Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview (part 4)

On 1.2.2018 at 10:49, Icke sagte:

It's nice to fly the PMDG Jets, but they're not a substitute for the Buses.

I think there are generally awesome products coming to us Simmers. PMDG is going to launch a new 747-8 & 737NG3 incl. ENB (Navigraph & NavDataPro Charts) as well as a bunch other awesome features any time soon.

The A320 & A330 is going to be amazing too. I do love both. I like to fly as realistic as possible, so I can fly a route and pick the same aircraft (Airbus or Boeing) that the real airline would fly on that particular route as well.

vor 33 Minuten, Flypupsi sagte:

I think there are generally awesome products coming to us Simmers. PMDG is going to launch a new 747-8 & 737NG3 incl. ENB (Navigraph & NavDataPro Charts) as well as a bunch other awesome features any time soon.

The A320 & A330 is going to be amazing too. I do love both. I like to fly as realistic as possible, so I can fly a route and pick the same aircraft (Airbus or Boeing) that the real airline would fly on that particular route as well.

Have to agree. The comming month will be awsome for us all - and money-spending-intensive :D

Will the A330 be released before VATSIM's CTP Westbound 2018 ? (Please say yes... :()

Well i just noticed that with the current buses there are no containers visible with open carco doors, even if there are fiew hundred kilos loaded before fligt. 

I think this is a small thing (hope i am not saying anything wrong right now) but would have nice effect if there woud be some containers visible when there is cargo loaded. Because without it looks so empty ant not used. 

Is this effect implemented in the new buses or is it too late for this idea? 

pasc 

42 minutes ago, DC3901 said:

VATSIM's CTP Westbound 2018 ?

And when will that be? If it is in March then no. 

13 minutes ago, DrShadow said:

Well i just noticed that with the current buses there are no containers visible with open carco doors, even if there are fiew hundred kilos loaded before fligt. 

I think this is a small thing (hope i am not saying anything wrong right now) but would have nice effect if there woud be some containers visible when there is cargo loaded. Because without it looks so empty ant not used. 

Is this effect implemented in the new buses or is it too late for this idea? 

pasc 

In the gsx parking menu and aircraft menu you can select the type of loader and cargo units that are being loaded. I believe you could already do this with the current busses.

Your product is like Sagrada Familia. I can't remember when i started to wait for A330.

Hi, I do admire the tremendous amount of work that has been put into these buses and I'm anxiously waiting for them to be released (in the coming months hopefully ;) ). May I ask, after the completion for the A330-300 RR, will you ever consider starting work on the -300's younger sibling, the A330-200 RR. With the shortened fuselage and the elongated tail <3. My Country's National Carrier is Sri Lankan Airlines, where they operate both the -300's and -200's and it would be fantastic to have both variants of the A330 in the future.

7 hours ago, Donddsa said:

Hi, I do admire the tremendous amount of work that has been put into these buses and I'm anxiously waiting for them to be released (in the coming months hopefully ;) ). May I ask, after the completion for the A330-300 RR, will you ever consider starting work on the -300's younger sibling, the A330-200 RR. With the shortened fuselage and the elongated tail <3. My Country's National Carrier is Sri Lankan Airlines, where they operate both the -300's and -200's and it would be fantastic to have both variants of the A330 in the future.

It will most certainly be considered, a final decision will be made when the time has come.

I have a question about the MTOW of the A330-343:

Which MTOW will have your A330-343?

230t or 233t Version? 

Cheers

Thomas

vor 11 Stunden , umut1 sagte:

Your product is like Sagrada Familia. I can't remember when i started to wait for A330.

(1882 - 2026) Dios mio. I hope not that it will take so long. :o;)

Just now, VTCH said:

Will it have realistic engine sounds, like in the real A330 with Rolls Royce Engines?

No, we will take the sounds from the AS AN-2. ;)

15 hours ago, Frank Docter said:

And when will that be? If it is in March then no. 

Yeah I believe it's around March :(

Good day, I've been talking a look at this thread every once in a while since a moment now, and as time is going by, I get more and more excited about the family you are going to release in the next months ! So please keep up the good work, and take your time for the release. :)

I've also been wondering something. I usually plan my flights with Simbrief and use ToPS or TOPCAT for all the calculations. The problem is, whenever I calculate a FLEX temperature, there is a mismatch with the N1, the V-Speeds and sometimes the trim setting given in TOPCAT and in the FMS / MCDU (I fly with the Airbus X extended and the PMDG 737). I know it can't always be the exact same, but sometimes there's such a big difference and I'm not sure if I could takeoff safely with those values. I assume there's an issue with my profiles though. I just wanted to know, if you will release profiles for PFPX and TOPCAT, or if you could just give us the value you are using (PAX weight, DOW, TOW, etc..) in order for the MCDU calculations ?

Sorry if this has already been answered before, I've been looking for an answer but haven't found one.

