Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview (part 4)

Hi Eric,

1. Yes. The Aerosoft Airbuses are already updateable from NavDataPro and Navigraph since the "Airbus Extended X" version from 6 years ago.
  2. Yes. The Aerosoft Airbus WXR supports all weather engines, even the simple one that is part of the sim. No need for a specific one.
  3. As long as your hardware represents itself as standard axis in the sim, it can be used with the Aerosoft Airbuses. But of course you can also use FSUIPC to be able to do a much more granular calibration.

vor 49 Minuten, B777ER sagte:

Geez, I didn't even know that Trueglass and Reallight would be in the Aerosoft Airbus series. That is really good to hear. I have been debating with myself which one to purchase, this one or FS Labs. I think I am going to go with Aerosoft for a couple of reasons.

1. Be nice that the whole family from A318 to A330 will be from same developer. That way I just come here for updates, issues, etc... Maybe they also offer discounts in the future for those that buy all their products, kinda like airlines get discounts on bulk orders in real world. Say if you own A318 through A320, when A321 comes out you get discount. 

2. Like the Trueglass and Reallight for immersion factor. 

Couple things that I need to figure out beforehand is:

1. Will navdata be updateable with Navigraph? I know thats a competitor of Aerosoft NavDataPro but use them for the Charts Cloud app on my tablet that NavDataPro does not have. 

2. Does wx radar work with ASP4 from HiFi? 

3. How well my hardware interfaces. I have a seperate tiller from JetMax, yoke, rudders, toe brakes, throttle quadrant, etc... I need to be able to link it all through a paid version of fsuipc or like in FSLabs, through the interface in the MCDU. 

Let me answer point 2 as it has already been answered over and over (and to avoid Aerosoft getting crazy about that ;) ). ASP4 as well as other weather addons injects weather data into the sim. The Airbus wxr gets the data from the sim itself so yes, the Aerosoft Airbus will and currently is showing weather provided by tools like ASP4. You're welcome. :)

Edit: Damn didn't see Tom's post on the next site. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Tom A320 said:

Hi Eric,

1. Yes. The Aerosoft Airbuses are already updateable from NavDataPro and Navigraph since the "Airbus Extended X" version from 6 years ago.
  2. Yes. The Aerosoft Airbus WXR supports all weather engines, even the simple one that is part of the sim. No need for a specific one.
  3. As long as your hardware represents itself as standard axis in the sim, it can be used with the Aerosoft Airbuses. But of course you can also use FSUIPC to be able to do a much more granular calibration.

Thanks Tom. I pretty familiar with the fsuipc workings so I'll just create a profile in there then for the Airbus. Thanks for your response, it has solidified my decision to go with Aerosoft for all my Airbus needs. I have never flown an Airbus in the sim so I'm looking forward to this new challenge. It will reinvigorate my flight simming for a long time to come once these packages start being released for P3Dv4. 

1 minute ago, B777ER said:

I have never flown an Airbus in the sim so I'm looking forward to this new challenge.

In that case please let me suggest that you start with working yourself through the included step-by-step guide. It teaches you all there is to know to get successfully from A to B with an Airbus ;) 

5 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

In that case please let me suggest that you start with working yourself through the included step-by-step guide. It teaches you all there is to know to get successfully from A to B with an Airbus ;) 

Is this guide available now for the new bus and if so can you show me where thanks 

5 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Is this guide available now for the new bus and if so can you show me where thanks 

It's not available for the new bus yet, however for those who never flew an Airbus yet the guide of the old Airbus will already give a LOT of information.

The old one is available on the Airbusses productpage in the shop if you check the productpage of the current (can I say old already? ;)) Airbusses.

Thank you to all the moderators and staff for all these updates to the topic.

@B777ER , it is a different animal than the PMDG Boeings and it took me a little while to get the hang of flying the Airbus (the MCDU is completely different than what you may be used to in the Boeings:goodluck_s:), but once I figured it out, it is a lot a fun to fly.

Man, this is getting to be an expensive month for flight sim add-ons.

1 minute ago, BuddyDog said:

Thank you to all the moderators and staff for all these updates to the topic.

@B777ER , it is a different animal than the PMDG Boeings and it took me a little while to get the hang of flying the Airbus (the MCDU is completely different than what you may be used to in the Boeings:goodluck_s:), but once I figured it out, it is a lot a fun to fly.

Man, this is getting to be an expensive month for flight sim add-ons.

Tell me about it. Nevermind FlyTampa upcoming release of KBOS and KLAS for P3Dv4 and Pacsim release of KRNO for P3Dv4 as well along with new to P3D developer, Skyline Simulations KORD release. 

Could you provide an expected date of the A318/A319 Professional release or do you want to keep it secret?

