Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview (part 4)

Another question: You stated at some point that the autoflight will be overhauled. Does that include smoother bank angles during cruise and a better ability to stick to the vertical profile, especially with the new possibility to enter wind data?

As far as I remember this question has been answered in the positive in the current bus forums, at least the one regarding smoother bank angles and no sudden turns inflight. But I would be happy too, if AS could confirm that.

18 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Okay guys...  live stream just for you.   https://www.twitch.tv/ovpa

I thoroughly enjoyed having quite a number of Aerosoft customers on the A319 Professional stream last night!  You were a TERRIFIC group!  Thank you all for participating in the stream and for all the questions!

19 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I thoroughly enjoyed having quite a number of Aerosoft customers on the A319 Professional stream last night!  You were a TERRIFIC group!  Thank you all for participating in the stream and for all the questions!

Dave will the stream be uploaded to YouTube I'd like to watch it. 

1 minute ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Dave will the stream be uploaded to YouTube I'd like to watch it. 

No sir, not these ones. They are live events only I'm afraid.

But there are two of us streaming, and we've both be flying this evening and over the weekend.  Just subscribe and you'll get an email when the stream is live.

2 hours ago, datguytho said:

Another question: You stated at some point that the autoflight will be overhauled. Does that include smoother bank angles during cruise and a better ability to stick to the vertical profile, especially with the new possibility to enter wind data?

Ohhh yes, that is all fully redone. 

Quick last post of the week, mainly because next week I will be traveling for meetings and not a lot online (and this weekend I would prefer to only use my computer to research what wire goes to what wire in my 1970 MGB).

I explained what was done this week and what is next on the agenda. The biggest thing however was not yet mentioned and that is that next week we;'ll start with porting the subsystems (like ELEC, BLEED, APU etc etc) from the A330 to the A320. As you might recall that was all working fine in the A330 and it was programmed so it would work the same in all busses. Just in the real Airbus it only needs a different config file for the different types. The logic remains the same.

Now the logic is very important as we are basing these systems on pretty strong code. So we do not model the results, but the system logic and the conditions and the result should be correct. No more fudging of data to get it looking correct. This is very important for our professional customers and it allows a lot more flexibility. We still do not model failures as our professional customers do not demand that (and we do not really care a lot about things that are incredibly rare in the real aircraft) but it is important to simulate the dropping of the fuel temperature when doing longer flights in -40 degrees (the correct C kind).

I am not too worried about this process, we more or less are sure the code is fine, we just do not fully know how it will behave in the A320 platform. If the code is perfect it will behave perfect but I am 100% sure that will not be the case, lol. But all in all I am very happy about progress at this moment. We do not see big bears on the road but still a lot of small bears. General mood of the whole team is positive and that is super important. In these kinds of projects you grind down the confidence of the developers, spending months on fixing bugs is simply not fun and there is always that point where you think it will never get done. So far we have avoided that and that's a testament to the experience of the whole team. 

Have a great weekend.

Ahh well one more 'last post of the week'.  This morning I had a skype conversation with a customer about licensing etc. He experienced some issues with installing software after he changed hardware and updated his systems. As he uses a 4 PC cockpit this is a big issue for him. I asked him if I could post the cleaned up conversation here. He agreed.

So I can buy one license and install it on all my systems?

Sure, if the Windows license is yours and you are not using the product professionally, feel free to install on any system you own. If you use it for training or any other professional use contact us and we'll help you.

We got specific versions and specific licences for flight training and aviation education. They range from $4500 a seat to $5 a seat. Just ask. We also have versions for marketing, promotion, cinema etc. MK

As many times as I want?

Yes. if it is on your systems, as much as you want.

And I can download this in 5 years and install without having to ask for a reset of something?

Of course. You paid for it didn't you?`

What data do you gather when I activate product?

Nothing, after you paid you own it and there is no need to activate it. 

I am running your current Airbus A319 on 4 systems. How much will it cost to upgrade all of those to the new professional version?

16,95 euro (plus VAT if you are in the EU)

Will the Connected Flight Deck server come with a subscription?

No, 100% free

Good evening, I have a question, I buy the downloadable version A318 / 319/320/321 when the PRO version comes out that as I read this for all platforms, is there an update for V3 of my current purchase? or is it a new purchase?

Thank you

Just wondering if Holgi is still painting the Airbus or any other Aerosoft aircraft, no activity for a while on his tread?

Thanks, Darryl

5 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I enjoyed it Dave and thanks again for hosting and answering questions.

I only wait for Aerosoft Airbuses, because I trust them. For now I'm flying for Prepar3d 4 only with the Boeing 737 FSX defaults. And I don't change, expecting Aerosoft.

I was happy flying Aerosoft Airbus in FSX.

On 22/01/2018 at 4:56 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Just an image to show of the beauty of this model. Do see it as full resolution. As you see the AOC print option of METAR now fully functions.

One more factoid from today. Remember that we were talking to Lockheed to have an issue with visitags and click zones sorted out?  Well because I was busy I forgot to send them some files they needed to test with. They reminded me to send them. Seems a small thing but Microsoft would probably not even have replied when we had such an issue and Lockheed actually requests the files so they can compile the aircraft themselves and see where the issue is. It is such a pleasure to work with them. Absolute professionals.