4 hours ago, Frank Docter said:

frank you made my day, i can't stop laughing! :lol:

3 hours ago, Julien H said:

Good day, I've been talking a look at this thread every once in a while since a moment now, and as time is going by, I get more and more excited about the family you are going to release in the next months ! So please keep up the good work, and take your time for the release. :)

I've also been wondering something. I usually plan my flights with Simbrief and use ToPS or TOPCAT for all the calculations. The problem is, whenever I calculate a FLEX temperature, there is a mismatch with the N1, the V-Speeds and sometimes the trim setting given in TOPCAT and in the FMS / MCDU (I fly with the Airbus X extended and the PMDG 737). I know it can't always be the exact same, but sometimes there's such a big difference and I'm not sure if I could takeoff safely with those values. I assume there's an issue with my profiles though. I just wanted to know, if you will release profiles for PFPX and TOPCAT, or if you could just give us the value you are using (PAX weight, DOW, TOW, etc..) in order for the MCDU calculations ?

Sorry if this has already been answered before, I've been looking for an answer but haven't found one.

Hello Julien,

the issue here is the different thrust ratings available for the engines.
While TOPCAT may have an A320 with CFM engines it must not necessarily have the same rating as ours.
If you look a bit back you'll find the exact ratings of our busses written there.

You'd need a profile matching the exact engines and thrust ratings installed on your addons aircraft in order to get precise calculations. Unfortunately I'm not aware of any addon providing this many options in order to get a precise result.

4 hours ago, Frank Docter said:

Why not take them from the ASK-21 instead? I only trust those sounds I have already heared in real life!

Hi!

A more detailed technical question on the A320. Please tell me if this is the wrong place to ask...

By coincidence I just watched a "Mayday" episode about the A320 crash at Habsheim airshow in 1988, one of the few I hadn't seen before. Therein the investigators were first unsure if the "landing mode was automatically activated" because the airplane was so close to the ground and thus "preventing the pilots to give effective climb inputs". Later they discovered that only the Alpha floor activated which led the elevators to pitch down despite pulling at the sidestick - which makes sense at the low airspeed according to the logic of the Alpha Floor.

But: Concerning this "landing mode"?? I think I roughly understood how FBW/Alpha floor is working: The aircraft corrects inputs from pilots that would lead to a stall, an overshoot of the bank limits,... by adjusting pitch, roll and thrust so that the aircraft stays within its structural and aerodynamic limits in critical moments, right? ...which was also nicely modeled in the Aerosoft bus and even partly long years ago in the Wilco buses.

However, several investigation episodes about newer airbuses led to the impression (at least for me) that the airbus flies and lands itself without any more control of a pilot if it feels to do so. (It even feels a bit frightening when you hear that)

What's behind this magic "landing mode" or several other automatition modes in the airbus? Another example is the investigation of the Air Inter Crash at Strassbourg, where the aircraft obviously "automatically corrected some upwinds by pitching the aircraft steeply down". Is it an automatition that is just too complicated and/or that makes too little sense to simulate so that no one ever mentioned it here? Or is it just a (partly) failed try to simplify "Airbus-specific" systems for the average TV watcher?

Several other episodes that involved other aircraft types always made sense to me in every aspect from what I know about aviation from my hobby simmer's viewpoint.

Thanks in advance!!

Cheers, Dominik 

Edit: BTW, just one more question on that: The pilot claimed they couldn't hear the altitude callouts because of the headphones and because of the aircraft noise? Don't pilots ALWAYS have their headphones on while landing?? And doesn't the aircraft make the same "noise" at every landing?^^

10 hours ago, Frank Docter said:

With or without the noise-canceling headphones? B)

2 hours ago, BudSpencer said:

Hi!

A more detailed technical question on the A320. Please tell me if this is the wrong place to ask...

Hi Dominik, this is indeed the wrong place to ask. Try the general section of this forum please. You have some interesting questions that can not be answered with a short reply. Next to that most of the people here would not be able to answer all your questions. Earlier software of the RW Airbus had a lot of "bad" code that got fixed after trail and error. The accidents you mentioned would most probably not happen today with the adapted code. 

vor 53 Minuten, Frank Docter sagte:

Hi Dominik, this is indeed the wrong place to ask. Try the general section of this forum please. You have some interesting questions that can not be answered with a short reply. Next to that most of the people here would not be able to answer all your questions. Earlier software of the RW Airbus had a lot of "bad" code that got fixed after trail and error. The accidents you mentioned would most probably not happen today with the adapted code. 

OK, thanks. I've posted it there.

I cannot read for my life, can somebody please confirm the section in the OP that says about compatibility? So it's compatible with FSX:SE along WITH p3d v4? It'll be advertised as a P3D V4 product, but if I only have FSX:SE and buy the product (330 most likely), it SHOULD still be compatible with it?