Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview (part 4)

The product which you will release    (especially A330), is going to work in

FSX:SE properly as well, right? 

1 hour ago, Anders Bermann said:

As I refuse to take my part in this, I'm sorry to say, but I'll be leaving this forum now. 

<off-topic>

Please let me say a word about the voting system here in the Aerosoft forum. It is intended to give everyone a quick and easy way of expressing approval or disapproval to a post. Both ways are valid and wanted, as long as they are about posts that express an opinion. We all know that we all have different opinions, therefore getting up or down votes here shouldn't be taken too hard. Votes just reflect the opinion of other users.

So what can you take from them if I say that you shouldn't take down votes too hard? In the end the sum of the votes gives a certain hint about the character of a user if you will. If a user has tons of up votes it shows that he is most likely helpful and his opinion is shared by a lot of other users here in the forum. If a user has tons of down votes (not just -5 or -10, but really a lot more) it can be a hint that this user is most likely many times alone with his opinion and/or disrespectful to other users. 

The sum of votes is a hint, but nothing more. And it should be treated by everyone just like that. A user with -50 votes is not necessarily the devil, like a user with +200 is not necessarily an archangel. Sometimes you just hit with your opinion into a wasp's nest and gather down votes faster than you can count to 3. Don't be too angered or stressed about that. This happens more or less to everyone who participates actively in this community once in a while, but it is also not too difficult to get rid of down votes again if your are really bothered by them.

As I said at the beginning, down votes are acceptable if they comment on an opinion being stated in a post. They are absolutely not acceptable if they are given to plain and valid answers being given to a question in a topic. For example: the question in the topic is "what is 1 + 1?". The answer "2" in the following post doesn't state an opinion but a fact. There is nothing to disapprove there. Facts are facts. So if we moderators see that fact stating posts are getting down votes we have a very close look on the person who down voted. And of course also take action if we get the impression that that user is misusing the voting system.

So bottom line: take it as a man if you got hit by down votes on an opinion stating post. If you take down votes on a fact stating post feel free to get in touch with one of the moderators here. But keep in mind that I wrote "votes" not "vote" ;) 

Aside of that we moderators also have a close look on the voting behavior of users and will get active if needed.

</off-topic>

I believe that if it's already written then it would be confirmed, No? And I don't believe Otto was being mean but. Given the fact that it's on every header on every page, the fact that people still are asking the same questions over and over can be a little frustrating. Yes, YOU asked a simple question. but it's been answered a hundred times already.  

10 minutes ago, emrekorap said:

I have already read but I just wanted to confirm it. Why do you need to be so mean?

emrekorap, if you read what I wrote (being the project manager) I think you can believe what you read. I am not sure what a confirmation would add to that. 

Overall, there have been a lot of posts that are not on topic. I removed those as they seemed to do little more then create more off-topic posts. Toms post is very correct, if you feel that somebody voted you incorrectly down just let me know at mathijs.kok@aerosoft.com and we'll look at it. Just this morning I removed the voting rights of 4 people because they seemed to use it to annoy or troll people on posts that were very useful to this forum. 

56 minutes ago, LordNoName said:

I know from personal experience that the A330s that I flew on have an automatic V1 callout. Some years ago, the pilot monitoring also had to call „Go“ 3 knots before the automatic V1 callout.

Okay so on the A330 it is obviously a customer option because it is not in the list of audio call outs in my manual. 

vor 11 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

Okay so on the A330 it is obviously a customer option because it is not in the list of audio call outs in my manual. 

I just asked, the A320 from the same company also has this callout.

So, I agree, must be a customer option.

14 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

so will there a option let us to select on/off callouts?

No, we will not simulate an automatic voice, we feel the co-pilot option is many times better. Sorry if that does not suit your preferences.

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

As far as we know the A320 does indeed not have an automatic call and it is always the second officer that makes that call (and all the other calls). If is might be an option that Airbus customers can order is is not something we intend to simulate.

Give us only a view from the jumpseat, some takeoffs and landings to keep us warm...and tell us nothing more, no release windows nothing...

We have faith in you Aerosoft, release it when YOU are happy first, when it's done...and if you feel it's not done but it's flyable and you want to make a soft release, early access, or late beta, you have my vote of confidence and i will test/buy it gladly.

Hello, I read a question similar to the one I'm about to ask a few pages back and I believe it may have been overlooked but I was still curious about it so I was hoping it could be answered.  

The A330 (32 and 64 bit versions) will be next, early next year, the 32 bit A318/A319/A320/A321 after that. 

Just a bit confused as to whether by "early next year" you meant the first quarter of 2018 or early 2019. Sorry if this has already been answered or if my interpretation's simply wrong lol

1 minute ago, Flyte75 said:

Just a bit confused as to whether by "early next year" you meant the first quarter of 2018 or early 2019. Sorry if this has already been answered or if my interpretation's simply wrong lol

The text was written last year. So we are talking 2018 for all releases.

vor 1 minute, Frank Docter sagte:

The text was written last year. So we are talking 2018 for all releases.

You just prevented an outrage :P

Awesome! Super excited for it, with the amount of work you guys are putting into it, it'll be a fantastic product that I'm very excited to purchase 

vor 1 hour , LordNoName sagte:

I just asked, the A320 from the same company also has this callout.

So, I agree, must be a customer option.

We requested this feature for our A319/321 fleet at Airbus, but it is not available for the 320 family, just from A330 upwards.

So no V1 call out on the A320 family possible.

23 minutes ago, Ahmed Ahzaam said:

Request For Bangkok Airways A319-132 IAE Livery.

Please post your livery/repaint requests into the proper topic 

1 hour ago, Abdul123 said:

When will the A330X be released? 

Release date info is at the top of every page. Since you're a new user, I strongly encourage you to take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with the site and look over the last two pages or so of this thread to learn more about what's happening.

If I recall, in the FSX buses, if you used the checklist with co-pilot, it was not possible to jump to a different checklist without resetting the panel state from the FO MCDU, Has this been changed in the V4 buses ?

Hello Aerosoft,

What is minimum and recommended hardware specs for Aerosoft A3XX Professional version?

CPU, RAM, GPU, SSD, etc.

Brgds

As Mathijs stated two days earlier the performance tests will start late this week. From their results the hardware recommendations will be derived and once they are available also published here.