2018-1-22_16-50-13-516.png

I love this print-out feature!

I would only ask that the clip be positioned more carefully on the paper so all the text is readable (for example the QNH for EHAM is obstructed).

Keep up the good work guys.

8 hours ago, deetee said:

I love this print-out feature!

I would only ask that the clip be positioned more carefully on the paper so all the text is readable (for example the QNH for EHAM is obstructed).

Keep up the good work guys.

It pops up when you click on it. Very legible. You will love it!!

Scott

On 1/25/2018 at 11:47 PM, sgtcadaver@hotmail.com said:

:) Can't wait. Aerosoft are the best !! *wrings hands in excitement*

why did this guy get so many downvotes?

grow up people

1 hour ago, Marty47 said:

grow up people

My sincere thanks and appreciation for caring about the community!  What you're not able to see was that the post in question was edited to remove something which many people found offensive.  The downvotes stopped after it was removed.

However I do agree that downvoting is often misused, and personally I rarely if ever downvote anyone, but instead I upvote those posts which I believe warrant it.

Best wishes!

It is hoped a post from anyone is made with the utmost sincerity in an adult manner and with no distaste to others.  Whilst at the same time hopefully making it an intelligent and articulate post and on topic.  This often may not happen and if it breaks any rules the Mods sort it out.  Likewise the same goes for the up votes and the down votes, they are often posted to rile people up and or show bias, then have to be modded.  When I read posts I ignore the votes because somewhere amongst them they may still retain some kind of bias.  The thing I judge is the post itself and I take them at face value. Not once referring to how many votes they may or may not have received.  Let's be honest, not everyone votes anyway, I rarely if ever do.  Now, for me at least, back to the topic itself.

I own the Aerosoft Airbus Bundle A318, A319, A320 and A321 for Prepar3D v2.  It is an excellent product and I await the Professional Prepar3D v4 version with eager anticipation.

I am not certain if this question has been asked before so please bear with me.

Could someone clarify for me in % terms - how functionally complete will the Professional Prepar3D v4 MCDU be compared to the real world Airbus MCDU (for example, following the Thales Avionics 'New FM Pilot's Guide' for the A318, A319, A320 and A321)? 

I appreciate it is difficult to provide 100% MCDU functionality for various reasons.

Thanks all.

On 1/26/2018 at 9:41 PM, Tom A320 said:

Please read the first post which is shown on every page of this topic.

The people who voted this post down will lose some privileges on this forum. The reply from Tom was accurate and  there was nothing wrong with it.

I wrote that post and made sure it shows at the top of every single page in this thread. If we have to reply to every time somebody asks the things that have been replied to dozens of times this forum would look pretty silly. That has NOTHING to do with being impolite, it is just efficient and it favors the majority. 

If you have a question on a not yet released product, spend a few minutes checking if your question has not been replied to many many times. 

17 hours ago, Marty47 said:

grow up people

Most people who downvoted that post have lost all voting powers. We are on the ball.

5 hours ago, Reider said:

It is hoped a post from anyone is made with the utmost sincerity in an adult manner and with no distaste to others.  Whilst at the same time hopefully making it an intelligent and articulate post and on topic.  This often may not happen and if it breaks any rules the Mods sort it out.  Likewise the same goes for the up votes and the down votes, they are often posted to rile people up and or show bias, then have to be modded.  When I read posts I ignore the votes because somewhere amongst them they may still retain some kind of bias.  The thing I judge is the post itself and I take them at face value. Not once referring to how many votes they may or may not have received.  Let's be honest, not everyone votes anyway, I rarely if ever do.  Now, for me at least, back to the topic itself.

Please discuss voting issue here: 

1 hour ago, captainbluesky said:

I own the Aerosoft Airbus Bundle A318, A319, A320 and A321 for Prepar3D v2.  It is an excellent product and I await the Professional Prepar3D v4 version with eager anticipation.

I am not certain if this question has been asked before so please bear with me.

Could someone clarify for me in % terms - how functionally complete will the Professional Prepar3D v4 MCDU be compared to the real world Airbus MCDU (for example, following the Thales Avionics 'New FM Pilot's Guide' for the A318, A319, A320 and A321)? 

I appreciate it is difficult to provide 100% MCDU functionality for various reasons.

Thanks all.

82.77% I think that answer does not really help you right?  But is as good as possibly any other answer.

What we can say is that our MCDU always was the best for our sims and it only got a lot better. There is no other Airbus MCDU that offers the same functionality no matter the price of the add-on. It's the single most used bit of equipment in the cockpit so that's why we have a single developer on that for the last 6 years. 

Our idea is always to simulate the things the pilots use in day to day flights. We do not care about things that happen once every few million hours (like full engine failure) or things that happen every tens of millions of hours (like dual engine failures). That means we do not care a lot about pages that have to do with these extremely unlikely failures. We simulate the flying of the aircraft and we do not simulate the simulators of the aircraft pilots use to train on.  And we believe that those pages are 95% accurate. Please keep in mind we simulate what a very current version of the MCDU. What pilots flying for a rated airlines now use. We do not simplify things by using older versions. 

In short, it's not perfect, but for sure it is and will be the most complete MCDU available for our sims.