems.

I understand your point of view. but look at it from our side.

FSX is close to a decade old, full of bugs and no longer supported in any way (even Dovetails have given up).  At any moment a Windows update could kill it because it is based on code that is 20 years old and not even close to using a modern DirectX version.  So it does not surprise us that most customers want to move to a new platform that is supported, growing and future proof.  Besides we feel we have a very competitive 32 bit version. In it's price class there is nothing that comes even close. 

That said, we will look at 32 bits when the time comes, no decision has been made. But understand that time is not on the side of 32 bits.

23 hours ago, phlpeo said:

Then what are the limitations of not doing it that way? Are these limitations technical? I am curious to know why.

The limitation is basically in time. Technically it most likely is possible but it will cause a shit load of addtional work. 
Besides, in the A330 we have three MCDU's. Two will be 'real' one will be for the options. And that is why we decided to do the same for the smaller busses. The two MCDU's in the VC are 'real', a third MCDU will be pop up, looks like an MCDU and have the options. That way we have the same system in all busses and that is very much the key to being efficient. Ask Airbus Industries, they invented that idea.

2 hours ago, FSXZocker12345 said:

Ahh well then we can only surprise you!

The fun thing though is that I do not consider this project late. I would have liked to have released this project late last year, but that would have been without a complete lighting (17 different lights in the VC, 16 dimmable) that have been seriously requested by customers.  That's 5 weeks of work there. We also inserted rain and other window effects because customer made it clear they considered it important. At least 3 weeks lost there (things did not start out smooth). Then we ran headlong into a major issue with a bug in the sim. It took us 10 days to understand what was happening and to confirm it was not our own fault. It also meant that we can't release until Lockheed releases the fixed version. 

In the meantime we had some issues like me forgetting about holidays and the fact people like to spend that with family and a professional project that will make us more than this project ever will. All in all I am very happy with progress.  Seeing that we came from very old 32 bit XML code to a complete new platform that will serve us for many years professionally and commercially I am not at all stressed.

Sorry that you are though but there is little I can do about that.  There are other airbusses available and I am sure those companies will be happy with your business. 

Mathijis,

First: you're a class act. Really love the transparency in your posts, and your genuine passion for what you do.

Second: I *thought* I read in the past in this topic that in addition to 3D objects like the newspaper, coffee cup, etc, there might be a 3D pilot in the cockpit as well. Was this a dream I had, or was this actually planned? I've tried searching for the past 15 minutes and I can't come up with anything, which leads me to believe I should be on my way to the looney house.

will it include the famous missing knob for the window that exists on FSL'S? Otherwise it looks brand new, unlike FSL

31 minutes ago, nextgeneric said:

Mathijis,

First: you're a class act. Really love the transparency in your posts, and your genuine passion for what you do.

Second: I *thought* I read in the past in this topic that in addition to 3D objects like the newspaper, coffee cup, etc, there might be a 3D pilot in the cockpit as well. Was this a dream I had, or was this actually planned? I've tried searching for the past 15 minutes and I can't come up with anything, which leads me to believe I should be on my way to the looney house.

A dream would be to have the first officer to be physically in the virtual cockpit, moving according to FS2Crew :wub:

13 minutes ago, 747-400fan said:

will it include the famous missing knob for the window that exists on FSL'S? Otherwise it looks brand new, unlike FSL

Yep, those are already implemented. 

1 hour ago, nextgeneric said:

Mathijis,

It was indeed talked about and we already experimented with it, however the human eye is trained to tell exactly what a human is and what not.

If we'd put a copilot who really looks like a human into the right seat all your neaty 1080Tis will be brought to their knees, just like your fps.

Hardware is getting better and better, just compare what we thought would look 'as real as it gets' 10 years ago to what we have now and you'll immediately see a big difference.
Now in another 10 years things may have changed considerably and we may even have the children asking to take a look into the flight deck after landing. That's a thing for the future however.

1 hour ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

however the human eye is trained to tell exactly what a human is and what not.

If we'd put a copilot who really looks like a human into the right seat all your neaty 1080Tis will be brought to their knees, just like your fps.

You mean, with all the rest of the VC you're just exploiting the weakness of our eyes? :P

I won't be able to tell. My legs are grey, my ears are gnarled, and my eyes are old and bent.

Peter

4 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

FSX is close to a decade old, full of bugs and no longer supported in any way (even Dovetails have given up).  At any moment a Windows update could kill it because it is based on code that is 20 years old and not even close to using a modern DirectX version.  So it does not surprise us that most customers want to move to a new platform that is supported, growing and future proof.  Besides we feel we have a very competitive 32 bit version. In it's price class there is nothing that comes even close. 

That said, we will look at 32 bits when the time comes, no decision has been made. But understand that time is not on the side of 32 bits.

thanks good i move to P3DV4 froms FSX. To all customers, i know its hard when you have spend to much money, like me. But you can always have both, but when your try V4 you will only want fly on V4 not FSX any more. 

Honestly I can't wait for this to be released and to see how many A319 & 18's flying throughout Europe on VATSIM :)

5 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Then we ran headlong into a major issue with a bug in the sim. It took us 10 days to understand what was happening and to confirm it was not our own fault. It also meant that we can't release until Lockheed releases the fixed version. 

Mathijs, one quick question in this regard - does it mean Lockheed will have to release an update for P3D which we have to install client-side as well, or is it just an SDK update that you as developers have to use?

1 hour ago, aktorsyl said:

Mathijs, one quick question in this regard - does it mean Lockheed will have to release an update for P3D which we have to install client-side as well, or is it just an SDK update that you as developers have to use?

Yes, there's that. 

I understand the crypto-currency 'miners' as they're called need faster and tougher videocards.  We will benefit from that, for sure, Emi, so keep up the dreaming. 

Mathijs:  it has just dawned on me.  Are we now waiting for a hotfix from LM before you can complete the first product?  Heck, if so, just say so, as that changes the debate completely.

3 minutes ago, macca22au said:

Are we now waiting for a hotfix from LM before you can complete the first product? 

The AS Bus does need P3D v4.2 to work as intended but the release, of the Airbus, is in no way imminent. There is still some work to be done before it is complete. 

1 hour ago, Álvaro Jiménez García said:

Will the A330 be compatible whit FSX:SE?

Answered on the previous page. The answer applies to all flavors of FSX.

10 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

54 minutes ago, Herman said:

Answered on the previous page. The answer applies to all flavors of FSX.

Okay... So whether the A330 will be compatible with FSX/FSX:SE, is still being decided?

4 hours ago, Frank Docter said:

The AS Bus does need P3D v4.2 to work as intended but the release, of the Airbus, is in no way imminent. There is still some work to be done before it is complete. 

Thanks for the clarification :) Could you possibly indicate one more thing for us please, if possible - what would the downside be of running the Airbus on P3D v4.1 ? What features would not work, for instance?

(Just thinking of P3D client upgrade and its compatibility with other addons too, here)

1 hour ago, Anders Bermann said:

Okay... So whether the A330 will be compatible with FSX/FSX:SE, is still being decided?

No, it is decided. The "update" path is undecided, meaning the A318-21 line. The A330 is not an update but a complete new product. 

It will be released in a  32bit and 64 version. Nothing else has been said in this topic. 

4 hours ago, Frank Docter said:

Indeed, right now it is stopping beta testing as most testers are on 4.1.