Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview (part 4)

vor 6 Minuten, JP sagte:

Yes I understand. Thanks for your answers.
But for those who have invested heavily in FSX, it is not easy to emigrate.
Thank you

João Peralta

It's not like they are ditching FSX and FSX:SE soon. The new Airbus series (A320 fam and A330) will all be available for FSX and P3D. FSX will only come with less features, most of which is just visual stuff like dynamic lights, rain, more animations etc. Look at the CRJ, that one is for pretty much all ESP-based sims. 

47 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Just keep in mind that FSX is limited in several ways and we simply might now be able to use all features in the 32 bit platform.

Thanks for the reply, Mathijs.

What will be Prepar3D V4-exclusive features? Besides RealLight and TrueGlass.

Well the limitations are with almost all lights of course, but mainly the problem will be with memory. we really do not want the 32 bit version to use more memory then it does now to avoid the user not being able to use high settings or complex scenery. That of course means having to work in a limited memory space and that means we can't add some features.

5 minutes ago, generale84 said:

ehi...any news about the big one (330) ?

Just read the first post on every page and you will have all the info we can share.

32 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

How will we calculate assumed temps and v speeds for the Airbus ? 

That works exactly like in the current Airbus: enter flaps and pitch trim in the perf page, and the flex temp and v speeds will be calculated and entered for you.

Of course that can always be overwritten by you if you use an external performance calculator.

29 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Well the limitations are with almost all lights of course, but mainly the problem will be with memory. we really do not want the 32 bit version to use more memory then it does now to avoid the user not being able to use high settings or complex scenery. That of course means having to work in a limited memory space and that means we can't add some features.

Thanks, Mathijs.

Appreciated.

We just had our progress meeting and as promised I'll explain some of the issues we are currently dealing with.

• Our main issue at this moment is that we can't add any more transparent click zones, they are simply ignored. Now for example when we inserted a complete 'stand alone' right MCDU we need to add click zones because the one we have there now does not have a complete set of click zones.  But as explained that is now simply not possible and we are waiting for Lockheed to come back to us on that. 
    Some background, we are not the only add-on developer dealing with this but we are hit a bit harder because we always tried to avoid putting the click zones in the gauges as that is hard on performance and in our experience a bit less stable. If this issue is not solved we have that a s a fall back option but that will need at least a  week to change over. It's a decision we have been putting off in the hope Lockheed with fix it . A bit frustrating though.
  • We have also decided to add some more pages to the printer and there is now  a 2d gauges where you can see the last 5 printed. in the VC you will only see the last one. 
  • Modeling is 95% completed, just some tweaks here and there and we still need to work on the reading light.
  • There are at least 10 complete test flights done every day at this moment and we have some tweaking to do and one issues to solve.
  • MCDU is good enough to ship at this moment but we still want some changes done so it looks more precisely like one of the very latest versions. Think we got 20 known issue with it (believe me, that nothing, the real thing has probably more).
  • We did decide that we'll stop for this moment with getting the ND and PFD as 2d gauges as we found some issue that take some time to sort out. Will happen but it might not make it in the initial release.
  • Performance testing will start late this week, but first signs are positive. 
  • Memory leak testing (where the aircraft is loaded a whole night) are ongoing 7 days a week. 

Are we going fast enough? Hell no, these are the weeks where you grind away at issues. One at a time. Some 5 minutes of work, some a week.  No matter what, on my desk is one screen that looks like this:

image.png

The only thing I want is to see issue move right....

Thanks for the weekly insight, gives us a lot more of an idea what it takes to develop an aircraft like this and why deadlines are not always made!

29 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

• We did decide that we'll stop for this moment with getting the ND and PFD as 2d gauges as we found some issue that take some time to sort out. Will happen but it might not make it in the initial release.

Aaaarghh   I really hope you'll solve this issue. It's the feature I most expected!

58 minutes ago, planespotterhd said:

Looks good, Mathijs!

But Is the release in the 1Q2018 possible? And is an efb still in development?

Sorry for asking :huh:

Ohhh yes, that is most certainly still our plan. 

EFB is on hold at this moment as we really need georeferenced charts for that. We'll see. I am still not a huge fan of putting that in the VC and not on your tablet though. 

35 minutes ago, klisura said:

Aaaarghh   I really hope you'll solve this issue. It's the feature I most expected!

Don't worry, it's just hours and not problems. Will happen, 100% sure. If not in V1.00 it will be one of the very first things that will be worked on.

3 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Don't worry, it's just hours and not problems. Will happen, 100% sure. If not in V1.00 it will be one of the very first things that will be worked on.

Thank you Mathijs! 

Upper and lower ecams too or just pfd and nd?

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

No matter what, on my desk is one screen that looks like this:

Really do appreciate these peeks behind the curtain.  Other developers would have an easier time with their customer base - and maintain better relationships - if they'd adopt this level of transparency.  Again, a professional opinion: this is how it should be done.

vor 11 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

EFB is on hold at this moment as we really need georeferenced charts for that.

Roger, but would definitely be a good idea! Thanks for the Update!

2 hours ago, planespotterhd said:

Roger, but would definitely be a good idea! Thanks for the Update!

I respectfully disagree. 

I find an EFB integrated into the VC of little to no use. It's hard to see and read (unless you zoom in quite a lot). With the relatively clumsy controls you have in FSX/P3D with regards to panning and zooming, it's really hard to use it effectively, IMO. Captain Sim did it once in their rendition of their 777, and personally I found it impossible to draw benefit from that feature.

If it could be made as a popup panel or something along those lines, I guess it could be useful, but then I would rather use an external application like AivlaSoft EFB or a tablet on the side. To be honest, it's a feature which are best left out of the VC as it utilizes unnecessary performance and RAM.

Of course - this is just my opinion.

On 10/6/2017 at 9:48 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

How many products are this? And what will be the names?

• Aerosoft A318/A319 Professional
  • Aerosoft A320/A321 Professional
  • Aerosoft A330 Professional

So by calling the product "Professional"...Along with all of the functionality that we all have come to expect and love, this also usually means that all Variants will be represented.

Can I get a confirmed answer on if the A330 will include a cargo variant...even at a later date? The cargo sim community needs it.

Preston B.

2 hours ago, PBCool1 said:

So by calling the product "Professional"...Along with all of the functionality that we all have come to expect and love, this also usually means that all Variants will be represented.

Can I get a confirmed answer on if the A330 will include a cargo variant...even at a later date? The cargo sim community needs it.

Preston B.

A search in the box in the upper right for "A330 freighter" (or "A330 cargo" would have gotten you there too) reveals the answer is "No."

I want to share with you, opinion of one member in Facebook group, real airbus pilot:

"Yea who really cares about paper inna clip when the original was so far from the real aircraft..have they fixed the Fmgc and Mcdu so that it behaves like the real aeroplane? In the original it was extremely limited with no ability to modify speeds for descents, contraint speeds where non modifyable, max weights where wrong, numerous basic features used every day where not available.
How does the FMGC compare to FSLabs or FF A320’s as they are the gold standard? Pieces of paper under a clip not used any more because we have Ipads mounted there in the real aeroplane dont really show whats been fixed,,,lots needed fixing..."

What can you say about it?