We ‚re all really looking forward to it!:D

Regards Fabio

1 minute ago, B777ER said:

Tell me about it. Nevermind FlyTampa upcoming release of KBOS and KLAS for P3Dv4 and Pacsim release of KRNO for P3Dv4 as well along with new to P3D developer, Skyline Simulations KORD release. 

You just made it a whole lot more expensive, thanks! ;)

Omg! cant wait to take it and fly to SCBA or SCCI with a LATAM A320 to see this TrueGlass!

Tomorrow is the crowded skies ivao event which is sponsered by aerosoft.Anything in common with the upcoming release of the new busses? :grouprespect_s:

18 minutes ago, Pairbus said:

Tomorrow is the crowded skies ivao event which is sponsered by aerosoft.Anything in common with the upcoming release of the new busses? :grouprespect_s:

If you're insinuating, that the Airbus' will be released tomorrow, you really need to adjust your expectations...

Sorry for being the 'buzz-kill'

13 hours ago, Meyerflyer said:

Let me answer point 2 as it has already been answered over and over (and to avoid Aerosoft getting crazy about that ;) ). ASP4 as well as other weather addons injects weather data into the sim. The Airbus wxr gets the data from the sim itself so yes, the Aerosoft Airbus will and currently is showing weather provided by tools like ASP4. You're welcome. :)

Edit: Damn didn't see Tom's post on the next site. :rolleyes:

And to add to that.... it is by far the most sophisticated weather radar available. a front can shade another front, it has ground reflections (you can use it for navigation!). But of course the fact what you see on screen matches what you see in the sim is the most important. There is a very basic test for weather radars in the sim, find a rain cloud and fly in it. If you indeed see rain on your windscreen where the weather radar showed it is it okay.  You would be surprised how often this fails in some aircraft.

11 hours ago, Fabio Balazs said:

Could you provide an expected date of the A318/A319 Professional release or do you want to keep it secret?

We ‚re all really looking forward to it!:D

Regards Fabio

Absolutely not. But I simply do not know. Latest count showed 209 open issues, some easy some hard.

vor 2 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

Absolutely not. But I simply do not know. Latest count showed 209 open issues, some easy some hard.

Wow. I think it won't get boring for you guys in the next weeks or months. :D

Will the A330 come with padded corners and baby-proofing? Because I feel like I might accidentally cut myself on the sharp textures.

HEYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...

209 open issues, Mathjis, is that more or less than the last count?  Computer programming can open up new issues at each turn, as you well know.  When will it stop, Oh Lord, when will it stop?

6 hours ago, macca22au said:

209 open issues, Mathjis, is that more or less than the last count?  Computer programming can open up new issues at each turn, as you well know.  When will it stop, Oh Lord, when will it stop?

Uhm...

You do realize that it doesn't necessary mean, that it's the same 209 open issues remaining, right?!

7 hours ago, macca22au said:

It's a little bit more, but that happened since we got a new tester who will of course also find some new stuff or post suggestions (which may also be counted as issues).

Be aware however that 209, as much as it may sound, can be a lot or can be close to nothing. It depends on the nature of the bugs reported.

Many are quite easy and can be solved fast and then there are the harder ones.

There are days where you can fix 20 bugs in a short time and there are weeks in which you can't even get one bug solved.

Most days are those where you can actually fix a lot ;)

8 minutes ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

Be aware however that 209, as much as it may sound, [...]

And to add to Emi: the mere number of open issues says more or less nothing about the status of a product, as another but equally important information is missing: the severity of an issue. A product can be easily and without any negative implications for the customer released with thousands of issues, as long as their severity is low enough. You would be "shocked" if you would be able to take a look into the bug tracking systems of all large software manufacturers if you would only look on the mere number of issues.

7 hours ago, macca22au said:

When will it stop, Oh Lord, when will it stop?

As said: no reason to panic, that's just standard software development (which includes of course testing) ;) 

Serves me right for my temerity, (or is it lese majeste to Mathjis)... 3 downvotes.... I shall go back to sending my love through cyberspace from far distant Australia, where it is 30C in my part of the world:  and I have had a great day photographing an airfield for a scenery developer.

Honestly, I don't mind waiting cause it just gets me more and more excited thinking about the final product. Sure I would love to get my hands on it right now but this forum post here keeps me kicking through with excitement as the day goes by :). 

I have a question regarding chaseplane I didn't find answered in this thread...

Will Chaseplane work directly with the bus or do I have to use some "tricks" as it was needed with the old version?

Regards, Klaus

I never needed any tricks in the current Airbus, and also don't need any tricks in the new Airbus to get Chaseplane to do what I want from it. 

What tricks are you referring to in detail?