Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview (part 4)

As we all know the current Airbus has a very very strong climb power. It feels as if the Bus was just being built and it's the first flight of the aircraft, not as if it was an average aircraft that people fly in every day.

I'm not a real pilot, therefore im not in the position to critize the behaviour of the current bus, but from the few sources I have (Youtube, the other bus, forums) it seems like doing 4000 fpm with a TOW of 66 tons is not the thing you usually experience on an average a320 flight. How will that be in the in the upcoming series?

I also read that topic where somebody praised the 737 for it's super performance. As always you have to take a lot of stuff into account if you are talking about performance. First thing to know or compare is the thrust rating,the weight and pressure altitude for example. Just saying the fanblades are larger on an Airbus CFM is a bit too simple for example. 

Joshua programmed the performance with regard to the performance tables he had and we compared the sim with these tables. They add up within a margin of 5-6% is all I can say. As this 6% is also the self proclaimed realistic margin used by PMDG I am fine with it.

The thrustratings of our busses are:

CFM

A318: 24k

A319/320: 27k

A321: 33k

IAE

A319: 23.5k

A320: 27k

A321: 33k

I do quite often see climb rates of 3500fpm+ on initial climbout on the radar scope in real life.

Of course, that climb rate isn't sustained until reaching cruising levels, but initial climb can be quite sensational, even in modern airliners, and especially with a good portion of headwind.

That said, do keep in mind that most commercial aircraft won't be using anywhere near max TO Thrust for the majority of the time.

Im not only talking about the initial climbout here. I am talking about the time after reaching Acceleration Altitude up to FL100. After that, the climb rates are still high, but usually not far above 3000.

16 minutes ago, datguytho said:

Im not only talking about the initial climbout here. I am talking about the time after reaching Acceleration Altitude up to FL100. After that, the climb rates are still high, but usually not far above 3000.

My post was meant for performance from sealevel to FL390. Except for some small tweaks nothing much will change here with the new products.

Just for reference sake: I’d call anything from ground level up to about FL080-FL100 initial climb. After acceleration altitude, climb rates of 2500-3000 fpm aren’t really uncommon.

Exactly. But the Aerosoft A320 is doing around 4000 fpm with realistic payload after acceleration alt. However, I already got my answer, so I don't want to start the discussion about this topic again. 

20 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

Mathijs gave the answer already at the end his post ;)

It is needed to provide professional customers with the functionality they are asking for. 

And of course, if you accept that these things do not have to be as realistic as possible you are on a slippery slope and you can start to simplify many systems. Our idea is to make sure these basic systems are simulated correctly so what you see in the cockpit is as close to what the real pilots sees. In that aspect it is very much in line with our idea of focussing on the task of the pilot. 

It's nice to fly the PMDG Jets, but they're not a substitute for the Buses.

Hi, I was wondering if we will be able to load the pax and the cargo by just entering the zero fuel weight given...

Thanks for the answer!

PD: I've searched it but havent't found any thing regarding this in the topic...

56 minutes ago, aviator_guy_19 said:

Hi, I was wondering if we will be able to load the pax and the cargo by just entering the zero fuel weight given...

Thanks for the answer!

PD: I've searched it but havent't found any thing regarding this in the topic...

But what percent is cargo and what percent is pax? And what about those hundreds of Amazon packages that HQ decided to stuff into your cargo hold as well to make a quick buck in freight charges? How do you know the ratio?

I gotta say I like the idea, but I also like being able to individually allocate passengers and cargo.

7 minutes ago, amahran said:

But what percent is cargo and what percent is pax? And what about those hundreds of Amazon packages that HQ decided to stuff into your cargo hold as well to make a quick buck in freight charges? How do you know the ratio?

I gotta say I like the idea, but I also like being able to individually allocate passengers and cargo.

True, but I agree with @aviator_guy_19 : many VA dispatch systems only give ZFW (sometimes they do give pax/cargo, but those are almost never accurate and is different with every addon). At the end of the day the pilot doesn't care (or know) what it is or where it's seated/packed. They just know what the ZFW is and what the fuel planning is according to that given ZFW.

As said this week is for meeting, from marketing, to shop system (we are implementing a new SAP back-end) to project meetings. And we made a release plan for the 3 bus releases and have some imaginary dates on that. Tomorrow the last meetings and a 1200km trip back home. But in the weekend I'll write it down in the forum. Don't expect dates on it but you will have a better idea.  Overall I am very happy with progress never as fast as hoped and planned, but this is the base for man projects, both commercial as professional and I refuse to be rushed into things I am not comfortable with. Not by forum posts and no by my CEO, :)

Hey guys, I just want to give some kudos and appreciation to the team...

Just trying to understand something though. Is it just me or is there anyone else experiencing a challenge with reading the stuck note that Mathijs wrote? I can only see up to "Wing Flex" and that is grayed out as well..

Will someone offer a solution as to why I cannot read the entire thing.

Many Thanks.

Perez.

29 minutes ago, Caribbean_Redz said:

Hey guys, I just want to give some kudos and appreciation to the team...

Just trying to understand something though. Is it just me or is there anyone else experiencing a challenge with reading the stuck note that Mathijs wrote? I can only see up to "Wing Flex" and that is grayed out as well..

Will someone offer a solution as to why I cannot read the entire thing.

Many Thanks.

Perez.

Hi Perez, that is all of the post I see as well, I believe the greying out is done intentionally, and that is all of the Mathijs's post.

13 hours ago, amahran said:

Having the possibility to enter ZFW doesn't mean it excludes entering number of passengers, cargo weight, etc. Look at PMDG, for example

Alrighty... I'm antsy to know about this. I saw something mentioned earlier about single engine taxis. 

For the A330, has the single engine taxi been modeled to keep you on or near the yellow line without your plane turning sharply while applying power like most other addons do? 

Also, is it only the A330-300 variant? Or is the -200 variant being released right away too? 

Thanks all. 

14 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

...release plan for the 3 bus releases...

Which 3 bus releases? The 3 in the pinned post (All A32S 64 bit, A330 both and all A32S 32 bit) or the 3 in the latest posts (A318/319 64 bit, A320/321 64 bit and A330 both)?

1 hour ago, ocaviation said:

Alrighty... I'm antsy to know about this. I saw something mentioned earlier about single engine taxis. 

For the A330, has the single engine taxi been modeled to keep you on or near the yellow line without your plane turning sharply while applying power like most other addons do? 

Also, is it only the A330-300 variant? Or is the -200 variant being released right away too? 

Thanks all. 

I know from previous info the only 330 confirmed is the RR engined 330, I recall seeing mentions of 5 variants not sure which, sure Mathijs will add info when Aerosoft is ready. I do also remember stating their goal is not to cover every engine. so fingers crossed for some form of 330-200 (perhaps the ge and rr)

1 hour ago, ocaviation said:

Thanks all. 

Only the A330-300 with RR engines for now is what I know and I believe one of the mods can correct me if I am wrong.

2 minutes ago, phlpeo said:

Only the A330-300 with RR engines for now is what I know and I believe one of the mods can correct me if I am wrong.

Correct, at the moment only the A333 with RR is in play. 

14 minutes ago, ocaviation said:

Ah ok. Thank you. 

I just hope it has the accurate and modeled nose wheel steering! 

I hope that too! ;)